ImageImage

PG Cowtown - Big 3 Roll To Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Re: PG Cowtown - Big 3 Roll To Win 

Post#81 » by Giannisland34 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:58 pm

I think a lot of you guys are being to hard of Zora and Lisa. They aren’t terrible. Both Jim and Ted Davis were top notch. That’s hard to measure up to, especially immediately.
So since having Sirius radio in my vehicle. I listen to the starting lineup with Frank & Brian. They have this segment called the battle of broadcasters. So you hear a lot of both tv and radio from around the league on the same call. There’s some really bad commentators out there. What we have now is average but they are new and will improve.
I loved the part where Marques. Brought up something about a rubber band on a Giannis free throw miss, rebound and put back. Going into some Bootsie and P-Funk thing.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#82 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:04 pm

I had no idea who was doing the commentating but it was in fact bad. People making excuses for it, you aren’t doing women in the profession any favors like you think you are, you are just trying to get others to lower the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#83 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:05 pm

tydett wrote:
blazza18 wrote:That driving baby hook Giannis hit late over Giannis would be such a killer shot for him in a potential Miami or Toronto series.

Think Bam or Boucher play a bit taller than Lyles and so he might not get it as easily, but very important for keeping his head on as a scoring threat.
With his wingspan he can get off his baby hook over anyone. For whatever reason only lately has he been using it.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#84 » by Perseus1966 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:13 pm

its just logic
Hubie sucks
Heat guy with kaboom sucks
our Nick sucks
raptors comentators sucks
Bald VG hate us
95% of reporters hate us
I liked very much the blond girl with pedicure ,she was fun (Katie george)
I like Melanie Ricks too.
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#85 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:02 pm

Lisa is a polished announcer with no NBA knowledge

Zora is not polished, but has extensive NBA and Bucks knowledge

I'd rather roll with Zora, who has significantly better chemistry with Marques for the forseeable future

I really hope Lisa does not return next season, the amount of incorrect announcing and knowledge she shares should be just plain unacceptable. Another unsuccessful Gus Johnson experiment.

If I was Bucks owners, I'd back up the brink truck to get Brian Anderson on board for 60 games.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#86 » by LittleRooster » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:08 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Lisa is a polished announcer with no NBA knowledge

I'd rather roll with Zora, who has significantly better chemistry with Marques for the forseeable future

I really hope Lisa does not return next season, the amount of incorrect announcing and knowledge she shares should be just plain unacceptable. Another unsuccessful Gus Johnson experiment.

If I was Bucks owners, I'd back up the brink truck to get Brian Anderson on board for 60 games.

I agree.

And the new radio guy, while not bad, sounds bland to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#87 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:37 pm

I'm all for the Brian Anderson idea but oof, last night's broadcast was so bad I had trouble taking the game seriously. Lisa > Zora, I think the chemistry with Lisa and Marques has been much better the last few weeks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,405

Post#88 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:55 pm

BA would be great but a pipedream. He's cut back Brewers broadcasts to the bone because he wants to do national games. He's done baseball on TBS, basketball on TNT, College Hoops on TBS/TNT, college hoops on BTN, college hoops on Fox and NFL football on CBS. I don't believe he'd take a step back and do Bucks basketball no matter the money.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,870

Post#89 » by Dick Tate » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:03 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Just wanna say that Jim and Marques will never be topped

Kevin Calabro with Marques Johnson (Sonics - Late '90s) is my all-time fav duo.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#90 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:24 pm

Don't care if I get flamed for this post, but one of the challenges that woman broadcasters have is that for most, their voice is at a higher register, that doesn't always carry so well through a TV or radio speaker. Just like when watching a live band, sometimes the guitar can't cut through the bass and drums.

Think Zora is great on the commentary, but when you watch a game with a roomful of people, her voice doesn't cut through the mix, and can be hard to understand. It contributed to why she was so bad when wearing a mask during Covid. Lisa is a bit better but still sometimes gets lost in the mix. One reason Doris Burke excels is she has a lower register voice. It cuts through.

In summary, there is a reason the "Ron Burgundy" or "Kent Brockman" types have been predominant in radio or TV broadcasting. The voice can cut through.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#91 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:28 pm

tydett wrote:Both the Kings broadcasters were terrible.

They had a fantastic play by play guy, Grant Napear. But for reasons that need to be discussed on the Current Events Board, he got canned two years ago. Part of his downfall was self inflicted, part of it was the fact he didn't get along with our friend Boogie Cousins and they had an ongoing feud.

Kayte was the sideline reporter and was damn good at it, but with the broadcasting shakeup they moved her to color analyst. They may have promoted her above her abilities, but then again she likely gets better with time.

MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#92 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:03 pm

I didn't realize people cared about and scrutinized the performance of sideline reporters/stand-in commentators this much
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#93 » by DrWood » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:03 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Don't care if I get flamed for this post, but one of the challenges that woman broadcasters have is that for most, their voice is at a higher register, that doesn't always carry so well through a TV or radio speaker.

You might want to get your hearing checked, seriously. Higher pitches penetrate better than lower ones. That's why if you hear a chorus you can pick out the sopranos the most. Well, unless you have a problem hearing high-pitched sounds.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#94 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:16 am

DrWood wrote:Higher pitches penetrate better than lower ones. That's why if you hear a chorus you can pick out the sopranos the most. Well, unless you have a problem hearing high-pitched sounds.

Right, but we're not doing opera. Excerpt from a couple voice scientists:

Using this device, Gregory and his colleague Webster found that in conversations and meetings, people rapidly match each other’s low-frequency sounds. Why? In order to have a productive conversation or meeting, we need to literally be on the same wavelength. As Gregory says, “Without the low-frequency sound, it makes it harder for two people to complete a task. Our research showed that when the lower frequency is eliminated in people’s interactions, they’re not as able to complete a task in as timely a manner or in as accurate a manner, even though they can hear it very crisply.” Gregory and Webster found that humans need the lower-frequency sounds to add some very important emotional aspects to their communications.

That, by the way, is why phone conversations are so much less satisfying that in-person conversations. Of course, the lack of body language input is important too, but phone technology does a poor job of transmitting lower frequencies, so the result is that a phone voice is emotionally unsatisfying.

glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#95 » by glenn » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:51 am

Oh good god
:reporter:
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#96 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:17 am

I agree with everything but the Brian Anderson. Find out own person, and that person is definitely not Lisa.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#97 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:20 am

soxperry wrote:
Antinomy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:The Fiserv hype girl is not cut out for it. Zora isn't really cut out for play-by-play either, but she still works fine with Marques.

Leave my hype girl alone!

uhhhhhhh...

so i may not have seen her first, but i definitely noticed her first.. she's special and i get this sense that she knows that i know that and would welcome my advances. maybe it's just me. doubt it.

anyway, stay away from my girl.

Sorry guys, Mel once liked my comment on Instagram, we have a connection now. We will probably be married soon.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#98 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 am

Rehire Ted Davis, but to do TV.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#99 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:34 am

BigO wrote:Thoughts:

4) DDV had a good game but it was an anomaly, maybe because he had wide open shots. I give Grayson Allen credit for not forcing shots, but why can't the Bucks get him more open looks? If he can't get you 14 points a game, is he worth playing so much?

I see a lot of posters calling for Grayson to get more shots, and I'm not sure we're thinking this through. Grayson plays most of his minutes with the starters, where he's the 4th best 3 point shooter, and 5th most efficient offensive player. Getting him more shots is bad math.

Now, I completely agree with BigO's question of why do we continue to start him? Start a defender, and use Allen to sub for any of the big 3, when more scoring is needed.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#100 » by JayMKE » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:22 am

Zora has good chemistry with Marques and I think they enjoy working together but she's got a long way to go, not that they don't but Lisa doesn't really leave much of an impression. It was going to be tough no matter who replaced Paschke, dude was here forever calling games back when Marques was still playing which got more out of him in turn too. They brought in a high profile guy in Gus Johnson once and it was pretty bad, can't just plug anybody in there.
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks