DrWood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,893

Re: PG: Depleted Bucks run out of gas 

Post#41 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 6, 2022 10:23 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

You are correct, their defensive rating with him on the floor was off the charts bad.

his Drtg was 102 (best on team) dbpm was 0.9 (only Giannis was higher (excluding delaurier). His on/off was +6.1 (only 3 players on team who were better and played more minutes than him).

Give me your arcane stat that shows me he was off the charts bad. Or admit you lied.

No, your just using an inaccurate source, that's the bball reference rating, not what the opponent actually did. The correct number is 112.

I don't know where you got 112. NBA.com has him 109.

And either you're being disingenuous or ignorant when you say "inaccurate source;" they use different formulas, one's not making **** up.
DrWood
Lead Assistant

Post#42 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 6, 2022 10:26 pm

rilamann wrote:
drone3 wrote:
rilamann wrote:Not going to win many games when you have to play Mamu 20+ minutes. He tries hard, and gives you a couple hustle plays, but he sucks.
I actually thought we were better with Mamu on the court. He struggles getting to the rim but he was fine otherwise

Mamu was on the court for a big chunk of that 3rd quarter when we scored 11 points and he was a big reason why we only scored 11 points in the 3rd quarter. He's incredibly soft and timid when he has the ball around the basket and he can't consistently knock down an open jumper.

Offensively, Mamu makes the game harder for everyone who is on the court with him. He doesn't really do anything on defense that stands out. I get it, he's the classic white guy who tries hard and he might give you a couple hustle plays, so people are going to like him and overrate him, but he's a scrub.

he can pass and he's not an idiot. ****, they used PJ in the playoffs and his only skill was not doing stupid **** frequently.
ShootingtheJ
Analyst
And1: 2,127

Post#43 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:05 am

DrWood wrote:
rilamann wrote:
drone3 wrote:I actually thought we were better with Mamu on the court. He struggles getting to the rim but he was fine otherwise

Mamu was on the court for a big chunk of that 3rd quarter when we scored 11 points and he was a big reason why we only scored 11 points in the 3rd quarter. He's incredibly soft and timid when he has the ball around the basket and he can't consistently knock down an open jumper.

Offensively, Mamu makes the game harder for everyone who is on the court with him. He doesn't really do anything on defense that stands out. I get it, he's the classic white guy who tries hard and he might give you a couple hustle plays, so people are going to like him and overrate him, but he's a scrub.

he can pass and he's not an idiot. ****, they used PJ in the playoffs and his only skill was not doing stupid **** frequently.

Plus, Mamu is shooting 40% from 3 in NBA games and 54% from 3 in G League games.
ShootingtheJ
Analyst
And1: 2,127

Post#44 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:09 am

DrWood wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:his Drtg was 102 (best on team) dbpm was 0.9 (only Giannis was higher (excluding delaurier). His on/off was +6.1 (only 3 players on team who were better and played more minutes than him).

Give me your arcane stat that shows me he was off the charts bad. Or admit you lied.

No, your just using an inaccurate source, that's the bball reference rating, not what the opponent actually did. The correct number is 112.

And either you're being disingenuous or ignorant when you say "inaccurate source;" they use different formulas, one's not making **** up.

If ones formula is 7 to 10 points off, it's an inaccurate source. They'd probably be closer if they did just make it up. Also, don't throw out the name calling when you're the one who used the source with inaccurate methodology, that doesn't really add to the discussion.
DrWood
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by DrWood » Fri Jan 7, 2022 10:46 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Plus, Mamu is shooting 40% from 3 in NBA games and 54% from 3 in G League games.

that's great, but I'd expect some regression to the mean from those small-sample results.
DrWood
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by DrWood » Fri Jan 7, 2022 10:48 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

If ones formula is 7 to 10 points off, it's an inaccurate source. They'd probably be closer if they did just make it up. Also, don't throw out the name calling when you're the one who used the source with inaccurate methodology, that doesn't really add to the discussion.

but your premise is incorrect. so all statements made on the basis of that premise are incorrect or arrived at through faulty reasoning.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks