ImageImage

PG Sixers: Bucks Choke Down The Stretch

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,722

Re: PG Sixers: Bucks Choke Down The Stretch 

Post#121 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:32 am

Also Gianni chewing gum in the 4th quarter is now the secret to him becoming a lethal shooter.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#122 » by Plossum » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:36 am

Dear god some of you are sooks. Khris is coming off a 23/7/5 playoffs where we won the damn championship and you're all eager to trade the dude when he has a few mediocre mid season games.

This is exactly what the Laker fans used to do to Pau and it was exhausting.

Reach into your pants, check your balls are still there and ride this out. We're coming off a championship playoff run that ended a month later than it normally does, which then fed into two of our top 3 dude jetting straight to the Olympics.

They're not robots. They're feeling the pinch of a short turnaround of what was a pretty epic season of basketball.

Chill the **** out, show some loyalty and try enjoy the ride.
#LockUpChuck
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#123 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:38 am

There's no shame in this loss. We lost on a missed buzzer beater to a title contender with arguably the best player in the NBA.
Read on Twitter
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#124 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:39 am

Matches Malone wrote:Bringing the bubble backcourt back this year, feels like a misstep.

Wes started in the bubble. Now I doubt he makes the postseason rotation.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#125 » by Bucksmaniac » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:42 am

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:The Bucks were 37-23 through 60 games last season. They're currently 36-24 heading into the break. I'm not sure why anyone is panicking.

We have the hardest finish to the season in terms of remaining opponents, context matters.
And? We're perfectly capable of finishing strong provided good health.

We already know two solid rotation players who probably won’t be available for most of the stretch run, bound to be at least another injury or two that factors in unfortunately.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,648

Post#126 » by chonestown » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:43 am

It was thrilling, yet frustrating. I was entertained, yet flumoxxed. Certain plays left me astonished, while others brought on disgust. It was but one game, but the result seemed deeper than that or possibly not. People can say they won't miss the Bucks while they're on break, but that's hogwash unless the Bodeans are doing week-long residency in town I haven't checked <Dave Letterman voice> Giannis, Llanas. Llanas, Giannis.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#127 » by ibanezjp » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:55 am

My lord, reading the first couple pages of this thread reminded me really quick why I never come on here anymore. Pure lunacy from some of you!! Glad they’re a couple level headed people here trying to talk some sense. People way overreacting and talking like this is the Kidd/Hammond Bucks. We just won a championship!!! Cmon people!
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#128 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:56 am

Playing Wiggington and Nwora down the stretch is just... no.

Need Allen, Hill, and Wes to rest up for the next 9 days and get right. Because I won't watch Nwora games any more. He just never makes the basic play you need to make to play NBA ball. And he is still sooo bad defensively. Can't believe he still has fans here.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#129 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:49 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:
To keep a guy that’s being paid near max dollars to take nights off in terms of effort?

He can take the whole regular season off AFAIC
as long as he's ready when it matters

The East isn't the same anymore. And sometimes being overly lax bites you hard when it matters most. Imagine a first-round series against Toronto or Brooklyn.

Not advocating a trade, but Khris was putrid tonight on both sides. He literally watched Melton get an offensive rebound that he mishandled and scored. And his really poor shooting literally lost the game down the stretch (Bobby also built a brick house).

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just draw up plays for Gianni in the clutch. I legit trusted him way more to make a jumper than anyone else.

He didn't look overly lax to me, he looked like he was about to pass out. Thats the same guy who caught a plane to Japan immediately after the Finals, if anything I'd let him skip a few more games entirely. Not everybody has the same motor and stamina as Giannis, Khris certainly doesn't, which is nothing new.

Also, if you look at the standings at the moment, if you want to avoid playing Brooklyn or Toronto in the first round you need to go down in the standings, not up.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,028

Post#130 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:00 am

For the love of god when is Brook back? Imagine actually being able to tandem an actual 7 footer with Giannis helping against Embiid.

I'm waiting for the Bucks to announce the tragedy that Brook and Hill both passed away last week, and we now have four open roster spots available, that we won't fill, in memory of our fallen players.
Circling calendars since 2021
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#131 » by Plossum » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:28 am

mediocrityrules wrote:For the love of god when is Brook back? Imagine actually being able to tandem an actual 7 footer with Giannis helping against Embiid.

I'm waiting for the Bucks to announce the tragedy that Brook and Hill both passed away last week, and we now have four open roster spots available, that we won't fill, in memory of our fallen players.

Woj: Hill and Lopez have passed away.
Bucks PR: Both players are making progress.
#LockUpChuck
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#132 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:29 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:He can take the whole regular season off AFAIC
as long as he's ready when it matters

The East isn't the same anymore. And sometimes being overly lax bites you hard when it matters most. Imagine a first-round series against Toronto or Brooklyn.

Not advocating a trade, but Khris was putrid tonight on both sides. He literally watched Melton get an offensive rebound that he mishandled and scored. And his really poor shooting literally lost the game down the stretch (Bobby also built a brick house).

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just draw up plays for Gianni in the clutch. I legit trusted him way more to make a jumper than anyone else.

He didn't look overly lax to me, he looked like he was about to pass out. Thats the same guy who caught a plane to Japan immediately after the Finals, if anything I'd let him skip a few more games entirely. Not everybody has the same motor and stamina as Giannis, Khris certainly doesn't, which is nothing new.

Also, if you look at the standings at the moment, if you want to avoid playing Brooklyn or Toronto in the first round you need to go down in the standings, not up.

To be sure the All-Star Break is going to help tremendously.

As far as the first round, my point was more to illustrate that there isn't going to be a cakewalk team waiting. I'm of the somewhat old-school notion that iron sharpens iron, so I personally wouldn't be afraid of any match-up. Especially when the best player alive is on your squad.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,083

Post#133 » by FrieAaron » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:29 am

Man, feels like we bricked at least 10 open threes throughout the game that had momentum changing potential.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#134 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:45 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:To be sure the All-Star Break is going to help tremendously.

As far as the first round, my point was more to illustrate that there isn't going to be a cakewalk team waiting. I'm of the somewhat old-school notion that iron sharpens iron, so I personally wouldn't be afraid of any match-up. Especially when the best player alive is on your squad.

Yeah looks like Bucks are the same, they chose to play Miami last year even though they beat us the year before 8-)

I guess what I was trying to say before is don't worry about the standings as such, the whole conference is ass backwards at the moment... you could take the 1st seed with a record year and get bounced 0-4 in the 1st round by the Nets who suddenly decide to all show up healthy and sane and vaccinated (or NY lifting the vax ban). Worrying about how the team actually plays is another story, I get it, but it's also really hard to gauge how good the team actually is with all those guys missing :dontknow:
We might be **** now and be total monsters in 3 months, who the **** knows...
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#135 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:51 am

FrieAaron wrote:Man, feels like we bricked at least 10 open threes throughout the game that had momentum changing potential.

Bobby and Khris were 3-19 from deep for 17%. Even a below average shooting night (say they both made 1-2 more threes each) and it's a relatively comfortable win. Philly was slipping on a banana peel in crunch time, jumped off and Milwaukee blindly walked on it and slipped at the end.

Yeah looks like Bucks are the same, they chose to play Miami last year even though they beat us the year before 8-)

I guess what I was trying to say before is don't worry about the standings as such, the whole conference is ass backwards at the moment... you could take the 1st seed with a record year and get bounced 0-4 in the 1st round by the Nets who suddenly decide to all show up healthy and sane and vaccinated (or NY lifting the vax ban). Worrying about how the team actually plays is another story, I get it, but it's also really hard to gauge how good the team actually is with all those guys missing :dontknow:
We might be **** now and be total monsters in 3 months, who the **** knows...

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucks, after getting a couple of rotation guys back and Ibaka getting more comfortable, go on a somewhat stealthy run post-ASB and end up either first or second. My issues are some of the troubling trends for them this season that have been nagging.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#136 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:28 am

HurricaneKid wrote: Because I won't watch Nwora games any more. He just never makes the basic play you need to make to play NBA ball. And he is still sooo bad defensively. Can't believe he still has fans here.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

If I was in a game where I had a chance to win million dollars by beating an NBA player off the dribble for a lay up, but I could pick any player in the NBA to guard me, I would honestly choose Nwora.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,224

Post#137 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:37 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
Chad34 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:If Giannis got the triple double that may have been an equalizer for the MVP race but instead embiid clearly won this round and should be #1.

Hopefully round two goes Giannis way.

giannis seemed more clutch , but his teammates couldn't knock down an open three. Xiang was philly's mvp tonight

Giannis in the 4th tonight: 16/4/2, 85%FG
Embiid faded in the end against a team without a proper center to guard him. He mainly scored with FTs and made a lot of turnovers in the 4th.

I don't think they went to Giannis enough at the end in the last 2 minutes. Missed 3s and some turnovers. (Giannis had one).

I was hoping just give it to Giannis and let him go to work...
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#138 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:12 am

Do any of you advance stat guys have the numbers on when Ibaka defended Embiid versus anyone else? Even though we’re playing 4-5 on offense, I though Serge did a good job bothering Embiid with his length. You saw the minute they put Bobby back in, Embiid just backed him down for an easy bucket. And Bud had to put Serge right back in. That’s my glass half full from last night
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#139 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:48 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Do any of you advance stat guys have the numbers on when Ibaka defended Embiid versus anyone else? Even though we’re playing 4-5 on offense, I though Serge did a good job bothering Embiid with his length. You saw the minute they put Bobby back in, Embiid just backed him down for an easy bucket. And Bud had to put Serge right back in. That’s my glass half full from last night

Bobby sucks at everything on D except blitzing the pick and roll. Having him brick jumpers on a night we have to play guys 12-17 on the roster because we have no perimeter guys was not ideal. That and Embiid missing his first jumper with 6 minutes to go and getting a whistle Giannis can only dream of kinda made this one of those nights. **** bummer. Middleton is a **** regular season dildo. I didn't have a seamless way to throw that in but it needed saying. So much sweat for so little effort.

Ibaka I'm fine with. Think he'll look better when we're not forced into big slow lineups. Great pickup.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#140 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:49 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:Not often you read a stat where Khris and Bobby combined to shoot for 3-19 from 3pt land. Yikes.

LMAO worthy +/- comparison. Instant credibility for the stat.

Gianni & Jrue: -9 & -12
Khris & Bobby: +7 & +4

That some people don't understand that it just records the score difference while a guy is on court is one of the great mysteries of the universe. **** aint complicated.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks