ImageImage

PG NETS: HELL YES - GIANNIS WILLS US TO A WIN

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: PG NETS: HELL YES - GIANNIS WILLS US TO A WIN 

Post#261 » by WRau1 » Fri Apr 1, 2022 6:11 pm

Good to see that the rest of the NBA media is dragging Redick for his "Giannis not a top3 player take."
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#262 » by Chad34 » Fri Apr 1, 2022 6:28 pm

one thing that stood out to me when i rewatched the game was bobby making some key plays in the 2nd half. hopefully that'll help his confidence. he was a total liability in the first half
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#263 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Apr 1, 2022 6:58 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Also, we are a scarier team with Brook down there... it's tough paying that contract for a 5th option when there are serviceable bigs like Cousins that come along cheap, but the way he impacts a game and alters drives/shots while still being and offensive threat is impressive. Especially after not having him earlier and seeing respected vets like Ibaka not be able to do it nearly as well.

Bucks have been freaking terrible with Brook on the floor. The drop defense is completely obsolete. Bucks are -14/100, with a 119 defensive rating, with Brook on. They give up easy midrange range shots and a gross amount of wide open 3s.

Last night's comeback coincided with benching Brook.

He also took and bricked some awkward early-clock shots too. Nets downsized with Durant/Claxton as the only "bigs" down the stretch. Bud probably felt at least Bobby has the lateral movement to employ more of a hedge/recover D.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,868

Post#264 » by Dick Tate » Fri Apr 1, 2022 7:48 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Perishable517 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:A lot of fans on this site and elsewhere were happy the Bucks won the championship but now that we have won we are "hated" by many here. Resented is probably a more accurate word. There's a thread on the GB about how we're the dirtiest team in the league. It's funny. I get it though. They want their team to win it. No one wants a team to repeat.
It is absolutely surreal still that we are on that side of the resentment and hatred. Gotta say, it's fun.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
It's like hating on Duncan era Spurs teams. Why do it?

The main reason the Bucks were able to come back and win all of those series last year was winning the battle of endurance. There was no team equipped to hang physically with the Bucks for 7 last season and they all see the same will be true this go around.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#265 » by randy84 » Fri Apr 1, 2022 7:58 pm

WRau1 wrote:Good to see that the rest of the NBA media is dragging Redick for his "Giannis not a top3 player take."

It was more hilarious that Embiid dragged Redick during the interview.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#266 » by Neuromancer56 » Fri Apr 1, 2022 8:50 pm

Giannis approaching Kareem like numbers. In '71 Kareem averaged 34.8pts, 16.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists. Around that time he was also averaging 3-4 blocks and 1.5 steals a game.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#267 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Apr 1, 2022 10:05 pm

I don't know where I heard that but Giannis passed Kareem in 3 more seasons but he did it in 1200 shots less than him.
This is just insane.

Kareem was the best player in the league as a rookie, Giannis started as a 18y not fully grown man coming from the 2nd division in Greece. And he still did that.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#268 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Apr 3, 2022 2:59 pm

I'm curious as to what rating this game drew for TNT. The most watched game this season was Nuggets @ Sixers a couple of weeks ago with the Jokic/Embiid battle. I bet this game drew comparable numbers or maybe better (Gianni vs. Durant), especially since it went to overtime.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks