ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Bucks to sign Boogie,pg 26

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LuessiT
RealGM
Posts: 10,319
And1: 3,933
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#421 » by LuessiT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Jrue is a terrifying defender to face if your team is relying on guard play to create offense. That said he 'struggles' with elite quickness guards. To understand how valueable Jrue is in a deep playoff run is to look at the matchups. Last year was a perfect storm vs. the Hawks/Suns but it's not always going to be like that.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,000
And1: 26,966
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#422 » by emunney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Chad34 wrote:
tydett wrote:
emunney wrote:Jrue is an ideal fit defensively (with anybody, really), and a not ideal fit offensively because he's not a deadly shooter. I did crack a big smile at "a couple outstanding plays".


Really, when people think of the Bucks' championship, I'm sure the last thing that will come to their minds will be Jrue ripping the ball away from Booker before driving down court and making an oop pass to Giannis to seal the game in the decisive game 5. Just run of the mill ****.

good point, we definitely don't win the championship last year without him. I just hate how restricted we seem to be improving the roster going forward. I'm not saying getting rid of Jrue is the answer, but just wondering what can be done and if what he does can be replaced while improving the roster.


If you're worried about upgrading the roster, just remember that we picked Giannis 15th, we got Khris as a secondary piece in a sign and trade, we got Allen for a couple 2nds, we got Brook for 3m, Bobby for similar, etc. There are always avenues to improve the roster.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
User avatar
jschligs
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,154
And1: 3,365
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#423 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:02 pm

My main point was questioning their off-court chemistry. Jrue is nothing but class, Giannis likes that no question.
Milbucks96
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,466
And1: 896
Joined: Mar 10, 2019
   

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#424 » by Milbucks96 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:12 pm

Jrues fit long term with Giannis is definitely questionable with his contract, ability to shoot, past injuries, and age.
The bucks would be better off without his contract on the books and replacing his production and impact wouldn’t be that hard imo.

With that being said we don’t have a ring without him and trading for/extending him were the right moves and you do it every time. And even though he’s very frustrating to watch when he’s off(which is often lately), I’ve never questioned his effort or chemistry with any of his teammates.
DingleJerry
RealGM
Posts: 10,228
And1: 4,773
Joined: Jul 09, 2015
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#425 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:18 pm

A major trade of him isn't going to happen right now after the title. Just try to remember he's been hurt and the playoffs are 5 months away. But after maybe two more years assuming they don't win again and as he ages they'll like have to trade him eventually and hopefully in that comes more of a modern shooter and lead PnR G. The addition of Allan really helps improve the shooting from last year, so they've addressed the problem but didn't have to move Jrue to do it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,000
And1: 26,966
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#426 » by emunney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 pm

For mine, I think Jrue's PG play has been taking off and it's probably going to extend his career for a couple years.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 810
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#427 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:01 am

DingleJerry wrote:Yea if you rewind to before they somehow put it together to win it all there was plenty of talk on how they're not the ideal fit on O due to Jrue not being a great shooter, not great PnR CP3 style passer to feed Giannis and if we still need a shooter upgrade(think all the dame talk). It's not like their O to finish the playoffs was necessarily thriving either either. ON D though they're a great fit for each other so it's matter of does one outweigh the other combined with what can really be had that improves the O enough to balance the D loss and that's unlikely.

I think they would both benefit from a better shooting pg that moves Jrue to sg.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 810
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#428 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:04 am

Chad34 wrote:
tydett wrote:
emunney wrote:Jrue is an ideal fit defensively (with anybody, really), and a not ideal fit offensively because he's not a deadly shooter. I did crack a big smile at "a couple outstanding plays".


Really, when people think of the Bucks' championship, I'm sure the last thing that will come to their minds will be Jrue ripping the ball away from Booker before driving down court and making an oop pass to Giannis to seal the game in the decisive game 5. Just run of the mill ****.

good point, we definitely don't win the championship last year without him. I just hate how restricted we seem to be improving the roster going forward. I'm not saying getting rid of Jrue is the answer, but just wondering what can be done and if what he does can be replaced while improving the roster.

I'd be open to trading Jrue or MIddleton down the road, but not right now.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
User avatar
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,531
And1: 2,539
Joined: Jan 03, 2013
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#429 » by ackypoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:51 pm

can we get sekou doumbouya?

either ship him to the herd or give him the last roster spot?
ShootingtheJ
Analyst
Posts: 3,411
And1: 1,943
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#430 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:25 pm

ackypoo wrote:can we get sekou doumbouya?

either ship him to the herd or give him the last roster spot?


He's injured.
LuessiT
RealGM
Posts: 10,319
And1: 3,933
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#431 » by LuessiT » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:28 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
ackypoo wrote:can we get sekou doumbouya?

either ship him to the herd or give him the last roster spot?


He's injured.


He's only got a minor foot injury. Getting his rights for the Herd wouldn't be too bad imo.
LuessiT
RealGM
Posts: 10,319
And1: 3,933
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#432 » by LuessiT » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Wierd idea but maybe we could trade for Alperen Sengün to alleviate our big men woes? He's out of the rotation in Houston for now (still very early though) but his skill level and passing fits what we're trying to do and he'd be a high upside piece. Something around Donte or Nwora+.
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 20,719
And1: 2,349
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#433 » by raferfenix » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Am seeing chatter about a Simmons for Holiday swap but if this is the only sourcing it’s just an idea for a ‘ridiculous trade that actually could work’ from Bleacher Report without sourcing:

The Trade: Ben Simmons for Jrue Holiday

Why It Seems Ridiculous: The Milwaukee Bucks just won an NBA title with Holiday as the team's starting point guard. He's still a premier defensive guard at age 31 and viewed as one of the best teammates in the league who's contract isn't up until 2024 (with a player option for 2024-25).

Moving Holiday for Simmons could have a terrible effect on team chemistry and risk upsetting Giannis Antetokounmpo. If nothing's broken, why fix it, right?

Why It Could Actually Work: After the initial shock of a Holiday-Simmons swap, the Bucks could have a higher ceiling and become even more devastating defensively with the 25-year-old, three-time All-Star on board.

Pairing Simmons and Antetokounmpo gives Milwaukee perhaps the two most versatile defenders in the league. Both stand at 6'11" and can guard all five positions on the floor. The Bucks have stumbled to 20th defensively this season, with Holiday (who's six years older than Simmons) missing six games with a sprained ankle. Letting a motivated Simmons set the table for Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton while spreading shooters around (Brook Lopez, Grayson Allen, Donte DiVincenzo, George Hill etc) could make the Bucks even more dangerous than last year.

Holiday would be a breath of fresh air if he returned to Philly, as he's ready to win now and can do anything Doc Rivers asks of him. He's already proved capable of thriving next to All-Star big men (Anthony Davis, Antetokounmpo) and would help bring out the best in Joel Embiid.

—Greg Swartz


https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950394-br-nba-roundtable-5-ridiculous-trades-that-could-actually-work
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 17,269
And1: 6,984
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#434 » by TroyD92 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Simmons is not that guy
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 17,994
And1: 5,555
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#435 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:02 pm

raferfenix wrote:Am seeing chatter about a Simmons for Holiday swap but if this is the only sourcing it’s just an idea for a ‘ridiculous trade that actually could work’ from Bleacher Report without sourcing:

The Trade: Ben Simmons for Jrue Holiday

Why It Seems Ridiculous: The Milwaukee Bucks just won an NBA title with Holiday as the team's starting point guard. He's still a premier defensive guard at age 31 and viewed as one of the best teammates in the league who's contract isn't up until 2024 (with a player option for 2024-25).

Moving Holiday for Simmons could have a terrible effect on team chemistry and risk upsetting Giannis Antetokounmpo. If nothing's broken, why fix it, right?

Why It Could Actually Work: After the initial shock of a Holiday-Simmons swap, the Bucks could have a higher ceiling and become even more devastating defensively with the 25-year-old, three-time All-Star on board.

Pairing Simmons and Antetokounmpo gives Milwaukee perhaps the two most versatile defenders in the league. Both stand at 6'11" and can guard all five positions on the floor. The Bucks have stumbled to 20th defensively this season, with Holiday (who's six years older than Simmons) missing six games with a sprained ankle. Letting a motivated Simmons set the table for Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton while spreading shooters around (Brook Lopez, Grayson Allen, Donte DiVincenzo, George Hill etc) could make the Bucks even more dangerous than last year.

Holiday would be a breath of fresh air if he returned to Philly, as he's ready to win now and can do anything Doc Rivers asks of him. He's already proved capable of thriving next to All-Star big men (Anthony Davis, Antetokounmpo) and would help bring out the best in Joel Embiid.

—Greg Swartz


https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950394-br-nba-roundtable-5-ridiculous-trades-that-could-actually-work

Yeah no way it happens and I would be too scared to pull the trigger, but if Horst has the balls and Giannis is game I would jump on board. Yeah Jrue is better now, but assuming (and big risk) Simmons returns to his pre-playoff form his is by far a better value going forward. Jrue in 2 years scares the living **** out of me.
I'm not too worried about Simmons lack of shooting. Just play him in the Tucker offensive roll if teams are sagging too much.
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,371
And1: 3,999
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#436 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Ben Simmons is the exact opposite of what you want out of a franchise player

Would never touch the guy, Giannis mentality would destroy him psychologically

If Rockets cave and buyout John Wall though, I'd take a look, I can see him preferring Nets though
LuessiT
RealGM
Posts: 10,319
And1: 3,933
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#437 » by LuessiT » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:31 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Ben Simmons is the exact opposite of what you want out of a franchise player

Would never touch the guy, Giannis mentality would destroy him psychologically

If Rockets cave and buyout John Wall though, I'd take a look, I can see him preferring Nets though


But we don't exactly need a franchise player, do we? Imo Simmons would be a fine reclamation project you trade down the line for a better fitting player (maybe KAT). I don't like the on court fit with Giannis, but Jrue's fit isn't ideal either and in a vacuum Simmons is the much higher ceiling player.
User avatar
Ron Swanson
RealGM
Posts: 17,246
And1: 14,297
Joined: May 15, 2013

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#438 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm

If you want to give Giannis a reason to leave, then trading Jrue for Baby Ben is it. I can't even fathom why people could think they'd ever work well together, both the dreadful on-court fit, and the exact opposite mentality/personalities.
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,371
And1: 3,999
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#439 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 pm

LuessiT wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Ben Simmons is the exact opposite of what you want out of a franchise player

Would never touch the guy, Giannis mentality would destroy him psychologically

If Rockets cave and buyout John Wall though, I'd take a look, I can see him preferring Nets though


But we don't exactly need a franchise player, do we? Imo Simmons would be a fine reclamation project you trade down the line for a better fitting player (maybe KAT). I don't like the on court fit with Giannis, but Jrue's fit isn't ideal either and in a vacuum Simmons is the much higher ceiling player.



Jrue was literally the missing piece for Bucks winning a championship

Not sure how his fit isn't perfect

Simmons career might be over. I wouldn't even want him on a minimum contract.

I have a feeling Dame's time in Portland is on a clock and I'd much rather keep Jrue until something like that pops up
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,000
And1: 26,966
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#440 » by emunney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If you want to give Giannis a reason to leave, then trading Jrue for Baby Ben is it. I can't even fathom why people could think they'd ever work well together, both the dreadful on-court fit, and the exact opposite mentality/personalities.


I highly doubt I'd do it, but I am curious to know what Minny's offered for Ben. Jrue for that package with Ben going to Minnesota? *Might* be worth considering.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks