ImageImage

PG Memphis: Mitch McDeere fared better there.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

th87
General Manager
And1: 9,549

Re: PG Memphis: Mitch McDeere fared better there. 

Post#21 » by th87 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:56 am

Raptors won, Bulls won, making it marginally more difficult for the Nets to catch the 6 seed.

Bucks now at 3.

Not the worst outcome in the world.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#22 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:58 am

Just get to the playoffs healthy. This team just doesn’t give a **** a lot of nights.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#23 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:59 am

Two big time games coming up, at Philly and at Brooklyn. Top four teams are all right there for the #1 seed but it seems Boston is the only one that actually wants it, lol.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#24 » by ACGB » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:00 am

You try to watch college basketball instead of this and Duke wins too. Can't win either way.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#25 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:02 am

ACGB wrote:You try to watch college basketball instead of this and Duke wins too. Can't win either way.

I watched games from College due to March madness hype and holy cow it was disappointing, the lvl is extremely low
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#26 » by Jez2983 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:06 am

A lot of really bad shooting tonight.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,400

Post#27 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:10 am

Chad34 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
rilamann wrote:And you know it's a really weird season when the Memphis Grizzlies have the 2nd best record in the league.

They looks like a fun team tho, they play for eachother and their defense is on point.

their records no fluke, and they might be the youngest team
Nobody on the roster is over the age of 29.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,286

Post#28 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:10 am

th87 wrote:Raptors won, Bulls won, making it marginally more difficult for the Nets to catch the 6 seed.

Bucks now at 3.

If we play the Nets the consolation is that we're the #1 or #2 seed.

If we're the #3 or #4 seed the consolation is we don't have to play the Nets, that's how I am looking at it lol.

Would be a gut punch though if we are the #3 or #4 seed and the Nets sneak into the #6 or #5 seed. You're right, the Nets getting #5 or #6 is unlikely. Bulls have enough of a lead with 8 games to go and the Raptors have small lead but a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, so we should be safe from the possibility of playing the Nets if we're #3 or #4.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#29 » by blazza18 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:13 am

Jez2983 wrote:A lot of really bad shooting tonight.

There was a play where Pat air balled a wide open three to Bobby who then got his layup blocked from behind by Kyle Anderson. Was most certainly not our night.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#30 » by ACGB » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:18 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
ACGB wrote:You try to watch college basketball instead of this and Duke wins too. Can't win either way.

I watched games from College due to March madness hype and holy cow it was disappointing, the lvl is extremely low

Oh yes. They suck really bad. The hype is watching a huge underdog winning the game. Otherwise compared to the NBA it's awful.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#31 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:18 am

Chad34 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
rilamann wrote:And you know it's a really weird season when the Memphis Grizzlies have the 2nd best record in the league.

They looks like a fun team tho, they play for eachother and their defense is on point.

their records no fluke, and they might be the youngest team

The Grizzlies are worthy of their record, just not a franchise from a historical standpoint that you ever expect to have the 2nd best record in the league.

Grizzlies will be interesting in the playoffs, they seem like the classic team that has a bunch of good solid players that is more built for the regular season. In a 7 game series with the Suns I couldn't see the Grizzlies winning more than a game. Maybe I am wrong.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#32 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:24 am

Magic Giannison wrote:

People don't watch college basketball to see a high level of basketball. They watch it because March Madness is highly unpredictable and anything can happen.
Read on Twitter
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#33 » by msiris » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:52 am

We do not have to worry about players taking time off for little things during the playoffs.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#34 » by msiris » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:55 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:

People don't watch college basketball to see a high level of basketball. They watch it because March Madness is highly unpredictable and anything can happen.
Most watch it because of gambling and the brackets they fill out.
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,418

Post#35 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:19 am

74 games and we have not yet had our full rotation for any game. Hopefully Tuesday in Philly for the first time.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,283

Post#36 » by HKPackFan » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:34 am

MickeyDavis wrote:74 games and we have not yet had our full rotation for any game. Hopefully Tuesday in Philly for the first time.

Hopefully a couple days off will give everyone enough rest for all their various aches and pains.
#FreeChuckDiesel
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,549

Post#37 » by th87 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:28 am

rilamann wrote:
th87 wrote:Raptors won, Bulls won, making it marginally more difficult for the Nets to catch the 6 seed.

Bucks now at 3.

If we're the #3 or #4 seed the consolation is we don't have to play the Nets, that's how I am looking at it lol.

Would be a gut punch though if we are the #3 or #4 seed and the Nets sneak into the #6 or #5 seed. You're right, the Nets getting #5 or #6 is unlikely. Bulls have enough of a lead with 8 games to go and the Raptors have small lead but a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, so we should be safe from the possibility of playing the Nets if we're #3 or #4.

Actually, I looked at the schedule again. The Nets could easily go 8-0 to close the season - the only difficult game is the Bucks.

To avoid the 7 seed, the Raptors have to go like 6-2, and they have the Celtics, Wolves, Heat, and Sixers. If the Heat implosion continues, and the Sixers start benching players, it could happen.

For the same, the Bulls have to go 5-3, and they have the Heat, Bucks, Celtics, and Wolves. Could see them drop one of their "easy" games too to the Hornets or Clippers.

So certainly possible the Nets get the 5.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,283

Post#38 » by HKPackFan » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:57 am

th87 wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Bucks now at 3.

Actually, I looked at the schedule again. The Nets could easily go 8-0 to close the season - the only difficult game is the Bucks.

To avoid the 7 seed, the Raptors have to go like 6-2, and they have the Celtics, Wolves, Heat, and Sixers. If the Heat implosion continues, and the Sixers start benching players, it could happen.

For the same, the Bulls have to go 5-3, and they have the Heat, Bucks, Celtics, and Wolves. Could see them drop one of their "easy" games too to the Hornets or Clippers.

Wow. They could get 5th! It's a crazy time for this last 2 weeks.

So #4 seed is not safe. Let's go for the 6th seed :lol:

Let the bucks lose rest everyone: start nwora, thanos, Mamu, Wiggins, hill, and we will compete with the heat for 6th seed :lol: :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#39 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:09 am

Bucks now at 3.

Bucks now at 4 technically, tied with Celtics

Feels like there's now two distinct groups in the East: 5-10 are battling for their lives every night, while the top 4 are coasting on the top waiting to see what happens in the bottom and decide if they want the pole position or not.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#40 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:42 am

th87 wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Bucks now at 3.

The Nets do have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way. Hornets@Nets tomorrow could possibly be a loss for the Nets, Hornets are playing well and the Nets will on a back to back. But yeah, the Hornets game, the game against the Bucks and @Hawks are the only tough games Brooklyn has left. I would guess the Nets win 2 out of those 3 and they should be locks in their other 5 games. I say they go 7-1 and finish with a 46-36 record.

Even if the Nets go 8-0, it would still be hard for them to catch the Bulls for #5. Bulls have a 4 game lead on the Nets and the Bulls own the tie breaker with the Nets. Not impossible, but not likely.

#6 is a real possibility for the Nets, Raptors have a 3 game lead on the Nets but the Nets own the tie breaker over the Raptors. Luckily the Raptors are playing well and have a fairly easy schedule, I think of the final 8 games for the Raps, 6 are at home. That said, if the Nets finish 8-0, all it would take is for the Raptors to slip up in a game they should win and the Nets could sneak into that #6 seed.

If I am betting right now, I say the Nets end up at #7, but it wouldn't be a super confident bet. I also get the feeling that with Miami having issues, it would be just their luck if they end up being the ones who draw the Nets in round 1. I have a feeling the Heat will be the unlucky ones who get the Nets.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks