ImageImage

OT: Video games/computers/gadgets/gizmos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Re: OT: Video games/computers/gadgets/gizmos 

Post#341 » by FrieAaron » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:49 am

Yup, I second that. My free trial was at over 100 hours before I finally had to purchase the game. It's extended even further now - basically past the entire first expansion. Just be warned - while it's a great game, it's basically a very, very, very, very long Final Fantasy single player game with some required dungeons and easy raids thrown in occasionally until end game. There is roughly 110 hours of cutscenes before you are done with the base game plus every expansion.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#342 » by chonestown » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:15 pm

Leon Musk.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#343 » by FrieAaron » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:58 pm

Overwatch 2 pvp beta started and work productivity may have gone down slightly.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#344 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:44 am

Anyone play Rogue Legacy 2 EA? I was a fan of the first many years ago, but didn't follow this one in EA at all. It's hitting 1.0 now on Thursday.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#345 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:24 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone play Rogue Legacy 2 EA? I was a fan of the first many years ago, but didn't follow this one in EA at all. It's hitting 1.0 now on Thursday.

Haven’t, but was a big fan of the first game and didn’t know the second was already leaving early access. I might look into that, find out if it’s worth nabbing at this point or not.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,043

Post#346 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone play Rogue Legacy 2 EA? I was a fan of the first many years ago, but didn't follow this one in EA at all. It's hitting 1.0 now on Thursday.

Haven’t, but was a big fan of the first game and didn’t know the second was already leaving early access. I might look into that, find out if it’s worth nabbing at this point or not.

I thought I should have liked the first one more than I did. I played for a couple hours when it came out and it didn't click. I'll give the second a shot.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#347 » by FrieAaron » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:27 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Overwatch 2 pvp beta started and work productivity may have gone down slightly.

For PC players, you can get a guaranteed beta key as a twitch drop if you stream on twitch with a linked battlenet account for 4 hours from 12pm - 8pm CT today.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#348 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:33 pm

As much as I've generally enjoyed Tiny Tina's over the last week or so, I'm having a big problem with the loot. I don't mind the Legendary drop rate being minuscule in comparison to the BL games (especially 3). It's actually nice. But I do have an issue with is the Legendary weapons I've gotten being total, unusable, sh*t. It's baffling how bad the dozen or so I've gotten over the course of 26 levels. They all either have bad stats, or in the case of weapons, awful firing. The next time I get a usable Legendary will be the first.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#349 » by crkone » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:32 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

I thought I should have liked the first one more than I did. I played for a couple hours when it came out and it didn't click. I'll give the second a shot.
RL2 is like a slower Dead Cells.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#350 » by MikeIsGood » Tue May 3, 2022 3:01 pm

I decided to jump into Rogue Legacy 2 since there's a reasonable launch sale. Should tide me over for what I'm playing on PC until the new POE league in a few weeks. Will let you guys know how it is - fun so far about an hour in.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#351 » by REDDzone » Tue May 3, 2022 3:12 pm

I loved the original Rogue Legacy.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#352 » by Sauce Boss » Wed May 4, 2022 3:58 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I decided to jump into Rogue Legacy 2 since there's a reasonable launch sale. Should tide me over for what I'm playing on PC until the new POE league in a few weeks. Will let you guys know how it is - fun so far about an hour in.

Looking forward to more impressions.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#353 » by MikeIsGood » Wed May 4, 2022 11:56 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I decided to jump into Rogue Legacy 2 since there's a reasonable launch sale. Should tide me over for what I'm playing on PC until the new POE league in a few weeks. Will let you guys know how it is - fun so far about an hour in.

I'm about 8 hours in now, and really enjoying it! I think to sum it up...

If you liked Rogue Legacy, or in general are a fan of Metroidvania-style rogue-likes, I think this will be a big hit. It improves on the original in seemingly every way. No sophomore slump here.

If you did not like Rogue Legacy, or in general are not a fan of Metroidvania-style rogue-likes, I think this should be a pass. Possible exception would be if you're a big platformer fan, which they've steered into quite a bit. Might be worth a chance then.

The original was long enough ago that I don't recall all of what was/was not a feature, so with that said, my favorite features so far (very minimal spoilers):
-- I like that it's not a total reset every run. You spend the gold you get to level up your descendants as a whole, to level up individual classes, to purchase equipment, and to purchase powers. Feels quite good.
-- I like that there are so many different classes. Some I love, some are fine, and one I hate. I imagine this is a playstyle and feel thing. And it may change as you level up I suppose.
-- There are tons of items you can get on individual runs. 8 hours in, I imagine I've discovered about 10-15, and it seems like 75% of what I discover still is a new one that I hadn't used yet. I haven't looked online at how many there are, but it seems like a lot. And they have effects ranging from things like 'walk on spikes' to 'gain 125 max life after picking up two potions (which drop from boxes/enemies), but until you do, your next hit will kill you'. Good stuff.
-- Procedural generation feels pretty good so far. The biomes are big enough to provide beef, but not so big to make runs feel like a drag.
-- I said it above, but they really steered into the platforming. I don't recall this from the first game at all. It can actually be pretty challenging at times. I'm enjoying it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#354 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 5, 2022 12:00 am

I have just about nothing to play I've discovered tonight. Hit the level cap in Tiny Tinas and the endgame isn't great. Combed through Xbox Live and didn't find anything. PS5 has collected dust for a year. I thought I had bought Triangle Strategy but it turns out I was just bored to tears by the demo. I fired up a couple games of Pilot Wings and Super Punchout.

This is bleek.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,293

Post#355 » by KidA24 » Thu May 5, 2022 12:20 am

Baba is You is phenomenal.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#356 » by crkone » Thu May 5, 2022 1:41 am

KidA24 wrote:Baba is You is phenomenal.
Yep. So damn clever of a game. Another underrated hit is Return of the Obra Dinn.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,826

Post#357 » by tydett » Thu May 5, 2022 4:27 pm

Should be finishing Skyward Sword this evening. I hated it to start, but have come to begrudgingly like it. Only complaint is I wish there were more than the 3 primary regions - a lot of sameyness and re-exploration. Can definitely see how it's a precursor to BotW.

Moving on to hopefully finishing Dying Light 2 and then maybe trying No Man's Sky (haven't played since the disastrous launch) and Guardians of the Galaxy.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#358 » by jschligs » Thu May 5, 2022 4:38 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Overwatch 2 pvp beta started and work productivity may have gone down slightly.

Initial thoughts? I was a diehard OW player for years. Lost interest just due to boredom. The first few gameplay videos I saw looked almost too similar to the first. I know it wasn't a huge update but it might be tough to get back into it.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#359 » by FrieAaron » Thu May 5, 2022 7:01 pm

jschligs wrote:

Initial thoughts? I was a diehard OW player for years. Lost interest just due to boredom. The first few gameplay videos I saw looked almost too similar to the first. I know it wasn't a huge update but it might be tough to get back into it.

Yeah, the first phase of it is just basically testing the new engine and 5v5. The new content so far is Sojourn and 4 new maps (including 2 maps for a new game mode, push). Orisa and Bastion have been reworked to entirely new kits and Doom was moved to tank. They said there will be future content drops between Overwatch League stages, which will roughly be every other month. Don't know if each one of those will be a new hero and multiple maps each time or what. They also said there's a second new game mode coming as well, but we don't know what yet. Nothing on the PVE yet.

So far I'm liking how it plays a lot but it's an adjustment. One less tank means you have less shields to shoot and players have more agency. It really opens up more opportunities to flank and take duels and picks matter a lot more. That also means fights that previously would have felt over are now very winnable.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#360 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 7, 2022 12:44 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

I'm about 8 hours in now, and really enjoying it! I think to sum it up...

If you liked Rogue Legacy, or in general are a fan of Metroidvania-style rogue-likes, I think this will be a big hit. It improves on the original in seemingly every way. No sophomore slump here.

If you did not like Rogue Legacy, or in general are not a fan of Metroidvania-style rogue-likes, I think this should be a pass. Possible exception would be if you're a big platformer fan, which they've steered into quite a bit. Might be worth a chance then.

The original was long enough ago that I don't recall all of what was/was not a feature, so with that said, my favorite features so far (very minimal spoilers):
-- I like that it's not a total reset every run. You spend the gold you get to level up your descendants as a whole, to level up individual classes, to purchase equipment, and to purchase powers. Feels quite good.
-- I like that there are so many different classes. Some I love, some are fine, and one I hate. I imagine this is a playstyle and feel thing. And it may change as you level up I suppose.
-- There are tons of items you can get on individual runs. 8 hours in, I imagine I've discovered about 10-15, and it seems like 75% of what I discover still is a new one that I hadn't used yet. I haven't looked online at how many there are, but it seems like a lot. And they have effects ranging from things like 'walk on spikes' to 'gain 125 max life after picking up two potions (which drop from boxes/enemies), but until you do, your next hit will kill you'. Good stuff.
-- Procedural generation feels pretty good so far. The biomes are big enough to provide beef, but not so big to make runs feel like a drag.
-- I said it above, but they really steered into the platforming. I don't recall this from the first game at all. It can actually be pretty challenging at times. I'm enjoying it.

Picked this up yesterday and like the first, it wasn't clicking. I'd unlocked a bunch of stuff but didn't feel like I was really progressing. Then I got my first two Heirlooms, and things started to make more sense. Unlocked some weird items on the same run I hadn't seen before. Now I'm hooked.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks