ImageImage

PG: Depleted Bucks Pound Depleted Heat

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Re: PG: Depleted Bucks Pound Depleted Heat 

Post#41 » by randy84 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:48 am

In PJ's defense, I think the weight of his new ring threw off his game.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,495

Post#42 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 5:08 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
randy84 wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:Good win, it’s started with Khris and Jrue. Bobby and Pat had big scoring games and on the boards. Boogie, mamu and Wes bolstered the depleted bench.

Another thing to watch with boogie other than his passing is his ability to get to the line. Its almost only Giannis with a little Middleton sprinkled in when getting to the line. If boogie could get there 3-5 time a game it would be pretty huge for the offense.

I really wonder what they do with boogie, some people here are already looking towards the playoffs with him but as good as he’s been on the court, he’s fighting an uphill battle just based off the contract and roster situation. If he keeps this up it’s going to be hard justifying releasing him, but missing out on buyout guys and depending on him staying healthy is something to consider too.

Why would they release Boogie?

Because of posters preconceived notions that obviously would never be wrong.

?? I could give a **** if I’m wrong, I say whatever’s on my mind on here and a lot of it is wrong :lol: I didn’t even say he will be cut so idk why that bothered you.

Anyway he’s on a non-guaranteed and they did that for a reason even knowing that Brook is done for a while if not for good. I clearly stated in my post that he’s been really good and can still be let go for reasons that he can’t control.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#43 » by skones » Sun Dec 5, 2021 5:13 am

Milbucks96 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
randy84 wrote:Why would they release Boogie?

Because of posters preconceived notions that obviously would never be wrong.

?? I could give a **** if I’m wrong, I say whatever’s on my mind on here and a lot of it is wrong I didn’t even say he will be cut so idk why that bothered you.

Anyway he’s on a non-guaranteed and they did that for a reason even knowing that Brook is done for a while if not for good. I clearly stated in my post that he’s been really good and can still be let go for reasons that he can’t control.
NG'd doesn't mean anything more than being able to waive him without penalty should he be unable to stay healthy. We covered our ass. If he stays healthy, he won't be waived. It's really that simple.

We just picked up Matthew's an I expect him to supplant both Semi and Hood. Those will be the guys to waive should a buyout candidate present itself.
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#44 » by Big Dog Yank » Sun Dec 5, 2021 5:18 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Really gotta hope Cousins can stay healthy for the playoffs, because Brook isn't coming back. Bud should definitely keep his work load on the lighter side going forward.

Is this your assumption or do you have inside knowledge that he's for sure not coming back this season?
"Ready to Die"
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,588

Post#45 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Dec 5, 2021 5:18 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Really gotta hope Cousins can stay healthy for the playoffs, because Brook isn't coming back. Bud should definitely keep his work load on the lighter side going forward.

If Brook isn't coming back, he'll be traded, and we'll have a different player on our roster.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,495

Post#46 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 6:09 am

skones wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Because of posters preconceived notions that obviously would never be wrong.

?? I could give a **** if I’m wrong, I say whatever’s on my mind on here and a lot of it is wrong I didn’t even say he will be cut so idk why that bothered you.

NG'd doesn't mean anything more than being able to waive him without penalty should he be unable to stay healthy. We covered our ass. If he stays healthy, he won't be waived. It's really that simple.

We just picked up Matthew's an I expect him to supplant both Semi and Hood. Those will be the guys to waive should a buyout candidate present itself.

I looked at the ng as using him til semi gets healthy (I would 100% rather have boogie over semi of course) and releasing him before the January 7th deadline for money purposes. More of a bandaid while the team gets healthy.

Whatever the reasoning for the type of contract, they have to make a decision when that deadline comes. As I said in the first post, his play these two games makes it a harder decision. I would rather have boogie than hood and semi if he’s playing like this of course, but these decisions are made with money in mind now more than ever.

Hood and semi are fully guaranteed as far as I know so it could come down to the owners not wanting to pay for those two, boogie and then the buyout guy. Idk much about the tax and all that but I’m sure that could get pretty expensive fast. This, health, and defense are all things they’re watching.

All I’m saying is that his roster spot isn’t guaranteed, literally, but his play these past two games has made it more interesting to see how they move forward.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#47 » by drone3 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 6:59 am

Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#48 » by Packbuckman » Sun Dec 5, 2021 7:00 am

Milbucks96 wrote:
skones wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:?? I could give a **** if I’m wrong, I say whatever’s on my mind on here and a lot of it is wrong I didn’t even say he will be cut so idk why that bothered you.

I looked at the ng as using him til semi gets healthy (I would 100% rather have boogie over semi of course) and releasing him before the January 7th deadline for money purposes. More of a bandaid while the team gets healthy.

Whatever the reasoning for the type of contract, they have to make a decision when that deadline comes. As I said in the first post, his play these two games makes it a harder decision. I would rather have boogie than hood and semi if he’s playing like this of course, but these decisions are made with money in mind now more than ever.

Hood and semi are fully guaranteed as far as I know so it could come down to the owners not wanting to pay for those two, boogie and then the buyout guy. Idk much about the tax and all that but I’m sure that could get pretty expensive fast. This, health, and defense are all things they’re watching.

All I’m saying is that his roster spot isn’t guaranteed, literally, but his play these past two games has made it more interesting to see how they move forward.

Boogie is not going anywhere he gives us size great passing and free throws from the center spot. Thanasis has played better than both semi and hood.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#49 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 5, 2021 7:50 am

Wow.

John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,111

Post#50 » by FrieAaron » Sun Dec 5, 2021 7:57 am

Prez wrote:Heat are a bunch of punks. Love PJ but the Bucks are still tough as nails without him.

If we had our full roster (including Brook and Donte) this is the best team in the league and easily the best team of the Giannis era. It’s kind of insane they’re just 1.5 games out of 1st with the amount of injuries and other absences they’ve had. Really really wish we have all our guys when it matters.

Man, to have the record we do when we have been missing 2-4 of last years starters on a championship caliber team in every single game this season. I know Donte will be a bench player on this squad, but it's still crazy how much quality we have been missing in every game this season.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#51 » by PANDEMONEUM » Sun Dec 5, 2021 9:28 am

went to the game vs the Heat.
they are all punk bioytches.
Lowry is the ultimate, creating BS contact and getting away with it.
on top of just always complaining over everything.
Dedmon foul bumping midds.
Hero checking Portis in mid air.
Vincent? kicking up at Thanasis.

great for Sandro Mamu...
to get his first nba start.
and he played well in his mins.
didnt rush, and wasnt caught running at shooters or getting blown by.

Smart also was good, and played very reserved, trying not to make mistakes or turnovers.
which is what a 2way guy is supposed to do in his first game.
1 bad 3p shot, 1 bad pass with no room. other than those 2 he looked solid.

most of the time, we broke their zone defense with ease.
just gotta make sure we have a baseline guy, instead of 2 guys just standing in the corners waiting.

wire to wire lead and win.
was very satisfying.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#52 » by DutchManDanFan » Sun Dec 5, 2021 9:37 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Wow.

I would wave that Kalaitzakis guy.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#53 » by drone3 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 10:15 am

Really like what Smart brings as a 2w. Much better than Robinson. His D and playmaking are right there, hit a few more 3s and he can take over G.Hills spot as he ages.

Having Wes and Jrue defending at the same time is wild, these 2 are going to cause havoc.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#54 » by brettski » Sun Dec 5, 2021 10:19 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:

I would wave that Kalaitzakis guy.

Seconded
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#55 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Dec 5, 2021 11:18 am

Amazing how good is Boogie considering all the injuries
But he kept his weight down and he moves well, and he looks like he wants to make the right plays and win rather than grabbing a few stats for himself. Which would be understandable considering how much he will need good numbers in the summer.

If he stays healthy I reckon we should give him all the minutes he can handle.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,650

Post#56 » by TroyD92 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 12:57 pm

Smart looks like a keeper.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#57 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:04 pm

Seeing as how bad Cousins +/- was on the Clippers, I can only assume that with a complete lack of context he has returned to being the best player on the planet?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#58 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:05 pm

Lowry looking like a $30 million per year bargain
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#59 » by LuessiT » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:27 pm

Jez2983 wrote:

Seeing as how bad Cousins +/- was on the Clippers, I can only assume that with a complete lack of context he has returned to being the best player on the planet?

It's only 2 games and both were blowouts, he's played in lineups exclusive with Giannis or great spacing where his inside game plus passing are on full display along with very sound perimeter defense. He's been impressive, but the Bucks as constructed are kind of the perfect landing spot for him.
For all his upside Brook is kind of a ball stopper on offense. With Cousins (or any good passing big for that matter), Allen, Donte once he returns and the passing improvement of Bobby we can field players that can shoot, attack closeouts and make plays for others for 48 minutes. That will be real nice and should elevate everyones games.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#60 » by LuessiT » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:46 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Smart looks like a keeper.

He's got a much better chance than Robinson for sure just due to his physical profile. If you're a small guard, you better be elite at something/really good at multiple things or you don't have a place in the NBA. Smart at least has the size to guard multiple positions and can shoot the 3. That should be enough to be thrown into random lineups in emergency situations (which is basicly what a 2-way is for). You don't want to bring in your 16th or 17th best player to actually run an offense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks