Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Re: PG Pistons: Bucks Roll to 5th Straight 

Post#41 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:34 pm

drone3 wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:Hill has really been finding his flow again after looking washed to start the season.

Hood has looked less broken as well
Hood is going to get cut. Keeps missing wide open shots. His legs look heavy.

He won't get cut, but we'll have to pay someone to take his contract. He continues to look like Korver on his worst day.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#42 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:38 pm

jimmybones wrote:
Prez wrote:Giannis/Khris/Jrue are +29.2 net rating in 87 no scrub minutes. Zach Lowe mentioned it in his most recent pod at the beginning, but this team will go on a stupid run at some point when they get one or two more pieces (Brook and/or Donte) back and we’re only playing our real rotation guys.

This new starting lineup is already rolling teams. The spacing is kinda nuts between Grayson/Khris/Bobby, and all 5 guys have some level of shot creation skill. Actually think we should consider Brook off the bench when he returns. Bobby works well with Giannis but can’t really anchor bench units as the sole big, whereas Brook can, his size/defense/rebounding is much needed in the no Giannis minutes. But Bobby gets to kill teams working off the big 3.

I like this. Would like it even more if they ran some offense through Brook in the post with a second unit.

Pat, DDV, Hill and Brook round out a really nice 9 man rotation. Really hoping to see us at full strength before the playoffs

It doesn't it even to be in the post. Just letting him be part of pick and rolls would be productive for him.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#43 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:42 pm

Now that the team is getting comfortable with defensive rotations, the rebounding is good, and this system is a better fit for Bobby than the drop.

If we add something, I'd rather add a long, athletic defensive 4 than a traditional 5. An athletic 4 will be more useful next to Bobby, and in the playoffs, especially against Brooklyn, or only competition in the East. Need to find the next Jarred Vanderbilt.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Post#44 » by emunney » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Bobby is so good at finishing plays that *when he's with Giannis* I think he's as good or better than Brook. Post-Brook I think they're the starters and we get a rim-runner/defender and PnR PG to come off the bench. But that could be so far off that everything will be different by then.

When I do these long term planning exercises, I always think about how long we plotted to put an enforcer type next to Bogut only for Bogut to become that player and leave us with a scoring deficit. Always remind yourself of how quickly things can change in this league.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#45 » by blazza18 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:01 pm

Prez wrote:Also, Giannis is DPOY. +15.9 points per 100 better on D with Giannis on court. Holding opponents to 45.7% FG at the rim, 14.6% below the average FG%. Over our last 10 we are 4th defensively with no defensive center outside of Giannis.

The smart cats know it's between him and Draymond.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#46 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:57 am

emunney wrote:Bobby is so good at finishing plays that *when he's with Giannis* I think he's as good or better than Brook. Post-Brook I think they're the starters and we get a rim-runner/defender and PnR PG to come off the bench. But that could be so far off that everything will be different by then.

When I do these long term planning exercises, I always think about how long we plotted to put an enforcer type next to Bogut only for Bogut to become that player and leave us with a scoring deficit. Always remind yourself of how quickly things can change in this league.

Think the guy that replaces Brook isn’t in the league yet. And we’re going to have to get lucky with this years first to get him.

Speaking for myself, one reason the board posting activity is down is because we just don’t have many future trade assets. You can only conjure up so much with “Nwora plus Hood” type parameters.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#47 » by drone3 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:Bobby is so good at finishing plays that *when he's with Giannis* I think he's as good or better than Brook. Post-Brook I think they're the starters and we get a rim-runner/defender and PnR PG to come off the bench. But that could be so far off that everything will be different by then.

Think the guy that replaces Brook isn’t in the league yet. And we’re going to have to get lucky with this years first to get him.

Speaking for myself, one reason the board posting activity is down is because we just don’t have many future trade assets. You can only conjure up so much with “Nwora plus Hood” type parameters.
The reality is it's much easier to find a stretch 4 than a stretch 5, so Gianiss at the 5 is inevitable.

If we are worried about Gianiss getting injured at the 5 waiting for the draft is to far away.

Still think they should be developing an unpolished talent like Cheick Diallo with the empty roster spot. If it doesn't work out target the draft.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#48 » by DrWood » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:25 am

No one mentioned Nwora's 0 shots in 16 minutes. I wonder what the people who thought he shot too infrequently when he attempted 13 shots in 26 minutes think now.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#49 » by LuessiT » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:54 am

drone3 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

The reality is it's much easier to find a stretch 4 than a stretch 5, so Gianiss at the 5 is inevitable.

If we are worried about Gianiss getting injured at the 5 waiting for the draft is to far away.

Still think they should be developing an unpolished talent like Cheick Diallo with the empty roster spot. If it doesn't work out target the draft.

Don't summon me like that...

For the Cheick Diallo folklore, he's currently in the G-League bullying young aspiring players, with a moderate FG% of 77. Straight up don't understand how he can't get a roster spot in the NBA unless there's some issues I don't know about. Still only 25 years old.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks