ImageImage

PG: Depleted Bucks run out of gas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Re: PG: Depleted Bucks run out of gas 

Post#21 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:12 am

The Raptors have such a weird roster. Too bad we didn't have another player or 2 available.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,245

Post#22 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:47 am

Not going to win many games when you have to play Mamu 20+ minutes. He tries hard, and gives you a couple hustle plays, but he sucks.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,719

Post#23 » by emunney » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:54 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Wonder if he had too many missed assignments or analytics were off the chart bad on d. Looked solid the last few games. Maybe a statement that you need to play d?

You are correct, their defensive rating with him on the floor was off the charts bad.

But their offensive rating with him on the floor was off the charts good, right?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#24 » by drone3 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:59 am

rilamann wrote:Not going to win many games when you have to play Mamu 20+ minutes. He tries hard, and gives you a couple hustle plays, but he sucks.
I actually thought we were better with Mamu on the court. He struggles getting to the rim but he was fine otherwise
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#25 » by aboveAverage » Thu Jan 6, 2022 5:32 am

rilamann wrote:Not going to win many games when you have to play Mamu 20+ minutes. He tries hard, and gives you a couple hustle plays, but he sucks.

Same with Nwora.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#26 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Jan 6, 2022 7:23 am

I couldn't believe we were -5.5 when Giannis was sidelined. Never mind everyone else. Tor came in having won their last 3 by 48 against 3 non-tanking teams.

Tonight is the first time I have seen Nwora on the floor and not wanted to throw something at him. Still plenty of flubs but much better and looks like he found a role on the catch and shoot corner 3s.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#27 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Jan 6, 2022 8:42 am

11points in the 3Q
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#28 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:28 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Wonder if he had too many missed assignments or analytics were off the chart bad on d. Looked solid the last few games. Maybe a statement that you need to play d?

You are correct, their defensive rating with him on the floor was off the charts bad.

his Drtg was 102 (best on team) dbpm was 0.9 (only Giannis was higher (excluding delaurier). His on/off was +6.1 (only 3 players on team who were better and played more minutes than him).

Give me your arcane stat that shows me he was off the charts bad. Or admit you lied.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#29 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:33 am

HurricaneKid wrote:Tonight is the first time I have seen Nwora on the floor and not wanted to throw something at him. Still plenty of flubs but much better and looks like he found a role on the catch and shoot corner 3s.

He was 3-9 from 3, or below league average. It's good to manage your expectations, but he has proved nothing except he is a willing shooter.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#30 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:39 pm

DrWood wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

his Drtg was 102 (best on team) dbpm was 0.9 (only Giannis was higher (excluding delaurier). His on/off was +6.1 (only 3 players on team who were better and played more minutes than him).

Give me your arcane stat that shows me he was off the charts bad. Or admit you lied.

No, your just using an inaccurate source, that's the bball reference rating, not what the opponent actually did. The correct number is 112.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#31 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:47 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:I couldn't believe we were -5.5 when Giannis was sidelined. Never mind everyone else. Tor came in having won their last 3 by 48 against 3 non-tanking teams.

Tonight is the first time I have seen Nwora on the floor and not wanted to throw something at him. Still plenty of flubs but much better and looks like he found a role on the catch and shoot corner 3s.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

So you didn't like Nwora in his previous game when he had 23 points on just 11 shots?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#32 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:57 pm

emunney wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

But their offensive rating with him on the floor was off the charts good, right?

The offensive rating was 6.5 points better and the defensive rating was off the charts .8 worse.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,754

Post#33 » by Ayt » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:04 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
DrWood wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

No, your just using an inaccurate source, that's the bball reference rating, not what the opponent actually did. The correct number is 112.

What source are you using?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,620

Post#34 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:27 pm

The overall defensive metrics painted Boogie as a neutral-to-slight negative over his 287 minutes with us. But his rim protection numbers were pretty bad (64.6 FG% allowed within 6-feet) and Madden referenced on the LOB pod that the at-rim number (3-feet) was north of mid-70's, albeit on a small sample size. You could argue that the zone and aggressive hedging on P&R's did him no favors, but overall "off the charts bad" is pretty hyperbolic. His rebounding was stellar (12.6 per-36 and +3.6 team REB% while on the court) and definitely something we needed over the last few weeks.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,909

Post#35 » by Brewhoopfan » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:07 pm

I've been optimistic about Hood's potential to resurrect his game given his history and length. But watching him for 25 minutes, even in a game where he shot the ball well, my optimism is gone.

Bucks fans, including myself, have been spoiled by watching uber athletes. If I had to pick a frontcourt player most likely to win a 50/50 loose ball, it's Giannis in a landslide. For the backcourt, I'm picking Bledsoe followed closely by Jrue. This isn't just Bucks players, I'm talking about the entire NBA.

Hood is completely on the other end of the spectrum with the likes of Marvin Williams. I'm ready to move on.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,719

Post#36 » by emunney » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:24 pm

Nbawowy has our opp PPP*100 at 110.4 with Boogie on and 107.4 with him off. Hardly catastrophic. Meanwhile the offensive numbers are 118.7 on and 110.7 off. These numbers don't mean everything but they certainly shouldn't be cited as a reason to cut him from a minimum salary contract.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
rilamann
RealGM

Post#37 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 6, 2022 7:34 pm

drone3 wrote:
I actually thought we were better with Mamu on the court. He struggles getting to the rim but he was fine otherwise

Mamu was on the court for a big chunk of that 3rd quarter when we scored 11 points and he was a big reason why we only scored 11 points in the 3rd quarter. He's incredibly soft and timid when he has the ball around the basket and he can't consistently knock down an open jumper.

Offensively, Mamu makes the game harder for everyone who is on the court with him. He doesn't really do anything on defense that stands out. I get it, he's the classic white guy who tries hard and he might give you a couple hustle plays, so people are going to like him and overrate him, but he's a scrub.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#38 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 6, 2022 7:48 pm

aboveAverage wrote:

Same with Nwora.

Nwora actually kind of impressed me last night and I am not a Nwora guy at all, but I'll give a guy credit when he deserves it. Nowra is so inconsistent though, one game he'll look like a legit rotation player. Next game he'll look like hot trash. I don't know what to make of him. He might score 2 points and have a bunch of unforced turnovers, or he might go 5-6 on 3's.

At the end of the day the end of our bench sucks serious ass. Hood, Semi, Mamu and Nwora. These guys are horrible and should never play unless absolutely necessary due to guys being out. Which has obviously happened far too many times this season.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,163

Post#39 » by skones » Thu Jan 6, 2022 8:13 pm

Lol.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,620

Post#40 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 6, 2022 8:42 pm

The good outweighed the bad last night but Nwora still has too many of those straight up comical tunnel-vision moments. Those step-back 3's he launches when he gets the ball in transition with like, 18 seconds on the shot clock are basically wasted possessions. Even Marques had to laugh at the one possession where he had two wide open guys in the corners, but decided to dribble up to the FT line, stop and pivot, then throw up a sort of fading away, one-handed push shot that went in. Something along the lines of "Well, it's a good thing he made that..."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks