PG: Bucks Outlast Cavs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Re: PG: Bucks Outlast Cavs 

Post#41 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 7:12 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Good, solid win. But even I was surprised as the crowd sat in a dazed silence on Middleton's and Giannis' buzzer-beaters to end the 1st and 3rd quarters. :roll:

*insert beating a dead horse GIF here* :roll:

Like the same, ongoing complaining of everything else here? Or people whining about my opinion of the crowd?

And you could've actually added the horse GIF. Lazy just like the Fiserv crowd. :D
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#42 » by old skool » Tue Dec 7, 2021 7:13 am

greekbuck34 wrote:Giannis + Khris + Jrue at 11-0 now.

11? Actually Giannis, Khris & Jrue have won 15 straight games when playing together.

The last game they lost when playing together was July 8.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#43 » by skones » Tue Dec 7, 2021 8:07 am

Not a great showing by Boogie, first game you could see that he's behind the 8 ball in our scheme. He's playing home, just has to anticipate those vertical lobs.

Where the panace crowd at? 16-9 while trotting out straight ass lineups for half the year. Really fun to see Hill and Wes back like, "you deserve one too, so lets repeat."
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#44 » by DrWood » Tue Dec 7, 2021 9:19 am

old skool wrote:
DrWood wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Cavs on a b2b competed well but don't think we were ever not in control of the game. Sloppy at times but closed it out well enough. Do think Cleveland will be a problem very soon

Cleveland was only down 1 with 9 minutes to play. They were only down 2, with the ball, with 6:15 to play. That doesn't seem like the Bucks were in control.
The Bucks weren't taking this game seriously. Four end of bench players (Cousins, Hood, Mathews, Smart) logged over 80 minutes. In the 4th quarter, Budenholzer turned the game over to his stars. Giannis, Middleton and Holiday scored pretty much at will in the 4th, scoring all 24 Bucks points on 9 of 14 shooting.

Yes, Cleveland could have won with a string of made 3 pointers. That seemed to be a risk the Bucks were willing to take. Kind of the cost of attempting to repeat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Cousins is certainly not "end of bench." Hood and Mathews might be 9th and 10th guys.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,524

Post#45 » by drone3 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 9:37 am

Hood is basically Snell without a shot
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#46 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Dec 7, 2021 10:25 am

DrWood wrote:
old skool wrote:
DrWood wrote:Cleveland was only down 1 with 9 minutes to play. They were only down 2, with the ball, with 6:15 to play. That doesn't seem like the Bucks were in control.
The Bucks weren't taking this game seriously. Four end of bench players (Cousins, Hood, Mathews, Smart) logged over 80 minutes. In the 4th quarter, Budenholzer turned the game over to his stars. Giannis, Middleton and Holiday scored pretty much at will in the 4th, scoring all 24 Bucks points on 9 of 14 shooting.

Yes, Cleveland could have won with a string of made 3 pointers. That seemed to be a risk the Bucks were willing to take. Kind of the cost of attempting to repeat.

Cousins is certainly not "end of bench." Hood and Mathews might be 9th and 10th guys.

Cousins struggled to the point that Buds pulled him in the 3rd quarter and went with a Giannis at center lineup. He played just 1 minute in the 4th and was pulled again. This was a game where his size was needed, but he couldn't keep up.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,777

Post#47 » by Ayt » Tue Dec 7, 2021 10:46 am

old skool wrote:
DrWood wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Cavs on a b2b competed well but don't think we were ever not in control of the game. Sloppy at times but closed it out well enough. Do think Cleveland will be a problem very soon

Cleveland was only down 1 with 9 minutes to play. They were only down 2, with the ball, with 6:15 to play. That doesn't seem like the Bucks were in control.

Khris played 36 minutes and Jrue played 37. Cousins, Hood, Matthews, and Smart played 56 minutes, not over 80, and I wouldn't call them all "end of the bench players" at this point.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#48 » by LuessiT » Tue Dec 7, 2021 11:14 am

drone3 wrote:Hood is basically Snell without a shot

Snell was more useful. Hood is far more skilled in some areas but he still doesn't meet the threshold for these to make efficient use in an NBA game.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#49 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:06 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Cousins struggled to the point that Buds pulled him in the 3rd quarter and went with a Giannis at center lineup. He played just 1 minute in the 4th and was pulled again. This was a game where his size was needed, but he couldn't keep up.

First game he was 13 of 15 minutes on the court with Giannis. This game only 2 of 18 minutes.
In the 4th he came in with the score 96-98 and when he was pulled it was 96-103.

I want to see him in the Brook roll, playing with Giannis most of the time. Or without Giannis, but against tall scrubs. Neither was the case yesterday. Don't search for nails in low water (Dutch saying... :wink: ).
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#50 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:14 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Cousins struggled to the point that Buds pulled him in the 3rd quarter and went with a Giannis at center lineup. He played just 1 minute in the 4th and was pulled again. This was a game where his size was needed, but he couldn't keep up.

First game he was 13 of 15 minutes on the court with Giannis. This game only 2 of 18 minutes.
In the 4th he came in with the score 96-98 and when he was pulled it was 96-103.

I want to see him in the Brook roll, playing with Giannis most of the time. Or without Giannis, but against tall scrubs. Neither was the case yesterday. Don't search for nails in low water (Dutch saying... :wink: ).

Portis is a perfect fit with Giannis, he provides the best spacing.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,786

Post#51 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:27 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:

"Being pulled for struggling" in third is also just such a straight up made up narrative. Literally played his longest stretch as a Buck while our best player sat the entire time and came out with two other dudes after the perimeter defense broke down and gave up three straight threes. Obviously it wasn't a great game for him but you really ain't gotta embellish it to try to paint that picture. Just point out how he got burnt in the first quarter and move on.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#52 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:39 pm

DrWood wrote:
old skool wrote:
DrWood wrote:Cleveland was only down 1 with 9 minutes to play. They were only down 2, with the ball, with 6:15 to play. That doesn't seem like the Bucks were in control.

cousins is on a nongauranteed deal and right now this minute has one foot out of the league. what do you mean cousins isnt end of the bench?

hood and matthews may be better than end of the bench guys at some point this season but wes at least up until recently couldnt even find a bench.

weird points to argue with old skool. we toyed with the cavs last night. never felt concerned the game wasnt ours as i watched however
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#53 » by jschligs » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:44 pm

I thought Cousins was pretty average. A few nice, aggressive takes to the hoop, a few boneheaded misreads on where he was supposed to be offensively, his regular fouls, his slow defense, and his shot wasn't falling from deep. That's about all I expected.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,664

Post#54 » by TroyD92 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:48 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
DrWood wrote:
old skool wrote:The Bucks weren't taking this game seriously. Four end of bench players (Cousins, Hood, Mathews, Smart) logged over 80 minutes. In the 4th quarter, Budenholzer turned the game over to his stars. Giannis, Middleton and Holiday scored pretty much at will in the 4th, scoring all 24 Bucks points on 9 of 14 shooting.

cousins is on a nongauranteed deal and right now this minute has one foot out of the league. what do you mean cousins isnt end of the bench?

hood and matthews may be better than end of the bench guys at some point this season but wes at least up until recently couldnt even find a bench.

weird points to argue with old skool. we toyed with the cavs last night. never felt concerned the game wasnt ours as i watched however

Cousins is the primary backup big. He's not an end of the bench player at all.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#55 » by leroyjw10 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:02 pm

drone3 wrote:Hood is basically Snell without a shot

This is pretty spot on. Dude is just taking up space. And while Wes is still feisty on defense, he looks awful on offense so far, which has been the case for three years running now.

Can't wait for Donte to get back so Hood and Wes can ride the pine.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#56 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:13 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
DrWood wrote:Cousins is certainly not "end of bench." Hood and Mathews might be 9th and 10th guys.

i understand why the board is really excited to have cousins but it remains to be seen if hes still an nba basketball player

personally i feel hes too immobile to play effectively. defensively and in space its been hard to keep my eyes on him. god forbid a pass is a foot to the right or left he wont make it there.

he has been a nice finisher when he gets a running start against other backups and hes been quick to pass...... but that doesnt make him anything. hes on a non gauranteed contract and is thankful to have this one last oppurtunity with us. as fans we shouldnt get it wrong what is going on. its still a tryout happening out there
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#57 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:25 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:
old skool wrote:The Bucks weren't taking this game seriously. Four end of bench players (Cousins, Hood, Mathews, Smart) logged over 80 minutes. In the 4th quarter, Budenholzer turned the game over to his stars. Giannis, Middleton and Holiday scored pretty much at will in the 4th, scoring all 24 Bucks points on 9 of 14 shooting.

Cousins struggled to the point that Buds pulled him in the 3rd quarter and went with a Giannis at center lineup. He played just 1 minute in the 4th and was pulled again. This was a game where his size was needed, but he couldn't keep up.

No idea if caught on TV, but at one point Bud was screaming across court to cousins to move to a different spot. Didn't seem overly pissed but you can tell Cousins gets lost sometimes. Fine now, but if this was a playoff game I would see us going small with someone he trusts versus playing cousins.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#58 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:28 pm

Ayt wrote:
Khris played 36 minutes and Jrue played 37. Cousins, Hood, Matthews, and Smart played 56 minutes, not over 80, and I wouldn't call them all "end of the bench players" at this point.

When healthy those 4 are probably spots 10-13. Might not be end of bench but probably not playing in a playoff game.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,733

Post#59 » by emunney » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:39 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

i understand why the board is really excited to have cousins but it remains to be seen if hes still an nba basketball player

personally i feel hes too immobile to play effectively. defensively and in space its been hard to keep my eyes on him. god forbid a pass is a foot to the right or left he wont make it there.

he has been a nice finisher when he gets a running start against other backups and hes been quick to pass...... but that doesnt make him anything. hes on a non gauranteed contract and is thankful to have this one last oppurtunity with us. as fans we shouldnt get it wrong what is going on. its still a tryout happening out there

The thing about Cousins is we really need him right now, he's got to be out there, so in this context, it's not accurate to cite his playing as evidence we didn't take this game seriously. He's not an end of the bench player right now. He's in the normal rotation unless/until we find someone better.

I think he's played well overall although he's totally ground bound and hasn't really made the appropriate adjustments yet. He's still playing as if he's going to contest vertically, and he needs to be focused on study and beating the offense to spots. We're not really going to find out if he's up to that task unless he's still playing for us come playoffs since there isn't much detail in the advance scouting players get during the regular season.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#60 » by raferfenix » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:41 pm

I'm hopeful the Boogie snags are solveable as he gets into better shape and learns our system.

You can't teach :lift:

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks