jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: ATL - Halfway Point 

Post#1261 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:44 pm

Wonka wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: the Brooklyn board is going to implode

Would hate to see something “accidentally “ happen between him and Thanasis next time they play. Just make sure Thanasis is wearing a mask
Do it for Chuck
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,677

Post#1262 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:02 pm

Kyrie also bitched about how Nassir Little hustled for a loose ball. Loser player with a loser mentality.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1263 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:04 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Kyrie also bitched about how Nassir Little hustled for a loose ball. Loser player with a loser mentality.

Hes the worst type of jackass. A contrarian who fancies himself a free thinker. Remember when he was complaining about the old Mecca floor reproduction that he assumed was the actual old floor? When provided with the evidence that he was wrong he still refused to acknowledge it. You run into these morons more and more in this world unfortunately.
Do it for Chuck
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1264 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:44 pm

https://tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength
For those into schedule watching, the Bucks have a tough run the rest of the season. By far the toughest schedule unless we get some help.
Good news:
Brooklyn has a pretty tough schedule and will probably struggle at home if they don't cave. Hopefully we pass them

Indifferent:
Sixers have a good balance of games

Bad news:
Cleveland has a super easy schedule with 5 games vs Pistons/Magic. They could seriously be the 2 seed.
Chicago has a relatively easy schedule (On the bright side, we play them 4 times so we control our destiny)
Heat has a middle of road schedule, but play Brooklyn a few times while KD is out so it weakens it a bit

ETA: or you could just look at the BR projections- Cavs 1 seed, Bucks 5 seed.(obviously doesn't factor in KDs/Lavine's injury, etc)
https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.html
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,390

Post#1265 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:43 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#1266 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:03 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Denver gives up a 2nd round pick to move 2 injured players off their roster.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 270

Post#1267 » by Reddeye » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:29 am

Wonka wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: the Brooklyn board is going to implode

Didn't Kyrie jump sideways on shot he got injured on?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#1268 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:47 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Denver gives up a 2nd round pick to move 2 injured players off their roster.

Alternative headline, Denver gives up second rounder for Bryn Forbes.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1269 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:40 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:That dunk on Gobert last night. :o The reverse angle at the :55 mark is even more impressive.

Offensive foul but really impressive nonetheless.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1270 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:24 pm

buckboy wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:That dunk on Gobert last night. :o The reverse angle at the :55 mark is even more impressive.

Typical Russ... makes a great play only to give up a free point to the Jazz.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#1271 » by TroyD92 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:26 pm

Russ making a highlight and doing something dumb to cost his team in unison. Classic Russ!
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1272 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:32 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Typical Russ... makes a great play only to give up a free point to the Jazz.

Lol yep
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#1273 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:34 pm

Many Bucks fans have complained of the big market ESPN bias over the years, of course true to a degree. But the last 7-10 day coverage of Memphis sure seems to run counter to it. Them and Ja are pretty much all they've talked about lately. It's nonstop. Really all that's on that channel right now is NFL and Memphis/JA.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1274 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:45 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Many Bucks fans have complained of the big market ESPN bias over the years, of course true to a degree. But the last 7-10 day coverage of Memphis sure seems to run counter to it. Them and Ja are pretty much all they've talked about lately. It's nonstop. Really all that's on that channel right now is NFL and Memphis/JA.

Maybe I dont watch enough ESPN but dont feel it is carrying over to the casual fan. If this was LA or NY, there is no doubt this game tonight would be more hyped. I think they are running with a story while its hot, but the true bias is sticking with them when they aren't the hottest team in the league. Bucks crush Warriors and the story isn't the win, but the Warriors loss.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#1275 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Wonder if this will change the asking price. Bigs with feet issues scare me.

Maybe this is why we see the wiretap article about them talking with the Kings about a Sabonis for Fox deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,677

Post#1276 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:02 pm

The Lakers suck, the other LA team is irrelevant, the Nets are in shambles with KD hurt, and Steph has cooled off so much that even ESPN can't keep hyping him up as the MVP "front-runner". So there's your reason why the Grizz are getting so much national pub. They're almost forced at this point to talk about Memphis, Phoenix, Utah, Milwaukee, and Denver because that's where the best players and teams are. And make no mistake, they absolutely hate it.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1277 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:26 pm

Haven't most ESPN/TNT/NBATV people been consistently picking us to win the East this year?

Also "Milwaukee" and "best teams" do not belong in the same sentence right now, unless "is not one of the" separates the two.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#1278 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:32 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The Lakers suck, the other LA team is irrelevant, the Nets are in shambles with KD hurt, and Steph has cooled off so much that even ESPN can't keep hyping him up as the MVP "front-runner". So there's your reason why the Grizz are getting so much national pub. They're almost forced at this point to talk about Memphis, Phoenix, Utah, Milwaukee, and Denver because that's where the best players and teams are. And make no mistake, they absolutely hate it.

Watching your mainstream media suffer through a PHO-MIL Finals was one of the glorious moments of last year.
It took them 3 milliseconds after Game 6 to change the discussion back to Lebron's dinner plans.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1279 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The Lakers suck, the other LA team is irrelevant, the Nets are in shambles with KD hurt, and Steph has cooled off so much that even ESPN can't keep hyping him up as the MVP "front-runner". So there's your reason why the Grizz are getting so much national pub. They're almost forced at this point to talk about Memphis, Phoenix, Utah, Milwaukee, and Denver because that's where the best players and teams are. And make no mistake, they absolutely hate it.
Plus Utah and Phoenix are good in a methodical way that appeals to the basketball nerds but doesn't have the excitement of a guy like Ja.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#1280 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:06 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Plus Utah and Phoenix are good in a methodical way that appeals to the basketball nerds but doesn't have the excitement of a guy like Ja.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Yep. Ja is an electrifying player. And now his team is approaching contender status. Pelicans have to be frustrated with where they sit with Zion at the moment.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks