ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Nwora in protocols

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#501 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:04 am

I've been on medication for most if the last week related to Lopez and I'm now of the mindset that as long as he comes back post deadline and works himself up the way tucker did last year that's all we ever need from him.

That doesn't change the fact we need a big body on the roster. Considering how low cost and accessible they are I'd go for a high upside guy bum that hasn't gotten burn yet much and see if we can win a lottery ticket. It's not like we're dependent on making the playoffs with him but it takes load off giannis to have him around
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#502 » by raferfenix » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:17 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:I've been on medication for most if the last week related to Lopez and I'm now of the mindset that as long as he comes back post deadline and works himself up the way tucker did last year that's all we ever need from him.

That doesn't change the fact we need a big body on the roster. Considering how low cost and accessible they are I'd go for a high upside guy bum that hasn't gotten burn yet much and see if we can win a lottery ticket. It's not like we're dependent on making the playoffs with him but it takes load off giannis to have him around

Or Horst plans to just sign RoLo after he gets bought out (or when Hammond’s asking price gets low enough to pick him up for Semi + Hood).

Read on Twitter
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#503 » by giannis and 1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:56 am

LuessiT wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:How about Dieng for a low cost option?

I like Dieng a lot for what he does, but he's in the roation in Atlanta. We should be looking at players that either seriously improve our playoff rotation (which assuming everyone is healthy Dieng does not) and trade value for them or look for players that can't crack a rotation and trade our 'trash' for their 'trash' without value. I don't think Dieng can be had without incentive and I wouldn't want to give up incentive to get him.

I mean what is incentive though? I wouldn't care to throw away a 2nd round pick, those are easily re-acquirable.

Of course, if they want DDV or Nwora, I would tell them to **** right off.

I think Dieng would give us some injury insurance for Brook, because Portis isn't cutting it in terms of rim protection. It doesn't seriously improve our roster but we need center depth pretty badly imo.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#504 » by giannis and 1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:58 am

BigO wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
BigO wrote:The only similar player to Brook I'd be interested in is Myles Turner. Stretch big who can guard the paint. But we have nothing to offer the Pacers in return that would make sense.

It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.

Porzingis can't guard the paint. Turner can.

There's gotta be someone between Dingus Pingus and Turner that we can get to help with rim protection.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#505 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:30 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:How about Dieng for a low cost option?

I like Dieng a lot for what he does, but he's in the roation in Atlanta. We should be looking at players that either seriously improve our playoff rotation (which assuming everyone is healthy Dieng does not) and trade value for them or look for players that can't crack a rotation and trade our 'trash' for their 'trash' without value. I don't think Dieng can be had without incentive and I wouldn't want to give up incentive to get him.

I mean what is incentive though? I wouldn't care to throw away a 2nd round pick, those are easily re-acquirable.

Of course, if they want DDV or Nwora, I would tell them to **** right off.

I think Dieng would give us some injury insurance for Brook, because Portis isn't cutting it in terms of rim protection. It doesn't seriously improve our roster but we need center depth pretty badly imo.

The defense had been very good with Portis at center. He isn't a rim protector, but that's not a huge factor if we're not playing the drop defense, which we rarely use anymore.

What we need is a reserve 4 with length. Someone to guard KD effectively. The Bucks supposedly were interested in Jarred Vanderbilt, and a player like him would be perfect.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#506 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Wonder if Al-Farouq Aminu has anything left.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#507 » by Bernman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:27 pm

raferfenix wrote:If we trade Donte do we have Pat play more backup SG (instead of small ball 4) and just run with Hill as our only other decent backup 1?

Trading Donte creates another hole.

Hill’s play has been way encouraging but I don’t think he should be clocking this big of minutes through the doldrums of the regular season.

I could see a deal out there that is worth it for Donte but if it’s a low value return then I could also see us dangling Nwora and whatever seconds we have left instead.

It's the conundrum because in our situation we've likely backed ourselves in to trading a player who'd help us now for someone who'd help us more.

A 3&d big win helps us more than another point & 2. We just won a title w/ Tucker starting and Teague as backup 1. Now it's upgraded to hill.

You have to give up something to get it. Nwora & a 2nd doesn't have significant present & future value. So we'd likely get little for it. however, I never expected to nab Allen for that package, so if they can pull a rabbit of a hat twice, great.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#508 » by jschligs » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:35 pm

Wanna give a huge shoutout to Steger for helping me out with this. I couldn't go to the game and asked the GT if anyone had an extra they'd be willing to ship to me in Madison.

Pretty cool to be a part of a community willing to do this. He didn't have to go out of his way for me. Even though we disagree on a lot of takes, he's a Bucks fan just like me. You guys are all pretty awesome.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#509 » by raferfenix » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Bernman wrote:It's the conundrum because in our situation we've likely backed ourselves in to trading a player who'd help us now for someone who'd help us more.

A 3&d big win helps us more than another point & 2. We just won a title w/ Tucker starting and Teague as backup 1. Now it's upgraded to hill.

You have to give up something to get it. Nwora & a 2nd doesn't have significant present & future value. So we'd likely get little for it. however, I never expected to nab Allen for that package, so if they can pull a rabbit of a hat twice, great.

If the Bucks preferred a 3&D big to Donte we could have just kept Tucker though.

If the luxury tax were the only issue we could have dealt Donte to a team with a trade exception and a future protected pick or the like.

Of course the Bucks could prefer a 3&D big other than PJ (or a longer term fit), however, based on Horst’s comments about trying to play faster with more creators I think it’s more they didn’t want to spend significant salary on that kind of player — if only after we secured Portis as a third big man.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#510 » by Bernman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:47 pm

raferfenix wrote:If the Bucks preferred a 3&D big to Donte we could have just kept Tucker though.

If the luxury tax were the only issue we could have dealt Donte to a team with a trade exception and a future protected pick or the like.

Of course the Bucks could prefer a 3&D big other than PJ (or a longer term fit), however, based on Horst’s comments about trying to play faster with more creators I think it’s more they didn’t want to spend significant salary on that kind of player — if only after we secured Portis as a third big man.

a. we're talking about what they should do, not will.
b. tucker's old & projected to decline over the course of the contract. was borderline last yr.
c. by their own admission, they didn't want to pay the tax for tucker. wouldn't have to if it's a salary swap.
d. donte needs to return 1st to recoup some value. subsequently can sell at closer to peak.
e. playoffs are halfcourt & nobody on our squad defends durant, lebron, etc. + preserves offensive legs
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#511 » by LittleRooster » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#512 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:31 pm

Is Brook ok?
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#513 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:32 pm

That was my first thought. Things can't be going as planned there if they are signing him now

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#514 » by Prez » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:32 pm

Let’s go!!! Pretty sure he’s done but would be so dope if we revived his career
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#515 » by MrHoneycutt » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:32 pm

Boogie?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#516 » by emunney » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:32 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Is Brook ok?

I love it but I thought this immediately also.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#517 » by Matches Malone » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:32 pm

I love this move! But I'm very worried on Brook now.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#518 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Hopefully just insurance and not directly related to any new negative developments for Brook.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,980

Post#519 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#520 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:34 pm

Also, how washed is Boogie now? I recall him being not good the last few times I saw him play.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks