ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - 2022 Off-season

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - 2022 Off-season 

Post#781 » by jschligs » Sun May 22, 2022 12:15 am

JayMKE wrote:Bud's defense gives up open 3s by design, we'd still get killed there even if we replaced Brook with Bam or whatever smaller more mobile big.

Yup, and we typically will win in a 7 game series if healthy. Boston didn't shoot that insane in most of the games. If we just didn't suck ass offensively we would've moved on. Even without Midds we almost had it. With Midds we cruise through in 6.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#782 » by raferfenix » Sun May 22, 2022 12:22 am

buckboy wrote:I think they'd be getting the standard star offer. 3 firsts and 3 swaps type deals.

How do we think #4 this year equates to some of the other packages of picks that have been dealt in recent years?

A lot of those other star packages didn’t have a crown jewel of a pick like that one.

Bucks could also add in our 2022 first and 2028 or whenever else we can next trade one if we’re motivated.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,403

Post#783 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun May 22, 2022 3:19 am

Say what you will, Grant Williams looks battered and bruised pretty bad in the whole head region.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#784 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 3:44 am

JayMKE wrote:Bud's defense gives up open 3s by design, we'd still get killed there even if we replaced Brook with Bam or whatever smaller more mobile big.

We played a different system with Bobby at center. That defense did not get blitzed from 3.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#785 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 3:58 am

Isaiah Roby is an under the radar combo forward who fills our needs perfectly. Super athlete who defends and hit the 3 well. Upside. UFA after next season, but we'd have Bird rights.

Rayjon Tucker and #24 for Roby and #30.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#786 » by jakecronus8 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:07 am

raferfenix wrote:
buckboy wrote:Except Portland would never ever consider it.

If Dame makes it known internally via intermediaries that he wants out (or vice versa) things can change fast.

The #4 pick seems like a solid base to build a package around for Lillard for a rebuilding team.

Or what other kind of offers do we think they’d be getting?

I also think that if Lillard told Portland that he wanted to play for Milwaukee and with Giannis, they’d do everything they could to build a good deal for them. They love him there and rightfully so.
Do it for Chuck
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#787 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 10:05 am

msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
If Bobby ends up getting paid and leaving us in free agency, I'm all in on trying to get Bamba here to be our new reclamation project. He's got all the skills, he just needs a better program, better medical stafff to keep him healthy and a better coaching/roster to maximize those skills. Milwaukee has all of that to offer him.

Did you enjoy watching the Celtics destroy us from 3 point range? If you did, Bamba is just the guy to make sure it happens every game from here to the end of the Giannis tenure as a Buck.
I will blame system more for that.

Exactly, the drop defense, which we'll continue to use if we get Bamba. Or, we get get a smaller, more agile center, and we hedge or switch, which we're extremely effective at.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#788 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 10:08 am

raferfenix wrote:
buckboy wrote:I think they'd be getting the standard star offer. 3 firsts and 3 swaps type deals.

How do we think #4 this year equates to some of the other packages of picks that have been dealt in recent years?

A lot of those other star packages didn’t have a crown jewel of a pick like that one.

Bucks could also add in our 2022 first and 2028 or whenever else we can next trade one if we’re motivated.

The Lakers gave up the 5th pick in the AD trade, plus 2 more 1sts, 3 pick swaps, a long with Ingram, Ball, and Hart.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,718

Post#789 » by msiris » Sun May 22, 2022 12:49 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Did you enjoy watching the Celtics destroy us from 3 point range? If you did, Bamba is just the guy to make sure it happens every game from here to the end of the Giannis tenure as a Buck.
I will blame system more for that.

Exactly, the drop defense, which we'll continue to use if we get Bamba. Or, we get get a smaller, more agile center, and we hedge or switch, which we're extremely effective at.
Bud sill use it no matter who we have.
Ride the tank
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#790 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 12:57 pm

msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
msiris wrote:I will blame system more for that.

Do you realize we don't use the drop when Bobby is at center? That's why our defensive rating with Bobby at center is awesome, and it's terrible with Brook on.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#791 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 12:59 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Isaiah Roby is an under the radar combo forward who fills our needs perfectly. Super athlete who defends and hit the 3 well. Upside. UFA after next season, but we'd have Bird rights.

Rayjon Tucker and #24 for Roby and #30.

I guess I'd ask for #34 too. Still a fair deal considering they're moving up in the draft, which can be expensive.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#792 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun May 22, 2022 1:14 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Do you realize we don't use the drop when Bobby is at center? That's why our defensive rating with Bobby at center is awesome, and it's terrible with Brook on.

bobby shouldnt be viewed as an option as a fulltime starter next to giannis. i think that ship sailed for me watching it for most of the year with brook out.

not sure whether brook is at this point either but at least with the platoon i feel like we have options for at least next year
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#793 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 1:43 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
msiris wrote:Bud sill use it no matter who we have.

bobby shouldnt be viewed as an option as a fulltime starter next to giannis. i think that ship sailed for me watching it for most of the year with brook out.

Why? Our defensive rating with Giannis, Bobby, and any 3 competent perimeter players was outstanding? An offensive issue?
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 348

Post#794 » by Mtsportsfan » Sun May 22, 2022 3:00 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Say what you will, Grant Williams looks battered and bruised pretty bad in the whole head region.
Its because he is constantly flopping , falling and leading with his face so he can whip his head back like he was just shot ! What a douch !
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#795 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun May 22, 2022 3:43 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Why? Our defensive rating with Giannis, Bobby, and any 3 competent perimeter players was outstanding? An offensive issue?

main thing i dont trust him. the regular season numbers tell a nice part of the story but not the whole story imo.

hes not in tucker or grant williams or bridges or maxi or green mold.....quick tree trunk guys that can get up in and under... or long quick fundamental types. he plays hard but a bit more like thanasis then a championship play hard kind of way. thats dangerous playing next to giannis who isnt fundamental either. giannis is the ultimate help guy but in a playoff series i believe portis can be targeted and that makes both our bigs exploitable. he doesnt protect the rim either. theres just alot of holes.

plus his offense is affected horribly by guys like that and his open shot is solid but i also think sketch under pressure.

i just think he cant be relied on and physically hes a tweener for what the recipe is right now. what he lacks in length, speed, and smarts all adds up to bench guy

absolutely love him as a 3rd guy tho. hes a guy who when hes rolling you use to create an avalanche. thats just how i see him
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,057

Post#796 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:17 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
main thing i dont trust him. the regular season numbers tell a nice part of the story but not the whole story imo.

absolutely love him as a 3rd guy tho. hes a guy who when hes rolling you use to create an avalanche. thats just how i see him

Agree entirely. He’s a situational guy. The frustrating part is that we had this great four headed monster with Giannis, Brook, PJ and Bobby. You could mix and match as needed, whether regular season or playoffs.

I hope Bobby stays, and the max 4/$40 or so contract he can receive from the Bucks is market. But if the Bucks get priced out, nothing they can do.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#797 » by SupremeHustle » Sun May 22, 2022 4:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Agree entirely. He’s a situational guy. The frustrating part is that we had this great four headed monster with Giannis, Brook, PJ and Bobby. You could mix and match as needed, whether regular season or playoffs.

I hope Bobby stays, and the max 4/$40 or so contract he can receive from the Bucks is market. But if the Bucks get priced out, nothing they can do.

Who are the teams most likely to overpay Portis?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#798 » by Matches Malone » Sun May 22, 2022 5:04 pm

I wonder if Horst and Co. have the cojones to deal Hill a year later after re-acquiring him. For whatever reason, this team loves him, but I think he's all but done on the court, and I've always had an irrational dislike for him. He just gives me weird vibes.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#799 » by raferfenix » Sun May 22, 2022 5:06 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:The Lakers gave up the 5th pick in the AD trade, plus 2 more 1sts, 3 pick swaps, a long with Ingram, Ball, and Hart.

Anyone in recent times traded for more than AD?

Harden from Houston, Holiday, Harden from BK and Kawhi were traded for significantly less.

AD was at an age where players typically first enter their prime years which is a big difference from most of the others.

That’d particularly contrast with Dame if he’s dealt in his 30’s coming off a season where he looked bad even before an injury took him out.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#800 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 22, 2022 5:23 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Who are the teams most likely to overpay Portis?

They aren't any. Almost no one has cap space, and the couple that do will be fishing for something bigger. Our competition is the MLE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks