ImageImage

PG Charlotte - Bucks Falls Short

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,806

Re: PG Charlotte - Bucks Falls Short 

Post#21 » by tydett » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:57 am

Roster Flexibility checking in with his usual 0/0/0/0 on 0 minutes, gonna be really useful in a month.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#22 » by Ron Swanson » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:57 am

AussieBuck wrote:Tony Snells as far as the eye can see.

Giannis and 4 Tony Snells probably wins this game.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#23 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:00 am

Giannis, Khris, Bobby, and Wes.

Every night it’s a different thing that makes the game hard to get through, tonight it was Covid absences and dead legs. I better be rewarded for watching this boring ass team/season with a deep playoff run :lol:
WhatTheBuck
Junior
And1: 332

Post#24 » by WhatTheBuck » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:05 am

Even if Demarcus Cousins was encouraging our players to shoot up heroin, I can't see how Semi Ojeleye provides more value to retain a roster spot.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#25 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:06 am

Starting to envision Dario at the anchor desk as the Rob Schneider “making copies” character from SNL. Try it next game, you can’t unsee it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#26 » by randy84 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:22 am

How bad do Kornet, Dowtin and Smart have to suck that they couldn't even get on the floor in this one.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#27 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:57 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:Ojeleye is now shooting 8.3% in his last 8 games. He started the season playing terribly and somehow got worse.

Sheeet I thought that was an improvement.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#28 » by jschligs » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:58 am

Glad I was out to dinner and missed this one. Looks like our non-main players were just trash. I'll say it once more, really not that big of a deal. Given the landscape of the year with COVID seeding is going to be a mess and it won't matter that much. We'll finish top 4 and then we have to take care of business.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#29 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:03 am

It it true that if we kept Boogie we wouldn't have flexibility to bring in someone better later? Honestly we could use him on nights like tonight so that Giannis doesn't burn himself out trying to beat teams single handedly.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,770

Post#30 » by Ayt » Sun Jan 9, 2022 6:38 am

I wonder if Hood or Semi will even be in the NBA next season.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,806

Post#31 » by tydett » Sun Jan 9, 2022 6:40 am

Ayt wrote:I wonder if Hood or Semi will even be in the NBA next season.

No. We are their last stop. Hood maybe catches on somewhere in Europe, if he's willing to move. But he's got enough money, so he should be fine.

Semi would struggle in the Chinese Basketball League.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,268

Post#32 » by rilamann » Sun Jan 9, 2022 6:41 am

It's kind of ironic that we're the defending champs and we might win it again, but this current Bucks roster might honestly have some of the worst players I have ever seen wear a Bucks uniform in the 30 years I have followed the team. And I am not counting the guys who are on 10 day contracts.

We're really deep with quality players when we're healthy, but the end of our bench, holy **** is it bad. Semi and Hood simply being on an NBA roster is a disgrace to the league. Nwora is an end of the bench scrub, I don't care what anyone says. Mamu is trash, he tries and hard and gives you a couple hustle plays blah blah, but he has no business on an NBA roster.

What's also ironic is that the Bucks signed and drafted those guys, yet got Wes off the scrap heap a month ago and he's worlds better than all of them combined.

I get that the end of every team's bench isn't loaded with talent, but Jesus H.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,889

Post#33 » by Plossum » Sun Jan 9, 2022 6:50 am

Giannis, Midds, Bobby: 89 points on 29/54 (54%) shooting.

Everyone else: 17 points on 6/36 (17%) shooting.

Woof.
#LockUpChuck
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#34 » by FrieAaron » Sun Jan 9, 2022 7:49 am

greekbuck34 wrote:We wasted great games from Giannis and Khris amd Bobby. Giannis had like 8 point in the first half and finished with 43.

All the rest were a complete zero. Nwora bricks were momentum killers.

Really hard to say it's a waste when we got 2/26 shooting from the players that we ideally play only in garbage time or in case of emergency. Played hard but having every single ball handler on our team out on the second of a back to back was just too much.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#35 » by FrieAaron » Sun Jan 9, 2022 7:50 am

Plossum wrote:Giannis, Midds, Bobby: 89 points on 29/54 (54%) shooting.

Woof.

Hey give Wes some credit here. He shot 30%. The rest of them shot 7.6%
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#36 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:20 pm

rilamann wrote:It's kind of ironic that we're the defending champs and we might win it again, but this current Bucks roster might honestly have some of the worst players I have ever seen wear a Bucks uniform in the 30 years I have followed the team. And I am not counting the guys who are on 10 day contracts.

We're really deep with quality players when we're healthy, but the end of our bench, holy **** is it bad. Semi and Hood simply being on an NBA roster is a disgrace to the league. Nwora is an end of the bench scrub, I don't care what anyone says. Mamu is trash, he tries and hard and gives you a couple hustle plays blah blah, but he has no business on an NBA roster.

What's also ironic is that the Bucks signed and drafted those guys, yet got Wes off the scrap heap a month ago and he's worlds better than all of them combined.

I get that the end of every team's bench isn't loaded with talent, but Jesus H.

Need I remind you of the bench during Jason Kidd's final season.

Malcolm Brogdon (missed half the season due to injury)
Thon Maker
Jason Terry
Sterling Brown
Jabari Parker
Matthew Dellavedova
DeAndre Liggins
Tyler Zeller
Sean Kilpatrick
Brandon Jennings
Rashad Vaughn
Mirza Teletovic
Shabazz Muhammad
Gary Payton II
Greg Monroe
D.J. Wilson
Marshall Plumlee
Joel Bolomboy
Xavier Munford
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,960

Post#37 » by sidney lanier » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:40 pm

rilamann wrote:It's kind of ironic that we're the defending champs and we might win it again, but this current Bucks roster might honestly have some of the worst players I have ever seen wear a Bucks uniform in the 30 years I have followed the team. And I am not counting the guys who are on 10 day contracts.

A retrospective look at Bucks end-of-bench guys, such as John Stroeder (seen "sky-ing" above), might make you rethink that statement. If we were to think about trying to name the worst Bucks player ever (omitting, as you suggest, 10-day contracts and other farts in the wind), the current crop of Semis and Rodney Hoods would face stiff competition.

By the way, I think I'd call it the Tito Horford Award. In my mind's eye I see Tito and Thanasis playing a game of H-O-R-S-E. It never ends.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#38 » by LuessiT » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:54 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Plossum wrote:Giannis, Midds, Bobby: 89 points on 29/54 (54%) shooting.

Woof.

Hey give Wes some credit here. He shot 30%. The rest of them shot 7.6%

Wes is also contributing even if he doesn't make shots. That's my gripe with the summer acquisitions bar Allen. I had at least some hope Semi could contribute on D but he's a dud on bkty ends. Hood is also below average on D and has a bad shot selection on O. Wish we brought in more guys that play hard and play their role.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,726

Post#39 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:58 pm

Writing seemed to be on the wall. Quick turnaround against a fun and hungry team with salty memories of the close loss in Milwaukee. Next game should be fun. Sort of missed Boogie out there, I was just getting used to him. Slow as molasses defensively but could score, pass and rebound just fine for 15-20 minutes. If he was out there Bucks probably win. Oh well, onto the next game.

Loving the monster nights from Freak, though, I’d love nothing more than for him to get his 3rd MVP in four years, en route to a second title of course.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,670

Post#40 » by chonestown » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:58 pm

Couldn't get the game on my DirecTV but did pull in the regularly scheduled Novak-Dario derpfest. May pebbles never be extracted from your shoes, Bally Sports Wisconsin.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks