ImageImage

PG Sixers: Bucks Choke Down The Stretch

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Re: PG Sixers: Bucks Choke Down The Stretch 

Post#181 » by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:52 pm

M-C-G wrote:Jordan can absolutely have a role and be in the league a long time, in the Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, JR Smith, Mike Beasley. But something about this dude, just makes me unsure if that league is the NBA or China.

The difference I see in those guys you listed, is that they scored with a purpose. They knew how to get to their spots and when they got a hot hand, could just take a game over. Nwora acts like he's never going to touch a basketball ever again in his life. Every possession he gets, the ball is going up, even if the looks are atrocious. It's very frustrating. Add to the fact he's a turnstile on defense always chasing his man or missing assignments, and I think you're spot on with the China league :lol:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#182 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:57 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Man, feels like we bricked at least 10 open threes throughout the game that had momentum changing potential.

Khris, Bobby and Ibaka who seemed to be left alone the most last night shot:

1/9 on open 3p shots
3/13 on wide open 3p shots

Those shots were half of our entire 3p attempts.

Bobby and Ibaka were simply alone out there. Embiid left the paint only a couple of times to barely contest their shot.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#183 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Jordan can absolutely have a role and be in the league a long time, in the Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, JR Smith, Mike Beasley. But something about this dude, just makes me unsure if that league is the NBA or China.

The difference I see in those guys you listed, is that they scored with a purpose. They knew how to get to their spots and when they got a hot hand, could just take a game over. Nwora acts like he's never going to touch a basketball ever again in his life. Every possession he gets, the ball is going up, even if the looks are atrocious. It's very frustrating. Add to the fact he's a turnstile on defense always chasing his man or missing assignments, and I think you're spot on with the China league :lol:

What's weird, there were like two or three games in a row where he showed he could actually pass pretty well. I was kind of shocked, but yeah, in general he has a lot of the Jabari defense thing going on.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,403

Post#184 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Probably because as a scorer he bricks a ton of wide open shots and passes up easy looks for more difficult ones. The sample size is there.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,698

Post#185 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:22 pm

Mentioned a while back that the thing to monitor with Nwora, and what ultimately will determine his ability to be a complimentary role-player, is his catch & shoot efficiency. Now down to 36.6% on 3's (and 35.8% on all jumpers).......yeah, it's not happening. For whatever reason he just isn't a natural or comfortable shooter off the catch, and that's absolutely essential if he wants to play with any of the starters given his defensive limitations and poor shot selection. For me, the comparisons to guys like Crawford, JR, and Super Cool Beas fall flat because he's nowhere near as talented as any of those guys were.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#186 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:38 pm

[gfycat] hi[/gfycat]
GoldenAntlers wrote:
Probably because as a scorer he bricks a ton of wide open shots and passes up easy looks for more difficult ones. The sample size is there.

The sample shows a career 39% 3 point shooter.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#187 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Mentioned a while back that the thing to monitor with Nwora, and what ultimately will determine his ability to be a complimentary role-player, is his catch & shoot efficiency. Now down to 36.6% on 3's (and 35.8% on all jumpers).......yeah, it's not happening. For whatever reason he just isn't a natural or comfortable shooter off the catch, and that's absolutely essential if he wants to play with any of the starters given his defensive limitations and poor shot selection.

His efficiency soars when used as a starter.

The player he probably compares best to is TJ Warren. Both are 6'8" combo forwards with a knack for isolation scoring, while being only barely tolerable defensively. Hopefully Nwora doesn’t have the injury issues Warren has.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#188 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:46 pm

I think Nwora is just a guy that hasn't accepted his future is as a role player. So instead of working on side step back off balances threes off the dribble, he should be working on coming around a screen and getting set on the catch and shoot.

Definitely value in what he can do with the ball, but that isn't the path to staying in the league for him, unless he signs with Orlando and becomes their high usage guy on a 30 win team. Which I guess isn't much different than Tobias Harris.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#189 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:51 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Not often you read a stat where Khris and Bobby combined to shoot for 3-19 from 3pt land. Yikes.

LMAO worthy +/- comparison. Instant credibility for the stat.

Gianni & Jrue: -9 & -12
Khris & Bobby: +7 & +4

That some people don't understand that it just records the score difference while a guy is on court is one of the great mysteries of the universe. **** aint complicated.

Oh I know it's a terribly misleading stat, hence why I posted those results.

It's only misleading if you decide to infer something silly about it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#190 » by BucksFanSD » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:07 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Man, feels like we bricked at least 10 open threes throughout the game that had momentum changing potential.

1/9 on open 3p shots

Bobby and Ibaka were simply alone out there. Embiid left the paint only a couple of times to barely contest their shot.

These guys normally knock down shots. We still scored 120 last night, and a lot of that was because Nwora started for Grayson and shot well. If Khris, Bobby, and Ibaka make normal shots they make we score 130+ and beat the 76ers even with Embid's A+ shooting perfromance.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#191 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:43 pm

M-C-G wrote:I think Nwora is just a guy that hasn't accepted his future is as a role player. So instead of working on side step back off balances threes off the dribble, he should be working on coming around a screen and getting set on the catch and shoot.

Definitely value in what he can do with the ball, but that isn't the path to staying in the league for him, unless he signs with Orlando and becomes their high usage guy on a 30 win team. Which I guess isn't much different than Tobias Harris.

A common reason some players are better off the dribble than catch and shoot is because they practice alone.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,092

Post#192 » by BigO » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:47 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

1/9 on open 3p shots

These guys normally knock down shots. We still scored 120 last night, and a lot of that was because Nwora started for Grayson and shot well. If Khris, Bobby, and Ibaka make normal shots they make we score 130+ and beat the 76ers even with Embid's A+ shooting perfromance.

Once again, the problem last night wasn't the offense, it was the defense.

90% of the posts on here are about the Bucks shooting woes. Shooting hasn't been a problem all year and it wasn't last night. Giving up a 45 point and a 31 point quarter was the problem, as it has been for the last month. Every time the Bucks lose, it's oh, "if we just would have shot it better".
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#193 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:22 pm

BigO wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

1/9 on open 3p shots

90% of the posts on here are about the Bucks shooting woes. Shooting hasn't been a problem all year and it wasn't last night. Giving up a 45 point and a 31 point quarter was the problem, as it has been for the last month. Every time the Bucks lose, it's oh, "if we just would have shot it better".

Same thing you said last season. Then our defense dominated the playoffs.

I love that Bud is focusing on the offense in the regular season.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#194 » by Antinomy » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:42 am

It’s ridiculous to watch a 7-1 310lb man fall down 15 times a game at the slightest contact.

If the league was interested in improving its product, start with that garbage.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#195 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:35 am

BigO wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

1/9 on open 3p shots

Yep. The defense is trash right now. I don’t know if it’s missing Brook or PJ but we can’t get stops anymore and it’s the problem with our team right now. Hope we can fix it before the play in games.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#196 » by Daver » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:49 am

PG Graveyard wrote:
BigO wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:

Yep. The defense is trash right now. I don’t know if it’s missing Brook or PJ but we can’t get stops anymore and it’s the problem with our team right now. Hope we can fix it before the play in games.[/quote

I know last year this board was opeanly critical of bud not making adjustments on D .I know brook is out but has this board seen bud make any necessary adjustments or is he nack to 1 D fits all
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 674

Post#197 » by thonnisbeastley » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:57 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
M-C-G wrote:I think Nwora is just a guy that hasn't accepted his future is as a role player. So instead of working on side step back off balances threes off the dribble, he should be working on coming around a screen and getting set on the catch and shoot.

A common reason some players are better off the dribble than catch and shoot is because they practice alone.

Jordan Nwora: -.3 VORP
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#198 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:06 am

Daver wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
BigO wrote:

Yep. The defense is trash right now. I don’t know if it’s missing Brook or PJ but we can’t get stops anymore and it’s the problem with our team right now. Hope we can fix it before the play in games.[/quote

I know last year this board was opeanly critical of bud not making adjustments on D .I know brook is out but has this board seen bud make any necessary adjustments or is he back to 1 D fits all

We're playing something different each night. The players constantly push for switching, which is why Bud let them burn with it versus the Suns, so they become more willing to be multi scheme.

They've almost never hedged screens on the perimeter in the past, but did it flawlessly versus Steph this year. It's really been a nonstop experiment.

They've tried double teaming a few times lately, with really poor results, sort of. One byproduct of being skinned doubling is it makes players take pride in defending individually.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#199 » by M-C-G » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:46 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

I know last year this board was opeanly critical of bud not making adjustments on D .I know brook is out but has this board seen bud make any necessary adjustments or is he back to 1 D fits all

We're playing something different each night. The players constantly push for switching, which is why Bud let them burn with it versus the Suns, so they become more willing to be multi scheme.

They've almost never hedged screens on the perimeter in the past, but did it flawlessly versus Steph this year. It's really been a nonstop experiment.

They've tried double teaming a few times lately, with really poor results, sort of. One byproduct of being skinned doubling is it makes players take pride in defending individually.

Whatever the defense is that switches without actually even making them set a pick and instantly puts a 6'2 guy on a 7 footer in the paint needs to stop.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#200 » by engelmartin » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:13 pm

The positive I take from this game is that if harden had been playing it’s likely he would have found a way to lose, or at least taken the ball out of Embiid’s hands
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History

Return to Milwaukee Bucks