Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,255

Re: PG Pacers - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post#41 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:07 am

Milbucks96 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Prez wrote:Giannis might dick around and win scoring title/MVP/DPOY. Just please string together some wins smh

Confused about seeing him top nba.com's DPOY list. Still made a bunch of spectacular plays but he's dropped off on that end as the seasons gone one. Just have to look at today where he had his back turned on multiple plays which led to buckets.

It’s literally nobody else right now :lol: they won’t give it to gobert for a while and Draymond has a **** up back. I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody like Gary Payton walked away with it.

That’s what’s been so damn frustrating about this season is that if the bucks just played at 75% and won 55 games or whatever, they would easily have hca in the east and Giannis would easily win mvp/dpoy again.

Why won't they give it to Gobert?
Read on Twitter
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,733

Post#42 » by yannisk » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:10 am

Read on Twitter
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#43 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:13 am

We must sign Dragic now, don’t we?
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,479

Post#44 » by Milbucks96 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:21 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Confused about seeing him top nba.com's DPOY list. Still made a bunch of spectacular plays but he's dropped off on that end as the seasons gone one. Just have to look at today where he had his back turned on multiple plays which led to buckets.

It’s literally nobody else right now :lol: they won’t give it to gobert for a while and Draymond has a **** up back. I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody like Gary Payton walked away with it.

That’s what’s been so damn frustrating about this season is that if the bucks just played at 75% and won 55 games or whatever, they would easily have hca in the east and Giannis would easily win mvp/dpoy again.

Why won't they give it to Gobert?

Games missed lately, voter fatigue, the idea of him being “exposed” on the perimeter in the playoffs has really hurt his reputation lately too, the jazz having a good but not elite defense this year.

I think he’s a worthy winner and should always be in the top 3 but I don’t think he’s a serious candidate this year for those reasons, it’s not right but that’s just how it is.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#45 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:51 am

MickeyDavis wrote:With the Heat, Sixers and Cavs losing we are now the 3 seed, 1.5 out of the first.

To be honest, if the POs started right now I'd rather we dropped more and played any of the top 3 teams (MIA/CHI/CLE) than play any of the bottom 4 (BKN/PHI/BOS/TOR). It's a total minefield down there.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#46 » by drone3 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:11 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:Ive missed the last two games. How has Serge looked? Not concerned with numbers as I am with if he's in the right spot and if he is moving well.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
Ibaka has been good, he's almost always in the right spot and has been giving directions on D. He alters a lot of shots on D, doesn't force anything on O and will shoot when required.

Perhaps he is a bit passive but I think that's how he generally plays and also getting used to the team. He moves slower than I thought he would but because he reads the game so well it doesn't really matter.

He's a solid addition to the team
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#47 » by drone3 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:19 am

mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,023

Post#48 » by mediocrityrules » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:29 am

drone3 wrote:...

Man that's deep. I couldn't agree more.
Circling calendars since 2021
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,731

Post#49 » by brettski » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:39 am

Most impressive shot in the highlights was the one to get to 50. It looked so smooth, handling the ball, shaking the defender and then pulling up for the jumper.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,214

Post#50 » by HKPackFan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:31 am

Giannis is the engine of this team, you take him out and it's like taking the engine out of a Ferrari.

All u got is an overpriced gocart.
#FreeChuckDiesel
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#51 » by aboveAverage » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:56 am

Giannis is going to be a top 5 basketball player of all time, and he’s going to do it as a Milwaukee Buck. We are so lucky.

Absolutely love watching Giannis demolish bad defenses.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#52 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:55 pm

aboveAverage wrote:Giannis is going to be a top 5 basketball player of all time, and he’s going to do it as a Milwaukee Buck. We are so lucky.

He's chasing being the greatest of all time. It's within his reach.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#53 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:45 pm

I want to have legitimate Giannis vs. Jordan GOAT talks a decade from now. Until then, I am going to appreciate and revel in every single minute of basketball this man plays for my favorite team. What a treasure.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,437

Post#54 » by steger_3434 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:47 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:Giannis is going to be a top 5 basketball player of all time, and he’s going to do it as a Milwaukee Buck. We are so lucky.

He's chasing being the greatest of all time. It's within his reach.

Hell never win 6 finals unless he starts jumping to super teams so I doubt he eclipses Jordan. He will be in the conversation for too 10 though. That’s some damn good company when your talking about Gianni’s with the likes of Jordan, Lebron, bird, magic, wilt, kaj, Hakeem, Duncan, Russel, Shaq, etc

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#55 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:49 pm

randy84 wrote:I would've done the Buddy Hield, Haliburton for Middleton trade.

Yeah, I mean obviously. At the time of the original discussion I laughed off the Kings even considering such deal. Then they went and traded Hali at the deadline. He's going to be special. And Buddy can sure light it up. (why we felt we needed to continue to leave him to double the post is beyond my basketball comprehension but I'm sure Bud had a reason)
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#56 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:50 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Ive missed the last two games. How has Serge looked? Not concerned with numbers as I am with if he's in the right spot and if he is moving well.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app

Serge looks old to me. Like he's aged six basketball years since 2019. But he can still help.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#57 » by sidney lanier » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:05 pm

steger_3434 wrote:[That’s some damn good company when your talking about Gianni’s with the likes of Jordan, Lebron, bird, magic, wilt, kaj, Hakeem, Duncan, Russel, Shaq, etc

Speaking of fast company...

Read on Twitter
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,623

Post#58 » by chonestown » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Many are recognizing Giannis's effort in securing the win. While it was key, the die was cast on the first page of the game thread.

Desperate times call for...not circling the game on the calendar.

Many here are aware of my stance on circling games on the calendar (pro fwiw), but it's time (now) to start thinking outside of the box (automatically circling each game on the calendar). Consider this (not circling tonight's game on the calendar) an experiment.

<Stallone voice>
If I can change....

Your welcome
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,907

Post#59 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:20 pm

fan230 wrote:What is scary is that without Giannis’ performance, we would have probably lost the game.

Yes, but then without Hield's performance, the Pacers lose. Of course, also subtracting Middleton makes the Bucks lose until you take away Haliburton...
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#60 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:27 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
fan230 wrote:What is scary is that without Giannis’ performance, we would have probably lost the game.

Yes, but then without Hield's performance, the Pacers lose. Of course, also subtracting Middleton makes the Bucks lose until you take away Haliburton...

:lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks