ATL - PLAYOFFS

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Re: ATL - PLAYOFFS 

Post#1921 » by tedbrogen » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:43 am

Coach Carter wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Horford played 41 minutes lol. Boston better hope Williams is back soon and can perform well again.

He always tends to run out of steam, whereby he's cooked by game 3 or 4.

Yep. 2019 Horford looked like a Giannis stopper in game one then he got really tired, real quick, and was a negative for them in the second halves the rest of the series. A very big reason the Bucks shut down Kyrie so badly was because they kept playing drop zone on him and leaving Horford wide open at the top of the key. He’d hit a few to start the game then get tired and start bricking and eventually stop shooting, so Kyrie wouldn’t even pass it to him.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#1922 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:43 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
tydett wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I love Jrue, and I'm infinitely grateful for a championship, but how unstoppable would we be with CP3 and all of our draft picks intact?

Notoriously prickly and hard to work with Giannis would've pouted his way out of Milwaukee if the Bucks had obtained CP.

Plus he said he picked PHO because he wanted to be as close to his family in LA as possible.
He'd bolt at first opportunity.

There were rumours he wanted to come to Milwaukee so I don't think that would be the case at all.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,917

Post#1923 » by RiotPunch » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 am

blazza18 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
tydett wrote:
Notoriously prickly and hard to work with Giannis would've pouted his way out of Milwaukee if the Bucks had obtained CP.

Plus he said he picked PHO because he wanted to be as close to his family in LA as possible.

There were rumours he wanted to come to Milwaukee so I don't think that would be the case at all.

Yeah, we were near the top of preferred destinations for Paul. All of the arguments regarding his personality are well-founded, and Giannis wanted to be the unquestionable alpha, but I think greatness recognizes greatness and Giannis would have admired his work ethic. Houston derailed because Paul is grinding 24/7, and Harden was either eating grinders or grinding with chicks at the titty bar.

The way Paul sees the game, controls the ball, he would've unlocked a Giannis we haven't fully seen yet. Plus, we'd have draft capital to add more talent. Jrue is obviously a fabulous defender, great teammate, great human being, and easy to root for-- but he doesn't have those true PG instincts.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,870

Post#1924 » by Plossum » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:45 am

CP3 would’ve killed it here. Like him or not the guy has been a pro his whole career and never dogged it. If he signed with us he’d have known it’d be his best and remaining chance for a ring.
#LockUpChuck
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#1925 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:51 am

I would have liked to have CP3. Have always loved him as a player.

I like having Jrue too and we won a title with him so I'm pretty content.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#1926 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:01 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
tydett wrote:

I take Milwaukee being on his list with a grain of salt. Always felt like a PR thing to mention a small town team to make it look like it was only about winning.

I think the biggest thing was CPs age. I for one did not think he would still be this good.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,892

Post#1927 » by jschligs » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:02 pm

I like to think we win a ring with either Jrue or CP3 last year. I think CP3s ability to create offsets the downgrade in defense vs Jrue. I can only imagine how it would look with CP3 initiating the offense and canning mid-range jumpers all night. Dude is an insanely smart player.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1928 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:03 pm

I have a hard timing wishing that CP3 was here since we won a championship with Jrue. There's no telling how things would've ended up with CP3, likely another injury deep in the playoffs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1929 » by tedbrogen » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:14 pm

WRau1 wrote:I have a hard timing wishing that CP3 was here since we won a championship with Jrue. There's no telling how things would've ended up with CP3, likely another injury deep in the playoffs.

Which he did have in the finals. His wrist was messed up and he definitely lost the ball on a critical possession late in a close game because of it. I believe it was the game that Booker committed 19 fouls.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#1930 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:15 pm

Glad I don't have to root for Paul. **** that guy.

Also, I'm soooooo glad my stupid family wanted to watch the Brewers' 10th game of the season instead of Brooklyn/Boston fml.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#1931 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:25 pm

WRau1 wrote:I have a hard timing wishing that CP3 was here since we won a championship with Jrue. There's no telling how things would've ended up with CP3, likely another injury deep in the playoffs.

Exactly. Technically trading for CP3 would have been the correct move over Jrue since Cp2 has been the better player, is a better on court fit, and he'd cost massively less in the trade. But, its impossible to know the butterfly effect and it's very possible they don't win the title going this route. Who knows what would've happened.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,695

Post#1932 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:51 pm

Nah... GA/Khris/Jrue have found a very sensitive balance in sharing the ball, and it took them a while (if you heard Jrue talking about it), and it's a different thing every game, and they're now doing it by instinct without even talking to each other especially at the end of games. These things are inexplicable black magic, you don't **** with those things. It clicked, we're lucky, enjoy, period. No hindsight.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#1933 » by drew881 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:55 pm

DingleJerry wrote:

Exactly. Technically trading for CP3 would have been the correct move over Jrue since Cp2 has been the better player, is a better on court fit, and he'd cost massively less in the trade. But, its impossible to know the butterfly effect and it's very possible they don't win the title going this route. Who knows what would've happened.

We would have had a lot more media exposure chasing a title with CP3. And Giannis and Khris would have received less credit. So I’m glad it worked out the way that it did.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1934 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:42 pm

Looking back and knowing what we know now, I am so happy that Giannis title was not tainted with the "Giannis needed the Bucks to go get Chris Paul so he could win a title".

Because that would've followed him forever, until he won a title without him

Jrue carries no such addendum
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,802

Post#1935 » by Prez » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:50 pm

I’m obviously cool with how things played out (we won a **** championship lol), but I will say CP3 with Giannis/Khris/Brook and some decent role guys would be a cheat code. CP3/Giannis PnR would be beyond OP.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,773

Post#1936 » by RubberSoul » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:50 pm

I wonder if KD’s lack of physical strength which was exposed by Boston will be discussed by the media as much as Giannis’s jumper is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#1937 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:56 pm

Prez wrote:I’m obviously cool with how things played out (we won a **** championship lol), but I will say CP3 with Giannis/Khris/Brook and some decent role guys would be a cheat code. CP3/Giannis PnR would be beyond OP.

I mean, ya. Just replace 2014 Blake with Giannis. Yikes.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#1938 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:09 pm

Miles Bridges fined only $50k for throwing his mouth guard at a fan, wonder if Kyrie gets fined at all for flipping off the fans.
I'm totally fine with players kicking fans out by pointing them out to an usher/ref but you have to have it both ways. If a fans throws any object that hits Bridges he is probably banned for life from the arena. Just a bad look for players to have this kind of relationship with customers.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#1939 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:59 pm

Yep.

And the fact is, the Bucks brass knew CP3 was available in trade. If Giannis wanted him here, he would have been acquired instead of Jrue.

The great thing is the Bucks got a title. CP3 still doesn't have one. Case closed. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,556

Post#1940 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks