ImageImage

OT: Video games/computers/gadgets/gizmos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Re: OT: Video games/computers/gadgets/gizmos 

Post#381 » by machu46 » Sun May 15, 2022 2:52 pm

If anyone is looking for a silly party game, Boomerang Fu is the best $3 game I’ve ever bought. Local multiplayer only but it’s perfect for a Switch game night with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#382 » by Sauce Boss » Tue May 17, 2022 2:34 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Redfall and Starfield both delayed until 2023. Not surprised, but it’s really thinning out the back half of the year.

Picked up Songs of Conquest now that it’s in early access. Haven’t tried it yet, but will post an impression eventually since I know Mike and a few others are interested.

Nice! Yes, very interested to hear how it is. It sounds like it's pretty far along in development as far as the campaigns within go, but still a year out likely from 1.0. Curious to hear/see what they're still working on and how well it all works in EA.

I’ll note I’ve never played HoMM, but I’m quite enjoying myself three hours in. The game is highly functional; you can play a full campaign, which some early access games can’t boast. I appreciate that it’s accessible, compared to some strategy games that get overwhelming with systems. It’s a good foundation with room to grow, worth the $30 to support the development.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#383 » by KidA24 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:55 am

machu46 wrote:If anyone is looking for a silly party game, Boomerang Fu is the best $3 game I’ve ever bought. Local multiplayer only but it’s perfect for a Switch game night with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astro Bears Party is an absolutely amazing $1 switch party game that even grandpa can figure out.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#384 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 17, 2022 12:36 pm

A fun thing about Salt and Sacrifice is how after you beat a boss, they just start spawning in the open world. It's often a pain in the ass, but now I've killed so many that they're often spawning where other boss fights occur. I just hide in a corner and let the two biggies go at it.

Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#385 » by Sauce Boss » Tue May 17, 2022 7:02 pm

Anyone play NBA 2k22 on Switch? It’s $9 on the eShop and I’m tempted to grab it. I haven’t played one in years because 2k’s quality degraded and I burned out on the yearly sports game cycle, but I do have the itch to play GM and the barrier to entry is low at $9 (not like blowing $60 at launch).
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#386 » by WRau1 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:23 am

Been traveling a lot lately so I haven't had the chance to play pretty much anything, has anyone posted about V Rising? It looks great, think I might pick up the founder's pack.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#387 » by jschligs » Wed May 18, 2022 1:03 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Anyone play NBA 2k22 on Switch? It’s $9 on the eShop and I’m tempted to grab it. I haven’t played one in years because 2k’s quality degraded and I burned out on the yearly sports game cycle, but I do have the itch to play GM and the barrier to entry is low at $9 (not like blowing $60 at launch).

I usually pick up the Switch version of 2k when it gets this low. The game is passable. The actual gameplay on the court is like the older 2ks, the GM mode is decent enough. I think I typically get like 40-60 hours out of it when I'm bored.

I play a lot in bed, and I think at $9 it is 100% worth it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#388 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 18, 2022 1:31 pm

It's also on Game Pass.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#389 » by Nightfall » Thu May 19, 2022 3:43 pm

In case someone is interested, starting today (and for a week), Borderlands 3 is free on Epic Store
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#390 » by humanrefutation » Fri May 20, 2022 4:51 am

My wife bought me an Oculus Quest 2 for my birthday. It's been really fun to mess around with. Any here have any recommendations for games or apps to try out?
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#391 » by stellation » Fri May 20, 2022 4:57 am

jschligs wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Anyone play NBA 2k22 on Switch? It’s $9 on the eShop and I’m tempted to grab it. I haven’t played one in years because 2k’s quality degraded and I burned out on the yearly sports game cycle, but I do have the itch to play GM and the barrier to entry is low at $9 (not like blowing $60 at launch).

I usually pick up the Switch version of 2k when it gets this low. The game is passable. The actual gameplay on the court is like the older 2ks, the GM mode is decent enough. I think I typically get like 40-60 hours out of it when I'm bored.

I play a lot in bed, and I think at $9 it is 100% worth it.

My son has a Switch and has been getting the alternate years, he has also said the GM mode is pretty good (he's in to roster building/looking at data) and he enjoys doing that bit and just dropping in for the occasional game.

I'd say it's more than worth it at $9.
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#392 » by AussieBuck » Fri May 20, 2022 5:05 am

humanrefutation wrote:My wife bought me an Oculus Quest 2 for my birthday. It's been really fun to mess around with. Any here have any recommendations for games or apps to try out?

Thrill of the fight is a super fun boxing game that's a great upper body workout but I had to quit it because i got carried away and threw out my left elbow. Haven't played since but I found initially Superhot was addictive and very fun. Everyone loves that one.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#393 » by ReasonablySober » Sun May 22, 2022 8:04 pm

Replaying Elden Ring for a third time. It's crazy how much easier the game is when you start as a samurai and can dual wield uchigatanas from the outset.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#394 » by vital_signs » Sun May 22, 2022 8:39 pm

humanrefutation wrote:My wife bought me an Oculus Quest 2 for my birthday. It's been really fun to mess around with. Any here have any recommendations for games or apps to try out?

Beyond jealous but I also am anti FB and hate that you need an account to have one so I refuse to succumb.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#395 » by WRau1 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:40 pm

Plague Tale is $5 on Humble Bundle.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#396 » by Siefer » Mon May 23, 2022 9:49 pm

Iron Lung is $6, takes less than an hour to play, and freaked me the **** out. 10/10
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#397 » by MikeIsGood » Fri May 27, 2022 1:32 am

I found out today about a new FF7 mod for PC, and I think some here may be interested - especially those who weren't fans of FF7R because it played differently than the original.

It's certainly not the same as SE remaking the game and staying more true to the original, but they really did do a good job here of updating things. It takes the best of about a dozen FF7 mods - which has been notoriously hard to mod because of its age and the port-of-ports coding - and puts it all into an easy to install and launch package. Updated models, backgrounds, FMVs (30 FPS), sound, original PSX music files, redone-but-32bit-consistent battle effects, and more. Check it out if you still like to play FF7 (on PC), or think you may like to now.

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20434.0

dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#398 » by dbrodz7 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:50 am

Beat Saber, Synth Rider, and Pistol Whip are some of the better ones I've played if you want something active to upbeat music. Richie's Plank is cool to walk out above a sky scraper on a plank and there's a mode where you can fly around like Iron Man. Eleven is a must have if you like ping pong, it's incredible how realistic to real ping pong it is. Walk About Mini Golf is good if you like mini golfing.
Misery loves company
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#399 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 27, 2022 6:02 pm

Welcome to my weekend.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#400 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 27, 2022 9:16 pm

I've got a Macbook Air and obviously I don't expect it to have great sound. But now I'm very annoyed that the sound, via the macOS, isn't as good as it should be. I could barely hear dialogue in the movies I was watching if I had something else on in the room, like a fan. So I downloaded an app that included an equalizer and sound enhancer, and the difference in audio is night and day. Sounds like a totally different computer.

I can accept **** audio if it was a hardware issue. This computer is tiny, so whatever. But when I find out that a (paid) 3rd party app improves things significantly, I get pissed.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks