PG Suns: Bucks Fall Short

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Re: PG Suns: Bucks Fall Short 

Post#61 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:00 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Plossum wrote:Not sure we'll see Pat again this season. That's a 10-12 week recovery minimum with a break.

NBA players miss an average of 17 games with that injury. We'll likely see a lot of Pat this year.

If Pat has that same timeframe it would probably be less than 17 because his recovery period overlaps with the All Star break
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#62 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:18 pm

I would think your biggest concern won't be the Suns, but getting by the Nets or Philly. I think both of those teams got better yesterday.

People forget how good a defender Simmons is. He is a nice fit with Durant and Kyrie. Embiid has finally gotten some help, too. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,049

Post#63 » by BigO » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:23 pm

I'm not sure there's much you can do to make up for Brook's absence on defense. I think Myles Turner would have been the closest we could get to, but that wasn't doable. Ibaka will help but he doesn't have the length Brook has.

I'll give Bud credit for trying almost everything on defense to make up for Brook's loss, but scheme can't overcome talent.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#64 » by glenn » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:23 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:I would think your biggest concern won't be the Suns, but getting by the Nets or Philly. I think both of those teams got better yesterday.

People forget how good a defender Simmons is. He is a nice fit with Durant and Kyrie. Embiid has finally gotten some help, too. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Ok mom
:reporter:
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#65 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:35 pm

Bud looked like he was tanking that game last night. Either way get Serge into the rotation pick up a wing here to supplement the time Pat is out and grab the best player available on the buyout market. Hopefully Hill comes back soon as well.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#66 » by Perseus1966 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:45 pm

The Suns show us exactly what they will do when we meet again .

And they broke Pat hand almost brake Giannis hand and he roilled his ankle.
And the officials were crap.
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#67 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:49 pm

Pat get that finger amputated yet or what?
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#68 » by KidA24 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:51 pm

mke_design wrote:I think I’m most disappointed to learn Kane Pittman is an assshole. The losses don’t phase me.

Details?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#69 » by Antinomy » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:56 pm

BigO wrote:I'm not sure there's much you can do to make up for Brook's absence on defense. I think Myles Turner would have been the closest we could get to, but that wasn't doable. Ibaka will help but he doesn't have the length Brook has.

I'll give Bud credit for trying almost everything on defense to make up for Brook's loss, but scheme can't overcome talent.

Ibaka definitely has more length than Brook — about the same as Giannis if anything. He’s just a bit shorter than Brook so it doesn’t seem that way.

If I remember correctly, Serge has about a 7-3 or 7-4 wingspan.

Lopez’s advantage is his sheer size. He’s so wide that he can easily duck in & score over most defenders if you put someone small on him. Can’t say the same for Serge most of the time.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,908

Post#70 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:08 pm

jschligs wrote:
BigO wrote:Most of the posters have it right. The problem, not just this game, has been the defense. And taking away one of the best defensive centers in the league for the entire season is the main reason. Bobby Portis is not a defensive center and is wearing down because he is being put into an untenable position.

The addition of Ibaka is huge, but they need a healthy Lopez. Without him, no way the Bucks get out of the East.

Yea I think our finals chances will hinge on Brooks availability. We can do it without him. But having him makes it much more likely.

The Bucks have a better defensive rating this year (109) than last year (110.7). The Bucks tightened it up in the playoffs last year (106.8) by shortening the bench and simply because the playoffs is more half court oriented.

As A-rod would say: R-E-L-A-X. The Bucks acquired a needed big body yesterday. When Brook returns, the Bucks defense will be every bit as good in the playoffs as last year.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:14 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Bud looked like he was tanking that game last night. Either way get Serge into the rotation pick up a wing here to supplement the time Pat is out and grab the best player available on the buyout market. Hopefully Hill comes back soon as well.

Nah - Bud has won the regular season championship a couple of times. He knows they don't give out rings for that.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#72 » by jschligs » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:42 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
jschligs wrote:
BigO wrote:Most of the posters have it right. The problem, not just this game, has been the defense. And taking away one of the best defensive centers in the league for the entire season is the main reason. Bobby Portis is not a defensive center and is wearing down because he is being put into an untenable position.

The addition of Ibaka is huge, but they need a healthy Lopez. Without him, no way the Bucks get out of the East.

Yea I think our finals chances will hinge on Brooks availability. We can do it without him. But having him makes it much more likely.

The Bucks have a better defensive rating this year (109) than last year (110.7). The Bucks tightened it up in the playoffs last year (106.8) by shortening the bench and simply because the playoffs is more half court oriented.

As A-rod would say: R-E-L-A-X. The Bucks acquired a needed big body yesterday. When Brook returns, the Bucks defense will be every bit as good in the playoffs as last year.

I’m not worried, I just think Brook is very important and with him we have way better odds.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:48 pm

jschligs wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I’m not worried, I just think Brook is very important and with him we have way better odds.

100% with you.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#74 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:51 pm

We don’t just miss Lopez defensively. On offense he makes the other team work and can toss some weight around in the post. You get Ayton in foul trouble and it’s over for them.

That said, teams that lose a title or big playoff game the year before (in most sports) usually come back with a vengeance in the regular season rematch the next year. Suns did.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#75 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:49 pm

KidA24 wrote:
mke_design wrote:I think I’m most disappointed to learn Kane Pittman is an assshole. The losses don’t phase me.

Details?

Ya I'm confused on this one.
#FreeChuckDiesel
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#76 » by mke_design » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:08 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

Details?

Somebody on the trade thread mentioned when they were at work they met Malika and Kane. Kane was not kind with this person.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#77 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:12 pm

I think people are overstating Brooks impact versus the Suns. He averaged just 24 minutes a game in our 4 Finals wins, despite the Bucks glaring lack of depth.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,250

Post#78 » by The Wet Whistle » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:27 pm

mke_design wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Details?

Somebody on the trade thread mentioned when they were at work they met Malika and Kane. Kane was not kind with this person.
This?

GoldenAntlers wrote:
I was serving Malika, Kane, and Eric at lunch a few years back[...] Then I asked Kane if he was working on an article, trying to make small-Bucks talk, and he said he was working on a beer.

This is nothing

Sent from my moto g(7) play using RealGM mobile app
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#79 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:06 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:I would think your biggest concern won't be the Suns, but getting by the Nets or Philly. I think both of those teams got better yesterday.

eh, people forget because of how it panned out and because they wanted to **** on the Suns as a finals opponent but they were our worst matchup in the league (other than the mythical healthy Nets lololol)

We still have a weakness against teams that have a guy who can kill you without getting to the paint, Suns still have two of those guys.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ersanity
Senior
And1: 291

Post#80 » by Ersanity » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:34 pm

The Wet Whistle wrote:
mke_design wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

This?

GoldenAntlers wrote:
I was serving Malika, Kane, and Eric at lunch a few years back[...] Then I asked Kane if he was working on an article, trying to make small-Bucks talk, and he said he was working on a beer.

This is nothing

Sent from my moto g(7) play using RealGM mobile app
Yeah, if that makes someone an ****, JFC we have some puritans on this board

Sent from my SM-A505U using RealGM mobile app
Milwaukee Bucks: Where "Meh" happens.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks