Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Re: PG Clippers: Bucks Roll to 3rd Straight at FiServ West 

Post#61 » by Perseus1966 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:46 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:We can worry about that in April. We just need to win now so we can decide if we want to rest our guys or go for the one seed. Don't want to be out in a position of playing guys banged yup to keep HCA for rounds 1-2

**** HCA. HCA did nothing for us when we had it, and when we didn't have it we won it all.

You really dont want to play BKN in the first round. You want to give Harden as many chances as possible to pull a hammy before we play them.

Personally I don’t think hca is the reason we’ve lost and not having hca wasn’t the reason we won either. As tough as Miami plays us, I really believe if we had regular hca and no stoppage in 2020, we would’ve made the finals at least and probably won it all. 2019, the raptors and Kawhi was just better than us and if we didn’t have hca we probably lose in 4 or 5 instead of six. Does Brook go off for 29/11/4 in game 1 in Toronto? Probably not.

If we had home court against Brooklyn and all the injuries and everything plays out the same we probably win in 5 or 6, same thing for the finals. Who knows what happens if we didn’t have hca in the ecf. Ignoring the bubble, the bucks are 16-3 at home and 10-9 away in the postseason during the Bud era. I’m too lazy to post the non-Giannis guys stats but it’s night and day even for Jrue and Khris home vs away, even Giannis is way more efficient at home in the playoffs even though his counting stats are similar.

I understand and respect anybody that doesn’t get too worked up over loses in November, but the goal should always be home court throughout the east, especially when the east is so wide open and you have the easiest schedule in the league for the first half of the year.

If you gotta choose between being healthy vs the one seed, then of course you pick being healthy, but if the bucks have to play balls to the wall to get the one seed over Chicago and Miami who have been more injured and had a harder schedule than the bucks all year, then maybe we aren’t as good as we think we are.

i want hca in case we play against Heat.
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#62 » by neiLz » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:59 pm

They are literally .5 games out of the 1 seed. they need to take hold of the 1 seed. if they were 3+ games out, then I wouldn't really care as much, but since it's literally one win away, they should really want that 1 seed.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#63 » by tedbrogen » Mon Feb 7, 2022 6:17 pm

I think they’ll do what they can to get the highest seed possible while still keeping everyone’s minutes reasonable. I don’t think the care about specific seeding or specific matchups. They feel if they have everyone available and healthy in the playoffs and they play their game, they are extremely tough to beat four out of seven times.

And I don’t think they would be wrong to think that. A full season of Jrue, Midds, Giannis, Brook would get you 60+ wins easy and just won a title.

I don’t think they fear anyone after winning game seven in Brooklyn against Peak Durant, closing out the ECF on the road, and then taking four straight off the Suns.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,958

Post#64 » by sidney lanier » Mon Feb 7, 2022 6:26 pm

tedbrogen wrote:I don’t think they fear anyone after winning game seven in Brooklyn against Peak Durant, closing out the ECF on the road, and then taking four straight off the Suns.

All the hand-wringing about Miami last season should have taught us that, but even after that sweep I think we'll see the same "O no -- Bam and Jimmy Butler!" hysteria on this board as we approach the playoffs.

I really like the Tao of Giannis -- stay in the moment, enjoy every game, concentrate on yourself, go with the flow of events. For a 27-year-old fresh off the streets of Athens, he's quite the philosopher. Granted, it's in the air when you walk where Plato and Aristotle walked, I guess.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#65 » by blazza18 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 8:40 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We technically passed on OG twice (had to have DJ Wilson instead).

:cry:

OG just didn’t have that bucks dna unfortunately
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#66 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:12 pm

sidney lanier wrote:Granted, it's in the air when you walk where Plato and Aristotle walked, I guess.

Having just walked there last month, I can reliably inform you that what is in the air is the smell of souvlaki :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks