ImageImage

PG Game 2: 1-1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,801

Re: PG Game 2: 1-1 

Post#221 » by SirChurros » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:23 pm

raferfenix wrote:Who's the biggest Grayson Allen fan on this board?

Until proven otherwise I'm very open to be persuaded that he's about to step up in a big way when we need him most!

I can imagine the Caruso disaster and Wes replacing him in the starting lineup being major confidence hits for a young player.

The Bucks invested a ton in him especially considering the limited funds ownership has cleared.

If Allen's more of a 8th man fringe rotation guy vs 6th man sparkplug (if not solid starter) then we'll end up using his salary slot to acquire someone else sooner rather than later.

The problem is Bud has no idea how to run action for a guy like Allen. He's relegated to a stand in the corner and shoot guy most possessions.

Edit: Bud knows how to run actions, he did it with Forbes. For whatever reason they're not running any action for Allen.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,140

Post#222 » by FrieAaron » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter

According to this twitter account we had a 92% win probability based on shot quality.[/url] Khris, Jrue, Pat, Grayson and Brook shot a combined 4/24 last night and we still probably would have won had the Bulls missed a couple more of those contested jumpers.

Edit: Pulled up the wrong Box score. It was actually just Pat who was awful shooting last night, 1/6. Everyone else shot well enough or just took 1. 38% from 3 isn't bad, though.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,067

Post#223 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:34 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Gotta give credit to the Bulls for playing inspired defense, but c'mon man, this series should have been a laugher if we actually came out the gate with some playoff intensity. Khris or no Khris, gut says that there's no way we don't still win in 5 or 6. But they sure as **** look like a team that's already looking ahead to the next round. If Jrue doesn't pull his head out of his ass, then we're in trouble.

Jrue was our biggest problem last night, relative to his talent. 6-16 with 6 turnovers
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#224 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Jrue was our biggest problem last night, relative to his talent. 6-16 with 6 turnovers

Holiday did step up vs the Hawks after Giannis went down.

He's gotta be more like that Jrue vs Bledsoe for us to repeat.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,527

Post#225 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:46 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Read on Twitter

According to this twitter account we had a 92% win probability based on shot quality.[/url] Khris, Jrue, Pat, Grayson and Brook shot a combined 4/24 last night and we still probably would have won had the Bulls missed a couple more of those contested jumpers.

Edit: Pulled up the wrong Box score. It was actually just Pat who was awful shooting last night, 1/6. Everyone else shot well enough or just took 1. 38% from 3 isn't bad, though.

Saw this as well and it is the only thing giving me confidence in the rest of the series right now. Reminds me of Game 2 of the Suns series which had a similar percentage when we lost.

I'm hoping Bud makes an adjustment by putting Jrue on Derozan the rest of the series and have him pick him up full court while our white guys and Portis step up in Middleton's absence. Otherwise it will be a LONG offseason.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,115

Post#226 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:46 pm

I mean, **** KD's toe, but if a single play in Game 7 vs. Brooklyn last year breaks differently we'd have ended that season with Jrue and Khris shooting 5/23 and 9/26 and now this. Or maybe it doesn't even go 7 if without that flukey end to game 3. Now you can do that prety much with every single sports season ever, but...I'm still doing it. 8-)
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#227 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:49 pm

Jrue doesn't even have to elevate to superstar status. Literally a consistent 20-24 ppg on solid efficiency and his usual great defense will be just fine, especially with few turnovers. AKA his regular season stuff while playing more minutes.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#228 » by mke_design » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:50 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Read on Twitter

If that is any way predictive I would be shocked. Twitter is such a cesspool.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,666

Post#229 » by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:53 pm

mke_design wrote:Twitter is such a cesspool.

:nod:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,480

Post#230 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
mke_design wrote:Twitter is such a cesspool.

:nod:

Like the General Board here.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#231 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:57 pm

Meh make miss league and they made bunch of tough shots. Can't see that happening 4 times.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#232 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:58 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:The shots DerRozan made with Giannis contesting. You can't play better defense than that without risking sending him at the FT line. Jrue actually blocked a shot and we had to use our challenge to take back the foul they gave him.

https://imgur.com/a/7DbjWeq

It was an anomaly game as it was the 50% from the 3p line with Caruso actually making more 3s than our "snipers".
Was it an anomaly game for Jrue as well? We will see.
They only non anomaly in this series so far is Giannis who got his numbers without jumpshots or 3s or hot night at the FT line.

The key to the series for Chicago is Vucevic. Bucks killed the Bulls even with Derozan going nuclear, but with containing Vuc and (somewhat) Lavine.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#233 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Toronto/Philly was supposed to go 7-games and many picked the Raptors to upset. Everyone and their dog thought the Suns would easily sweep the Pels. Boston/Brooklyn was supposed to be the tightest 1st round series. Jokic and KD look like shells of their superstar selves 2-games in.

I'd just as soon throw out the RS data every time the postseason rolls around. Predictive models are fun when we're trying to decide if a team is more a 55-win squad or a 48-win squad based on point differential, but the playoffs are just win or lose. No such thing as style points and moral victories.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#234 » by FrieAaron » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:06 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Jrue doesn't even have to elevate to superstar status. Literally a consistent 20-24 ppg on solid efficiency and his usual great defense will be just fine, especially with few turnovers. AKA his regular season stuff while playing more minutes.

I'm in no way minimizing how much we'd miss Khris, especially assuming we make it out of the first round, but I do think if we had to miss one of our big three he's the one most easily replaced. With Jrue, if he can cut out the stupid turnovers from the first two games, still ends up largely being a positive even if the shot isn't falling. With Khris, either he's giving you good to great scoring efficiency or close to nothing.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,067

Post#235 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:38 pm

The real question is can Giannis play 40+ minutes tomorrow night with the intensity he usually brings for the last 5 minutes of a game?

We're going to need full on "Suns Game 6" Giannis tomorrow night. That's the way the Bucks win this series.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,553

Post#236 » by th87 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:The real question is can Giannis play 40+ minutes tomorrow night with the intensity he usually brings for the last 5 minutes of a game?

We're going to need full on "Suns Game 6" Giannis tomorrow night. That's the way the Bucks win this series.

Concerned that switching on and off too much could make us susceptible to injury.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,305

Post#237 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:11 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Who's the biggest Grayson Allen fan on this board?

Until proven otherwise I'm very open to be persuaded that he's about to step up in a big way when we need him most!

I can imagine the Caruso disaster and Wes replacing him in the starting lineup being major confidence hits for a young player.

The Bucks invested a ton in him especially considering the limited funds ownership has cleared.

If Allen's more of a 8th man fringe rotation guy vs 6th man sparkplug (if not solid starter) then we'll end up using his salary slot to acquire someone else sooner rather than later.

The problem is Bud has no idea how to run action for a guy like Allen. He's relegated to a stand in the corner and shoot guy most possessions.

Edit: Bud knows how to run actions, he did it with Forbes. For whatever reason they're not running any action for Allen.

This has baffled me since November.

The first 2 weeks of the season I was like, Grayson needs to be more aggressive on offense, why is he just standing around. Then you realize it's actually the way the team is coaching/using him.

I said a few months ago that if I was making a list of the top 5 reasons why you could make a case for firing Bud, Bud's misuse of Grayson would make my list as one of my top 5 reasons.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,305

Post#238 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:14 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:The real question is can Giannis play 40+ minutes tomorrow night with the intensity he usually brings for the last 5 minutes of a game?

Against these Bulls, even without Khris, we should be able to beat them without Giannis having to unleash full goat mode on them.

You're probably right though, unfortunately.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#239 » by DingleJerry » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Yea one of my complaints has been the less and less using of Allen. His lights out pure shooting is such a weapon around Giannis and from beginning of year to now it seems they're using him less and less. But I guess this is his opportunity, he'll get full mins now and there's plenty of shots available.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#240 » by FrieAaron » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:15 pm

Another thing. I've watched most of the games so far in this first round, and the refs have generally been very quick to look for potential flagrant fouls. It's wild to me that Bobby was literally bleeding from his eye after getting elbowed and they didn't even think it was worth taking a look.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks