ImageImage

PG Lakers: Giannis is Pretty Pretty Good

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

drdrG
Junior
And1: 265

Re: PG Lakers: Giannis is Pretty Pretty Good 

Post#101 » by drdrG » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Old Melo makes Jabari look like an engaged defender.

Point taken but I would never give Jabari that much credit
ShootingtheJ
Analyst
And1: 1,946

Post#102 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:13 am

old skool wrote:I think the Bucks are in a good place. Lopez will take over for Portis. Portis will take the bench role currently occupied by Ojeleye and Nwora. Hill will still get spot minutes, but some of his minutes will go to DiVincenzo. That will also give Connaughton a chance to reduce his minutes.

Fully healthy, the Bucks have a solid 9 man rotation. The end of bench fringe players will be get some minutes in case they are needed, but realistically they should only be there in a last resort emergency.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

I agree, but being fully healthy might not be realistic. There wasn't a team in the field of 16 that had their full rotation last year. Important to develop depth now.
Perseus1966
Sixth Man
And1: 711

Post#103 » by Perseus1966 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:01 am

Come on guys dont blame Semi ,still too early ,trust the players.
Tucker was the same during play offs bricking easy shots ,have you forgot that?
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
BigO
Bench Warmer
And1: 951

Post#104 » by BigO » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:42 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:Come on guys dont blame Semi ,still too early ,trust the players.

This is Semis fifth season .He has never been good in any phase. His shooting is consistently mediocre to bad. Comparing him to PJ is blasphemous
KidA24
Head Coach
And1: 4,382

Post#105 » by KidA24 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:20 am

emunney wrote:
truly wrote:AD plays soft.Even worse,he looks like he will fall apart if he actually plays hard.

They kept showing the play where he got hurt and it was not possible to see where he got hurt. Not a great sign!

AD plays basketball like a premiere league footballer
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ShootingtheJ
Analyst
And1: 1,946

Post#106 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:36 pm

BigO wrote:
Perseus1966 wrote:Come on guys dont blame Semi ,still too early ,trust the players.

This is Semis fifth season .He has never been good in any phase. His shooting is consistently mediocre to bad. Comparing him to PJ is blasphemous

At the age Semi is, PJ was still terrible, and just playing his first full NBA season after arriving from Europe.
Neuromancer56
Junior
And1: 230

Post#107 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:19 pm

fan230 wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:As bad has Jrue has been, I would not trade him for Ben Simmons. (Saw an article on this trade idea). I would trade Hill for Ben Simmons. That's as much value as I would give for him.

I read the article. It was in between a trade idea and a trade rumor, more like the latter actually.

Simmons for Jrue was the point of discussion.

Intrigued me. I would at least consider this seriously. He is a 3 time All Star.
I get it because he's 6'10" and we need some height and rim protection with Brook out. But it's the intangibles that matter. Just as we found out that Semi while he has some similarities to PJ Tucker is not who you want on your team. Simmons is the guy who is afraid to take the easy shot in the crucial moments, while Jrue is the guy who rips the ball away from the other teams best player in the crucial moments. Plus Simmons is a headcase and would cause locker room trouble. Jrue builds chemistry.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks