ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HurricaneKid
General Manager
Posts: 7,867
And1: 4,846
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: Sconnie Nation
 

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#581 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:20 am

BroncoBuck wrote:Donte for DFS straight up.

DFS is older and is a more consistent 4/3 while Donte is younger and more of a 2/3. Both players are on expiring deals.

I think DFS is a really good fit for this Bucks team, especially when Bobby and Giannis have to play minutes at the 5.
I don't know why anyone thinks Dal would trade him. DFS was definitively their 2nd best player in the playoffs last year. Then again, if they aren't going to resign him... they do need some guys like DDV.

Still don't think there is any way.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
drdrG
Senior
Posts: 522
And1: 287
Joined: Jun 27, 2020
Location: SF
   

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#582 » by drdrG » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 am

BUCKnation wrote:Yeah, Jrue's athleticism is hard to quantify. Clearly very athletic, but more of a below the rim, im stronger than you, bully (as described earlier) kind of athleticism. That should generally age better than someone relying on quickness, especially if his improved shooting continues.


He's athletic in that he's more controlled and smoother than almost everyone out there. It's noticeable that he moves differently than the rest when watching in person. It's different but in a similar way Giannis moves differently at his size and it's easiest to appreciate up close
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,082
And1: 2,268
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Voorschoten
 

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#583 » by DutchManDanFan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:45 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:I would put big money on at least one if not both of Jrue and Khris being gone in 2 seasons. Championship cores don’t usually stay together long unless ownership is willing to keep it together.

How much money? I’ll take it.
Khris and Jrue are like Manu and Parker. They’ll stay as long as Giannis is here.
Their contracts are only Interesting for contenders. But the Bucks won’t get better players from other contenders. Young teams have no need for them unless they are very close to competing. But then again, what is the return?
Only reason to trade one of them is if one wants to be traded. Or you get an offer you can’t refuse (Dame or Seph forcing a trade to the Bucks). It’s not going to happen.
So, how much money?
Milbucks96
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,804
And1: 1,012
Joined: Mar 10, 2019
   

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#584 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:54 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:I would put big money on at least one if not both of Jrue and Khris being gone in 2 seasons. Championship cores don’t usually stay together long unless ownership is willing to keep it together.

How much money? I’ll take it.
Khris and Jrue are like Manu and Parker. They’ll stay as long as Giannis is here.
Their contracts are only Interesting for contenders. But the Bucks won’t get better players from other contenders. Young teams have no need for them unless they are very close to competing. But then again, what is the return?
Only reason to trade one of them is if one wants to be traded. Or you get an offer you can’t refuse (Dame or Seph forcing a trade to the Bucks). It’s not going to happen.
So, how much money?

The spurs stayed together as long as they did because they all took major pay cuts, the bucks have the 5th highest payroll and 3 of the highest paid players in the league, all with growing salaries. The spurs highest paid player their last championship was barely in the top 50 and they were in the bottom third in nba payroll. They were never the spenders the bucks are right now, not even close.

This ownership group purposefully weakened a championship level team in 2019 over money, they did it again with PJ over money, and they let go of boogie over somebody like semi 100% because of money. All of those things are chump change compared to what they’re going to be paying in a couple of seasons if they don’t overhaul the roster.

I’m sure betting real money is against some rule on this site so I won’t get into that, but I’ll take any realgm friendly wager on both Khris and Jrue being on this roster in the 23/24 season.

Edit: just checked and Khris actually has a player option for that year which makes things even more interesting. He’s basically a 38million $ expiring next year as he’s 100% opting outta that last year for what will probably be his last multi year contract.
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 20,801
And1: 2,388
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#585 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:54 pm

Khris stepping up to close out games (as opposed to Giannis charging into the wall and / or rolling the dice on free throws) was critical to winning us a championship.

Holiday had a more mixed playoffs offensively but has been way better this year so far.

It stands to reason our big 3 will all be better with added familiarity, and I suspect they won’t play as tight down the stretch now that we have a chip in the books.

Maybe eventually it will be worth breaking up this core. But unless there is a serious injury (and / or a mandate from ownership to slash costs) it should take an exceptional trade package to even consider it.
User avatar
WRau1
RealGM
Posts: 10,690
And1: 3,946
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#586 » by WRau1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:08 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:I would put big money on at least one if not both of Jrue and Khris being gone in 2 seasons. Championship cores don’t usually stay together long unless ownership is willing to keep it together.

How much money? I’ll take it.
Khris and Jrue are like Manu and Parker. They’ll stay as long as Giannis is here.
Their contracts are only Interesting for contenders. But the Bucks won’t get better players from other contenders. Young teams have no need for them unless they are very close to competing. But then again, what is the return?
Only reason to trade one of them is if one wants to be traded. Or you get an offer you can’t refuse (Dame or Seph forcing a trade to the Bucks). It’s not going to happen.
So, how much money?

The spurs stayed together as long as they did because they all took major pay cuts, the bucks have the 5th highest payroll and 3 of the highest paid players in the league, all with growing salaries. The spurs highest paid player their last championship was barely in the top 50 and they were in the bottom third in nba payroll. They were never the spenders the bucks are right now, not even close.

This ownership group purposefully weakened a championship level team in 2019 over money, they did it again with PJ over money, and they let go of boogie over somebody like semi 100% because of money. All of those things are chump change compared to what they’re going to be paying in a couple of seasons if they don’t overhaul the roster.

I’m sure betting real money is against some rule on this site so I won’t get into that, but I’ll take any realgm friendly wager on both Khris and Jrue being on this roster in the 23/24 season.

Edit: just checked and Khris actually has a player option for that year which makes things even more interesting. He’s basically a 38million $ expiring next year as he’s 100% opting outta that last year for what will probably be his last multi year contract.


Those Spurs teams that took discounts were at the end of TD's career, a career that made TD one of the top earnings of any NBA player ever. Manu was also paid like a superstar in 2004. I don't really think that Spurs Era is a good comparison to MIL's current situation.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,082
And1: 2,268
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Voorschoten
 

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#587 » by DutchManDanFan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:Edit: just checked and Khris actually has a player option for that year which makes things even more interesting. He’s basically a 38million $ expiring next year as he’s 100% opting outta that last year for what will probably be his last multi year contract.

I'm not sure he opts out. And if he does he'll have a deal with the Bucks lined up. I can't see another team willing to pay big money for him.
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 18,384
And1: 5,783
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#588 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:09 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:Edit: just checked and Khris actually has a player option for that year which makes things even more interesting. He’s basically a 38million $ expiring next year as he’s 100% opting outta that last year for what will probably be his last multi year contract.

I'm not sure he opts out. And if he does he'll have a deal with the Bucks lined up. I can't see another team willing to pay big money for him.

I dont see it either. He would be 32 making $40.5m. He would have to get something like 4/120 to make it worth it to opt out. Can't imagine teams lining up to give an aging 2* all star that contract.
User avatar
drone3
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,822
And1: 1,827
Joined: Sep 10, 2015

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#589 » by drone3 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:31 pm

If Clippers drop off think we should target Ibaka before the nets do
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,857
And1: 882
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#590 » by giannis and 1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:54 am

MVP2110 wrote:If we get to the playoffs at full health? Whose out of our 8 or 9 man rotation? Assuming the the Big 3 & Brook are locks that would leave Bobby, Hill, Donte, Pat, Grayson, & Wes fighting for 4 or 5 spots. I'm going to be fascinated to see what Bud uses for a playoff rotation

Brook/Portis
Giannis
Middleton/Pat
DDV/Allen/Wes
Jrue/Hill

Fully healthy, we might be able to run a 10 man rotation.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 14,997
And1: 6,346
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#591 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:04 am

drone3 wrote:If Clippers drop off think we should target Ibaka before the nets do

He’s an all time taint. No thank you.
Do it for Chuck
User avatar
RiotPunch
RealGM
Posts: 20,535
And1: 9,018
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: LA
     

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#592 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:06 am

drone3 wrote:If Clippers drop off think we should target Ibaka before the nets do

Who would you trade?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
User avatar
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 20,977
And1: 12,498
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
     

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#593 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:07 am

I hope we do something to get another big. I don't think I can stomach this team only having the option to play small if Brook can't make it back. And even if he can... how much can we actually rely on an older 7' footer coming off back surgery?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,857
And1: 882
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#594 » by giannis and 1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:09 am

LuessiT wrote:Still feel like we should check the market regarding consolidating Donte and Brook into one player. I could see a couple really good players on meh contracts hitting the market.

I'd rather consolidate DDV+Nwora. Potentially adding Brook's rim protection in the playoffs would be a huge boon.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 46,897
And1: 21,257
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#595 » by blazza18 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:34 am

Matches Malone wrote:I hope we do something to get another big. I don't think I can stomach this team only having the option to play small if Brook can't make it back. And even if he can... how much can we actually rely on an older 7' footer coming off back surgery?


A big would be helpful but I think upgrading a spot for us to play small better would be handier come playoff time. After playing Toronto it quite noticeable how much smaller/slower our wings are compared to theirs (I think a team like Boston shows this out too).
#FreeChuckDiesel

trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 17,598
And1: 7,155
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#596 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:47 am

Harrison Barnes would be nice
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
RiotPunch
RealGM
Posts: 20,535
And1: 9,018
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: LA
     

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#597 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Still feel like we should check the market regarding consolidating Donte and Brook into one player. I could see a couple really good players on meh contracts hitting the market.

I'd rather consolidate DDV+Nwora. Potentially adding Brook's rim protection in the playoffs would be a huge boon.

Where does $6.1M get you though?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,381
And1: 27,514
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#598 » by emunney » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:33 am

RiotPunch wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Still feel like we should check the market regarding consolidating Donte and Brook into one player. I could see a couple really good players on meh contracts hitting the market.

I'd rather consolidate DDV+Nwora. Potentially adding Brook's rim protection in the playoffs would be a huge boon.

Where does $6.1M get you though?


It's more like 7.8. Bamba would fit. My guess: Justin Holiday. We get a 2nd back too, replace the one we forfeited for NOT signing Bogdanovic.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
User avatar
RiotPunch
RealGM
Posts: 20,535
And1: 9,018
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: LA
     

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#599 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:02 am

emunney wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:I'd rather consolidate DDV+Nwora. Potentially adding Brook's rim protection in the playoffs would be a huge boon.

Where does $6.1M get you though?


It's more like 7.8. Bamba would fit. My guess: Justin Holiday. We get a 2nd back too, replace the one we forfeited for NOT signing Bogdanovic.

Yeah, Holiday via trade and RoLo via buyout feels like destiny. Gotta out brothers Tony Brothers.

Bamba still feels like a pipedream, last thing they need is another guard on the cusp of a payday.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 17,598
And1: 7,155
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Wigginton signed to two-way, Smart waived 

Post#600 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:13 am

RiotPunch wrote:
emunney wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Where does $6.1M get you though?


It's more like 7.8. Bamba would fit. My guess: Justin Holiday. We get a 2nd back too, replace the one we forfeited for NOT signing Bogdanovic.

Yeah, Holiday via trade and RoLo via buyout feels like destiny. Gotta out brothers Tony Brothers.

Bamba still feels like a pipedream, last thing they need is another guard on the cusp of a payday.


You think Donte is getting paid? lol
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks