ImageImage

OT: Video games/computers/gadgets/gizmos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,667

Re: OT: Video games/computers/gadgets/gizmos 

Post#1261 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:53 pm

After like two years of refusing to put any effort into searching for a ps5. I have secured the bag people.

Fire Emblem on friday too. :nod:
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#1262 » by Prez » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:45 am

TroyD92 wrote:After like two years of refusing to put any effort into searching for a ps5. I have secured the bag people.

Check out Returnal!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#1263 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:00 am

Prez wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:After like two years of refusing to put any effort into searching for a ps5. I have secured the bag people.

Check out Returnal!

And Demon's Souls.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1264 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:03 pm

Anybody into warhammer stuff.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1265 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:43 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Anybody into warhammer stuff.

Yeah. I’m new to the minis, but I’ve played a few video games over the years. Most recently Darktide and my current game is the new Chaos Gate from last year.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1266 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:54 pm

This very quickly broke my brain.

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#1267 » by Siefer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:15 pm

Chained Echoes continues to delight. The one real flaw is the stiff as hell script. It's not unbearable, but you can tell it was written by a non-native English speaker.
BucksStatsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 655

Post#1268 » by BucksStatsGuy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:34 pm

Prez wrote:

Check out Returnal!

Returnal is so so so so good.

Also good that I just got into: Vampire Survivor. Ooooweee I should not have bought that game. Too addicting
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1269 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:52 am

I don’t recall, but was anyone into Marvel Snap here? I initially had no interest, partly because I’m currently having Marvel fatigue, but gave it a spin and it’s surprisingly very good. I like how important positioning is to the gameplay.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1270 » by machu46 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:57 am

Sauce Boss wrote:I don’t recall, but was anyone into Marvel Snap here? I initially had no interest, partly because I’m currently having Marvel fatigue, but have it a spin and it’s surprisingly very good. I like how important positioning is to the gameplay.

I enjoyed it for a bit but eventually grew tired of it as I do with most mobile games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1271 » by TroyD92 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:01 am

Sauce Boss wrote:

Yeah. I’m new to the minis, but I’ve played a few video games over the years. Most recently Darktide and my current game is the new Chaos Gate from last year.

I'm debating getting into it now, but might just wait for The Old World to release first. I like the fantasy stuff a bit more than 40k.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1272 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:50 am

TroyD92 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

I'm debating getting into it now, but might just wait for The Old World to release first. I like the fantasy stuff a bit more than 40k.

Would this be your first experience with miniatures? Discounting miniature games like X-Wing or board games that have a heavy amount of minis like Blood Rage, where everything is pre-assembled?
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1273 » by TroyD92 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:59 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Yeah. I’m new to the minis, but I’ve played a few video games over the years. Most recently Darktide and my current game is the new Chaos Gate from last year.

Would this be your first experience with miniatures? Discounting miniature games like X-Wing or board games that have a heavy amount of minis like Blood Rage, where everything is pre-assembled?

Yeah it would. I think i've heard people recommended buying a few unpainted ones and going to town.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,021

Post#1274 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:59 am

Anyone play along with Character.AI or ChatGPT? It's pretty damn scary how good the AI is, and it's only going to get better.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1275 » by WRau1 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:27 am

Sauce Boss wrote:I don’t recall, but was anyone into Marvel Snap here? I initially had no interest, partly because I’m currently having Marvel fatigue, but have it a spin and it’s surprisingly very good. I like how important positioning is to the gameplay.

I am, just made infinite for my 2nd straight season. I'm (generally) having a good time with it but it is a long, long drag to collect all the cards.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1276 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:42 am

I played it for a couple days and I liked it. Just not a mobile/phone gamer I guess.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1277 » by WRau1 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:46 pm

The SNAP community is pretty awful, though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1278 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:32 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Yeah it would. I think i've heard people recommended buying a few unpainted ones and going to town.

Gotcha. Here’s my suggestion:

Firstly, pick an army/faction that you think is cool, not because it’s strong. The meta changes constantly as Games Workshop puts out content and most of your time is going to be spent hobbying, so you need to like how your army looks and enjoy painting them or it’s going to be a drag. I started making Ultramarines to learn, but they didn’t super speak to me. Thankfully, GW released a new faction this year, Leagues of Votann, that are basically space dwarves and I love those, so that’s what I’m going to be building.

Secondly, if you’ve never painted before, go get some Nolzur’s D&D minis from your local game shop. They’re not the best detailed, but they’re cheap (~$5 for a pack of two) and they’re pre-primed. Priming can be tricky with a rattle can due to weather and you can’t justify dropping hundreds on an airbrush setup until you’re 12-18 months into the hobby. Having pre-primed models solves that, just put paint on it. Get some cheap synthetic brushes, you’ll ruin your first few so you don’t want to be getting $20-30 sable brushes up front. Look up some tutorials, paint those up and see if you even enjoy painting before you start buying the real stuff.

Now, you’ve painted a few basic minis. You enjoy it, you’re ready to continue to the real stuff. Buy either a $50-60 box of some sort of basic infantry (usually 10 units) or a ~$150 Start Collecting box. You’ll use this to learn how to assemble a mini (cut bits out, plastic glue together, remove mold lines, sanding, priming for painting). This is more time consuming than those pre-primed Nolzur minis and will require more equipment (plastic glue, some exacto knifes, clippers, files, etc…). If you make it past that and are still enjoying it, keep going until you meet your army goal. I suggest just making 500pts to start, which is basically a small skirmish game, before going to the 1500-2000 point level.

Lastly, I suggest doing this with Age of Sigmar. It’s fantasy, it’s all new lore so they’re making a lot of fun looking and inventive minis, it’s readily available, and it’s plastic. Some models are resin, which is much harder to work with and can be toxic so it’s way more involved. The Old World has no release date nor any guarantee that they’ll be plastic minis (could easily be Forge World resin) and you’ll just be waiting around for months or years to find out if you even like the hobby.

Might be my longest post, but I hope it helps!
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1279 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:35 pm

Fire Emblem Engage reviews are out. Consensus seems to be that the gameplay and tactics are the priority, the social aspects are scaled back and the story/characters are average. Your mileage may vary depending on what aspect you view as most important.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,827

Post#1280 » by tydett » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:40 pm

Finished Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remastered (yes that is the actual full name) - would only recommend to big fans of the SMT/Persona universe or people who really like JRPG turn based combat with light aspects of Pokemon.

Currently deciding between Tactics Ogre or DQXI, in all likelihood. I don't know why I want to jump from one long-ass RPG to either a tactical or another long-ass RPG, but here we are, I guess.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks