ImageImage

PG: Bucks Pound Nets

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,846

Re: PG: Bucks Pound Nets 

Post#41 » by Plossum » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:14 am

Not disrespect the the youngster, but if my parents, in their infinite wisdom, named me David Duke, I’d be straight down to the courthouse to change that on my 18th birthday.
#LockUpChuck
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#42 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:15 am

Remember when posters here were scared of the Nets getting Patty Mills? The Bucks simply put a tall guy on him to shoot over, and he was reduced to useless.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#43 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:17 am

The Nets look a lot like the early season hospital Bucks where nobody could rebound or protect the rim besides Giannis. No matter how many points Durant and Harden score they can't protect a lead because they give up a lot of second chance points and the only way for them to protect the rim is to put 4 guys inside the paint and give up both corners for wide open 3s. Bigs and good passers will keep destroying them just like Giannis and Bobby did tonight.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#44 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:17 am

Plossum wrote:Not disrespect the the youngster, but if my parents, in their infinite wisdom, named me David Duke, I’d be straight down to the courthouse to change that on my 18th birthday.

I actually love that this David Duke said " Why should I change my name, I'm not the David Duke that's sucks?"
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#45 » by mke_design » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:21 am

Plossum wrote:Not disrespect the the youngster, but if my parents, in their infinite wisdom, named me David Duke, I’d be straight down to the courthouse to change that on my 18th birthday.

If I were black I’d keep it to spite the man.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#46 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:21 am

Considering what that family's gone through in their lives, that really doesn't matter.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#47 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:21 am

Nice to be a little emotionally invested into a Bucks game. KD is 33 and to me seems a little slow. He's going to need every bit of Harden and Kryie to beat us.

I love the fact that this Bucks team has that switch.

Can't wait for the playoffs!
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#48 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:23 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Hope you guys just watched the postgame ESPN TV coverage, because it was amazingly horrible.

tHe wORlD wIdE LeaDEr iN sPorTz!!!
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#49 » by ACGB » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:26 am

This game just tells me that they really aren't trying in all these losses where a few people are out. Play the nets and suddenly they care enough to blow them out.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#50 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:30 am

Great win, I was hoping playing better teams would bring a little more energy out of them. Just about everybody outside of the garbage time guys played great.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#51 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:32 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:Remember when posters here were scared of the Nets getting Patty Mills? The Bucks simply put a tall guy on him to shoot over, and he was reduced to useless.

I remember the revisionist history that was actually that people wanted Mills on the cheap contract that he ended up getting as he'd be an excellent complement to Giannis?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#52 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:35 am

ACGB wrote:This game just tells me that they really aren't trying in all these losses where a few people are out. Play the nets and suddenly they care enough to blow them out.

Its like with our D last year. We spent so much of the year experimenting. This year looks similar on both ends.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#53 » by Shaffty » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:37 am

ACGB wrote:This game just tells me that they really aren't trying in all these losses where a few people are out. Play the nets and suddenly they care enough to blow them out.

they tried for 3 straight regular seasons , i think after a ring they can coast a few lol
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,952

Post#54 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:48 am

Read on Twitter

This rules. I really hope Ham is with another team next season.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#55 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:56 am

Jez2983 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Remember when posters here were scared of the Nets getting Patty Mills? The Bucks simply put a tall guy on him to shoot over, and he was reduced to useless.

I remember the revisionist history that was actually that people wanted Mills on the cheap contract that he ended up getting as he'd be an excellent complement to Giannis?

Put a short guy on the floor with Giannis who can't defend just because he can shoot? Didn't we waste way too many of Giannis minutes doing that last year?

The Bucks are so much better off with George Hill, and for less money.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#56 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:59 am

Semi was successful in his minutes defending Durrant. He's got to get his own offense going, but it's a glimmer of hope.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,488

Post#57 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:14 am

How many games will Harden play for the Nets in 2027 when he’s making 60 million a year?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,272

Post#58 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:21 am

Every time I watch him play I can never recall a player lets less aesthetically pleasing to watch than James Harden. Dude is an absolute chore.
Do it for Chuck
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#59 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:28 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Put a short guy on the floor with Giannis who can't defend just because he can shoot? Didn't we waste way too many of Giannis minutes doing that last year?

The Bucks are so much better off with George Hill, and for less money.

I reckon Giannis would be happy to play with a 43% 3 point shooter who is hitting more than 3 a game, but that's just me.

Let's also not pretend he didn't play a season with a worse Mills in Forbes, either. I guess he isn't tall.

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,721

Post#60 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:33 am

Ruzious wrote:This team made it clear the Bucks don't need a PG when they have Giannis and Midds.

Giannis in the post-game said Durant is the best player in the world. I'm just trying to get better.

How lucky are we that he's playing for the Bucks?
I think its his version of a canned answer. He seemed disinterested in the baiting. Of course he respects Durant but he's trying to stay hungry. He's special.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks