ImageImage

PG Clippers: Bucks Roll to 3rd Straight at FiServ West

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Re: PG Clippers: Bucks Roll to 3rd Straight at FiServ West 

Post#21 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:41 am

greekbuck34 wrote:137-104 is the new 120-104.

"adjusted for inflation"
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#22 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:42 am

If BKN is in the play-in do we really want the #1 seed?
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#23 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:44 am

Moose’s defense was so impressive
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#24 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:48 am

You guys just love tall dudes
(as long as they don't lie about their age)
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#25 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:52 am

I'm curious to see the metrics when Gianni and Jrue are on the floor. When they're both on their game the team looks terrifying. They're both bullies. Khris is the human dagger.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#26 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:53 am

Pachinko_ wrote:If BKN is in the play-in do we really want the #1 seed?

We can worry about that in April. We just need to win now so we can decide if we want to rest our guys or go for the one seed. Don't want to be out in a position of playing guys banged yup to keep HCA for rounds 1-2
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#27 » by CJTURT » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:54 am

Wes Matthews has to be one of the worst pers in the nba . The guy does absolutely nothing night in and night out.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#28 » by Jez2983 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:03 am

CJTURT wrote:Wes Matthews has to be one of the worst pers in the nba . The guy does absolutely nothing night in and night out.

You make an interesting observation, but I'm going to do it better :D

His stats have been falling since he started (well) with us. Could this be explained by him being pushed to the bench and not playing as much with Giannis? Having a quick look at counting stats and tonight may have been his first made three for the month...

Also I'm sure PER does not look at defense, which is a huge reason he was brought in. He can do 'nothing' for the rest of the season as long as he turns up in the playoffs.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#29 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:06 am

Good warm up games to the showdowns coming soon.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#30 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:06 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:I'm curious to see the metrics when Gianni and Jrue are on the floor. When they're both on their game the team looks terrifying. They're both bullies. Khris is the human dagger.

Cleaning the glass has them at +13.2 in 1527 possessions together, 119.3 off rating 106.1 def rating.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#31 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:07 am

Can we continue our streak of 137 PT games?
#FreeChuckDiesel
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#32 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:14 am

CJTURT wrote:Wes Matthews has to be one of the worst pers in the nba . The guy does absolutely nothing night in and night out.

and he is still better than Donte.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#33 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:19 am

Milbucks96 wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:I'm curious to see the metrics when Gianni and Jrue are on the floor. When they're both on their game the team looks terrifying. They're both bullies. Khris is the human dagger.

Cleaning the glass has them at +13.2 in 1527 possessions together, 119.3 off rating 106.1 def rating.

Makes sense. That's quite the differential. Obviously the raw win/loss record with all three of them is at around a 62-65 win pace.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#34 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:22 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

We can worry about that in April. We just need to win now so we can decide if we want to rest our guys or go for the one seed. Don't want to be out in a position of playing guys banged yup to keep HCA for rounds 1-2

**** HCA. HCA did nothing for us when we had it, and when we didn't have it we won it all.

You really dont want to play BKN in the first round. You want to give Harden as many chances as possible to pull a hammy before we play them.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,675

Post#35 » by chonestown » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:30 am

It's time to give Greg Monroe a nickname. I'll get the ball (prospective nicknames) rolling:
Greg "The Stag" Monroe (stags are male deer, Greg Monroe is on the Bucks, I dunno there's synergy with the rhyme)
Greg "Hey" Monroe (it helps if you say it like a reggae singer, like Jacob Marley and such)
Greg Mon "Row Row Your Boat Ashore" (okay, this one is not good but this is the brainstorming session)
Greg "The President" Monroe (because there was a President Monroe I think? Might be confusing with people who remember Brogdon but there never was a President Brogdon I never really got that one)
Greg "Plus One" Monroe (because he yells this sometimes (always) when he's fouled (even when he's not fouled) on a field goal attempt)

I dunno maybe these work feel free to use no big deal but if you can come up with better ones that might find the favor of the hive (realgm dot bucks slash forum) post'em up. I just feel he can't be Greg Monroe.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#36 » by Chad34 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:39 am

chonestown wrote:It's time to give Greg Monroe a nickname. I'll get the ball (prospective nicknames) rolling:
Greg "The Stag" Monroe (stags are male deer, Greg Monroe is on the Bucks, I dunno there's synergy with the rhyme)
Greg "Hey" Monroe (it helps if you say it like a reggae singer, like Jacob Marley and such)
Greg Mon "Row Row Your Boat Ashore" (okay, this one is not good but this is the brainstorming session)
Greg "The President" Monroe (because there was a President Monroe I think? Might be confusing with people who remember Brogdon but there never was a President Brogdon I never really got that one)
Greg "Plus One" Monroe (because he yells this sometimes (always) when he's fouled (even when he's not fouled) on a field goal attempt)

I dunno maybe these work feel free to use no big deal but if you can come up with better ones that might find the favor of the hive (realgm dot bucks slash forum) post'em up. I just feel he can't be Greg Monroe.

How about moose :D
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,675

Post#37 » by chonestown » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:49 am

Chad34 wrote:
chonestown wrote:It's time to give Greg Monroe a nickname. I'll get the ball (prospective nicknames) rolling:

How about moose :D

don't see it tbqh
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#38 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 6:31 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

**** HCA. HCA did nothing for us when we had it, and when we didn't have it we won it all.

You really dont want to play BKN in the first round. You want to give Harden as many chances as possible to pull a hammy before we play them.

Personally I don’t think hca is the reason we’ve lost and not having hca wasn’t the reason we won either. As tough as Miami plays us, I really believe if we had regular hca and no stoppage in 2020, we would’ve made the finals at least and probably won it all. 2019, the raptors and Kawhi was just better than us and if we didn’t have hca we probably lose in 4 or 5 instead of six. Does Brook go off for 29/11/4 in game 1 in Toronto? Probably not.

If we had home court against Brooklyn and all the injuries and everything plays out the same we probably win in 5 or 6, same thing for the finals. Who knows what happens if we didn’t have hca in the ecf. Ignoring the bubble, the bucks are 16-3 at home and 10-9 away in the postseason during the Bud era. I’m too lazy to post the non-Giannis guys stats but it’s night and day even for Jrue and Khris home vs away, even Giannis is way more efficient at home in the playoffs even though his counting stats are similar.

I understand and respect anybody that doesn’t get too worked up over loses in November, but the goal should always be home court throughout the east, especially when the east is so wide open and you have the easiest schedule in the league for the first half of the year.

If you gotta choose between being healthy vs the one seed, then of course you pick being healthy, but if the bucks have to play balls to the wall to get the one seed over Chicago and Miami who have been more injured and had a harder schedule than the bucks all year, then maybe we aren’t as good as we think we are.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#39 » by mcfromage » Mon Feb 7, 2022 6:46 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Good to see so much Bucks gear in LA.

I was there and it was wild. Even got a “Bobby, Bobby” chant as he hit the locker room.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#40 » by AussieBuck » Mon Feb 7, 2022 7:06 am

randy84 wrote:I like Pat in the starting lineup.

I like Pat not being our primary backup big.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks