PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Re: PG Sixers: Bucks Choke Down The Stretch 

Post#201 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Daver wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
BigO wrote:
Once again, the problem last night wasn't the offense, it was the defense.

90% of the posts on here are about the Bucks shooting woes. Shooting hasn't been a problem all year and it wasn't last night. Giving up a 45 point and a 31 point quarter was the problem, as it has been for the last month. Every time the Bucks lose, it's oh, "if we just would have shot it better".

Yep. The defense is trash right now. I don’t know if it’s missing Brook or PJ but we can’t get stops anymore and it’s the problem with our team right now. Hope we can fix it before the play in games.[/quote

I know last year this board was opeanly critical of bud not making adjustments on D .I know brook is out but has this board seen bud make any necessary adjustments or is he nack to 1 D fits all

Bud is just a bad coach who is constantly reacting to what other teams do. That’s why we were awful in every game 1 of the playoffs last year. That’s why Nick Nurse runs circles around him every time we play them. Everyone has injuries and Covid (other than the Suns) and other good teams are able to adjust better.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#202 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:36 pm

engelmartin wrote:The positive I take from this game is that if harden had been playing it’s likely he would have found a way to lose, or at least taken the ball out of Embiid’s hands

Sixers were actually trying to lose that game in the 4th, but the Bucks' mental lapses (stupid fouls in the bonus) and random defensive switches derailed the possible win. That and two of Milwaukee's best shooters (Khris/Bobby) decided to have their worst shooting performance collectively while Niang had the game of his life. Heh, the way Gianni was shooting the ball in the fourth I would've drawn up plays to have him shoot, not inbound the ball.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
KendallMarshall
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#203 » by KendallMarshall » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:35 pm

Plossum wrote:Dear god some of you are sooks. Khris is coming off a 23/7/5 playoffs where we won the damn championship and you're all eager to trade the dude when he has a few mediocre mid season games.

This is exactly what the Laker fans used to do to Pau and it was exhausting.

Reach into your pants, check your balls are still there and ride this out. We're coming off a championship playoff run that ended a month later than it normally does, which then fed into two of our top 3 dude jetting straight to the Olympics.

They're not robots. They're feeling the pinch of a short turnaround of what was a pretty epic season of basketball.

Chill the **** out, show some loyalty and try enjoy the ride.

Post of the year right here, I was going to post something similar in regards to middleton and the short turnaround, but you worded it perfectly.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,401

Post#204 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:25 pm

Thinking back on this game and anyone who might be over-reacting to the loss, it's important to remember that although James Harden did not play, neither did Pat C, Hill, Grayson, Bembry, or Lopez. That's 5 of the top 10 guys on the team. If Wigginton has to close out the game, the Bucks might not win.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#205 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:30 pm

KendallMarshall wrote:
Plossum wrote:Dear god some of you are sooks. Khris is coming off a 23/7/5 playoffs where we won the damn championship and you're all eager to trade the dude when he has a few mediocre mid season games.

This is exactly what the Laker fans used to do to Pau and it was exhausting.

Reach into your pants, check your balls are still there and ride this out. We're coming off a championship playoff run that ended a month later than it normally does, which then fed into two of our top 3 dude jetting straight to the Olympics.

They're not robots. They're feeling the pinch of a short turnaround of what was a pretty epic season of basketball.

Chill the **** out, show some loyalty and try enjoy the ride.

Post of the year right here, I was going to post something similar in regards to middleton and the short turnaround, but you worded it perfectly.

Keep in mind, some of us aren't necessarily big on trading Khris, but saw an opportunity from the Kings to get a guy who will be better than both Khris and Jrue and have him next to Giannis for the next 10 years. Those moments don't come up often (think Bogut and Steph). Do we walk away from any possible trade due to loyalty? Maybe so, but maybe not.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks