ImageImage

PG Bulls Game 1 - Bucks Survive without Nwora

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Re: PG Bulls Game 1 - Bucks Survive without Nwora 

Post#121 » by Profound23 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:58 am

machu46 wrote:Chicago's big 3 shot 29% from the field and a TS% of 38%.

Our non-Giannis players shot 37% from the field and a TS% of 47%.

Those two things are just impossibly bad.

And both teams missed a lot of wide open shots.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#122 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Yeah no, it wasn't our best game, but we won and we'll learn from this.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#123 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:This is the Khris game David Dunn should resurrect himself for here.

No.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,410

Post#124 » by ABucksFan » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:53 pm

Giannis getting pulled late in the game is one of THE DUMBEST things I haver ever seen. Like so much wrong there I was literally raging. SO LUCKY Bulls **** the bed...If we lose that game I fire BUD on the spot. Crazy. Haven't been that mad in a while.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,680

Post#125 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:02 pm

This is why 6 play-in games while the other teams sit around and twiddle their thumbs for a week is **** stupid. Whatever, got the Game 1 jitters out of the way. Subbing Giannis out in the final minutes was some Jason Kidd level buffoonery though. I mean yeah, you don't want him to foul out in the event it goes to OT, he can't play aggressive defense like he usually can, and Giannis can make you wanna punch a wall with how stubborn he can be picking up unnecessary fouls. I get it, but you still trust him enough to put him out there because he's the god damn franchise.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,726

Post#126 » by emunney » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:11 pm

Yeah, I get the fear of playing OT without Giannis, but you play to win, not to have a full roster in OT. Didn't hurt us but coaches fouling out their own guys is like the last to die of the Old Ways.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#127 » by jute2003 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:52 pm

They got their awful out of the way. Bucks are gonna sweep
only a fan, only an opinion
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#128 » by machu46 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:04 pm

I predicted we’d lose game 1 in a very similar performance to this and then take control of the series after. Hopefully we just sweep them here on out since we escaped with the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#129 » by H2tObes » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:04 pm

Yall are a negative bunch. Emmuney only one who got it right on the first page

Bucks suck in game 1s, played as bad as possible and still won. Be happy you fools
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,726

Post#130 » by emunney » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:25 pm

How EXACTLY is it a foul to back under a player who's jumping for the ball? Oh, exactly that is a foul? I withdraw my question.

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#131 » by FrieAaron » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:42 pm

emunney wrote:How EXACTLY is it a foul to back under a player who's jumping for the ball? Oh, exactly that is a foul? I withdraw my question.

Read on Twitter

Lmao. Bulls fans in that tweet: "Giannis jumps on his back!"
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#132 » by sidney lanier » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:56 pm

emunney wrote:How EXACTLY is it a foul to back under a player who's jumping for the ball? Oh, exactly that is a foul? I withdraw my question.

Read on Twitter

To get Giannis foul number six
This Williams tried devious tricks
A move not world class
To back up with your ass
Easy move for the zebras to nix
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Profound23
RealGM

Post#133 » by Profound23 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:56 pm

FrieAaron wrote:

Read on Twitter

Lmao. Bulls fans in that tweet: "Giannis jumps on his back!"

Yeah, that makes no sense. Giannis jumps up for the ball, the Williams literally backs into him while in the air. That could have ended for poorly for Giannis, and it's easily a foul on Chicago.

Also, in the next game can we not have a bunch of touch fouls called on Giannis and Lavine early in the game? Kind of pathetic.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#134 » by Siefer » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:12 pm

H2tObes wrote:Yall are a negative bunch. Emmuney only one who got it right on the first page

Bucks suck in game 1s, played as bad as possible and still won. Be happy you fools

Consensus seems to be in this ballpark tbh. We were terrible in a bunch of ways, and Chicago still couldn't do it. That was not an enjoyable game to watch, which seems to be where most of the negativity is rooted, but I don't see much in the way of panic.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#135 » by FrieAaron » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:20 pm

It's nice to be able to win ugly, and we showed we could do that last year plenty. But man, it would be great to not become the worst shooting team in the league again in the playoffs. It doesn't seem to matter what new players we bring in, we just always go ice cold on open threes in the postseason.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#136 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:11 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:This is why 6 play-in games while the other teams sit around and twiddle their thumbs for a week is **** stupid. Whatever, got the Game 1 jitters out of the way. Subbing Giannis out in the final minutes was some Jason Kidd level buffoonery though. I mean yeah, you don't want him to foul out in the event it goes to OT, he can't play aggressive defense like he usually can, and Giannis can make you wanna punch a wall with how stubborn he can be picking up unnecessary fouls. I get it, but you still trust him enough to put him out there because he's the god damn franchise.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned earlier, but apparently Bud wanted Bobby to get reps in that situation.....Holy **** is that comically stupid. If we win in spite of Bud coaching our squad it would be nothing short of a miracle. I just can't fathom the thought process of doing that in a playoff game. Glad we somehow won, but woof.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#137 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:12 pm

Also does anyone have any thoughts why we are always awful in Game 1's under Bud? I can't think of one game 1 that mattered where we performed well. Best game 1 by a long shot is the Toronto game 1, but I thought we played pretty **** in that game too.

I guess our galaxy brain approach to getting the 3 seed is so we don't blow the game 1 at home anymore.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#138 » by jschligs » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:16 pm

H2tObes wrote:Yall are a negative bunch. Emmuney only one who got it right on the first page

How dare you lump me in with the rest of these guys. I'm one of the most optimistic posters on here!

I'm not worried what-so-ever. Both teams played like **** and we got the dub, successful game 1.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#139 » by Perseus1966 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:38 pm

From all the games i watch we were the only team with hostile officiating
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
Profound23
RealGM

Post#140 » by Profound23 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:47 pm

jschligs wrote:

How dare you lump me in with the rest of these guys. I'm one of the most optimistic posters on here!

I'm not worried what-so-ever. Both teams played like **** and we got the dub, successful game 1.

Yeah, I thought most were pretty reasonable. I said this time last week we would look bad in game 1, but if we could still win it this series is over in 4 or 5 at most.

As soon as there was a hot start, I knew it was going to be a problem.

The problem is we can't keep starting off every playoff series with a clunker in game 1 and when we can't keep letting teams back in after starting off with double-digit leads.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks