ImageImage

PG Boston - No Middleton, No Problem

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Re: PG Boston - No Middleton, No Problem 

Post#361 » by buckboy » Mon May 2, 2022 3:06 pm

Just finished the Simmons podcast. I thought he handled it pretty well. No real excuse making.

I liked at the end when Russillo asked him if his opinion had changed about the series and he hesitated for a full 3 or 4 seconds and then started talking about Smart was hurt, blah blah blah. That was the only time he was into the excuses. He almost made it.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#362 » by tedbrogen » Mon May 2, 2022 3:09 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Timelord was really anchoring Boston's D. That's a tough call for Ime. Putting out one fire to start another if he benches him for Theis.
Read on Twitter
?

There was a play in the second half that Grayson drove right at him, stopped, and hit a shot in the lane. Not sure how that is not included in this stat.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,027

Post#363 » by midranger » Mon May 2, 2022 3:14 pm

The thing about Smart is he's constantly initiating contact and then dramatically throwing himself down to the floor upon that contact. He has been doing this for many years. It's legitimately his primary skill on a basketball court. It's really incredible he isn't injured more.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM

Post#364 » by midranger » Mon May 2, 2022 3:15 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Timelord was really anchoring Boston's D. That's a tough call for Ime. Putting out one fire to start another if he benches him for Theis.
Read on Twitter
?

There was a play in the second half that Grayson drove right at him, stopped, and hit a shot in the lane. Not sure how that is not included in this stat.

Bingo.

Grayson pulled the ole Mav, "going hit the brakes and he'll fly right by move".
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,726

Post#365 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon May 2, 2022 3:19 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:Definitely against it. Think before you react and always be aware of possible sarcasm. If you have doubts it probably is. I love to read the serious reactions on my ‘Giannis was terrible’ post though. :lol:

You certainly got me,I commend you. And I consider myself fluent in sarcasm. :lol: :beer:

You should not have any doubts in this one though. Giannis is never terrible.

The great ones still get humbled occasionally. And, yea, GIanni's "subpar" game is still better than most humans.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#366 » by emunney » Mon May 2, 2022 3:19 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

Brook dunked on him also.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,726

Post#367 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon May 2, 2022 3:23 pm

buckboy wrote:Just finished the Simmons podcast. I thought he handled it pretty well. No real excuse making.

I liked at the end when Russillo asked him if his opinion had changed about the series and he hesitated for a full 3 or 4 seconds and then started talking about Smart was hurt, blah blah blah. That was the only time he was into the excuses. He almost made it.

Heard it too. They both gave the Bucks props and felt legitimately concerned moving forward in the series since they acknowledged that Gianni clearly has another level he can go to. Best line was Russillo during the Gianni-talk when he said something like "you know when you're sitting there seeing him cross half-court with any kind of momentum thinking 'Alright, this is probably gonna suck'" followed by a chuckle.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,171

Post#368 » by raysbookclub » Mon May 2, 2022 3:28 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

Yep, that's pretty questionable stat-keeping whoever came up with that.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#369 » by WRau1 » Mon May 2, 2022 3:29 pm

I liked Nick Wright's point this morning. It was something like - Giannis is good for 2 wins by himself simply by being in his playoffs/Finals MVP form, Boston cannot lose a single game where Giannis doesn't have that showing yet they just lost w/ Giannis only going for 24 on 9-25 and missing 5 fts. Boston is basically already down 3-0.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#370 » by emunney » Mon May 2, 2022 3:30 pm

midranger wrote:The thing about Smart is he's constantly initiating contact and then dramatically throwing himself down to the floor upon that contact. He has been doing this for many years. It's legitimately his primary skill on a basketball court. It's really incredible he isn't injured more.

You might have even been thinking of this specific play.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=315&GameID=0042100211&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=G.%20Antetokounmpo%204%27%20Cutting%20Finger%20Roll%20Layup%20Shot%20(8%20PTS)%20(Holiday%204%20AST)&sct=plot
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,947

Post#371 » by RiotPunch » Mon May 2, 2022 3:31 pm

emunney wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

I thought it sounded questionable. StatMuse, more like StatUseless!
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,670

Post#372 » by chonestown » Mon May 2, 2022 3:37 pm

emunney wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

0-11.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#373 » by crkone » Mon May 2, 2022 3:42 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
emunney wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

I thought it sounded questionable. StatMuse, more like StatUseless!

Grayson here: https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/05/01/0042100211/439/999e057d-80da-09a8-b87f-5d522e680cef_1280x720.mp4

Brook here: https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/05/01/0042100211/74/d8c4614d-d090-6738-90f6-bdd29915f5fa_1280x720.mp4

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,171

Post#374 » by raysbookclub » Mon May 2, 2022 3:49 pm

One of my favorite things about this Bucks team is that they play like grown men out there. No flopping, no whining, just straight-up let's see if you can beat us. They might be toughest, no-nonsense champion since the Hakeem Rockets.

Shows so clearly in the Jrue vs Smart matchup. Man vs child.

I might say the Celtics take on the personality of Smart. But maybe it's Danny Ainge, that king of weasels, whose personality has shaped that franchise now and for 40 years. A weasel legacy: Ainge the player, Ainge the GM, Paul Pierce in a wheelchair, Marcus Smart, etc.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,516

Post#375 » by PG Graveyard » Mon May 2, 2022 3:53 pm

Feel like Jrue's play isn't being talked enough about or maybe I'm missing something. He was amazing on both ends and hit a handful of big 4th quarter shots to keep them at arms length. If he does that again on Tuesday I'm very optimistic.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#376 » by HKPackFan » Mon May 2, 2022 3:56 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Admittedly I didn't know anything about Jevon Carter until he got to Milwaukee. How Brooklyn lets a guy like that go when they're trying to win a championship is beyond comprehension. Anyway, now its time to get greedy. Lets go out and win game two.

They let him go because he doesn't follow the mantra, the best defense is a good offense.

Wth was Carter doing on a team like the nets in the first place!
#FreeChuckDiesel
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#377 » by buckboy » Mon May 2, 2022 3:57 pm

emunney wrote:
midranger wrote:The thing about Smart is he's constantly initiating contact and then dramatically throwing himself down to the floor upon that contact. He has been doing this for many years. It's legitimately his primary skill on a basketball court. It's really incredible he isn't injured more.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=315&GameID=0042100211&Season=2021-22&flag=1&title=G.%20Antetokounmpo%204%27%20Cutting%20Finger%20Roll%20Layup%20Shot%20(8%20PTS)%20(Holiday%204%20AST)&sct=plot

So gross.

I'm going to be so annoyed this series watching that garbage along with all the ref-bitching.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,394

Post#378 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon May 2, 2022 4:05 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:This is a four game series.

:rofl:

This you, post Khris injury?

ReasonablySober wrote:Season's been a slog and now it's mercifully over.

I think we all get a 24-hour comment pass after that injury.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
midranger
RealGM

Post#379 » by midranger » Mon May 2, 2022 4:09 pm

emunney wrote:

That’s a pretty typical one, yes. Whiplash and smashing his face to the floor as Giannis just goes up and cleanly tips the ball. Like, I’d die if I did that twice. He does it 12 times a game. Minimum.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,394

Post#380 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon May 2, 2022 4:13 pm

emunney wrote:

I'm so glad we don't have to root for anyone like this. Even the villain and thug, dirty Grayson Allen, isn't anywhere near Smart's level of these type of plays. I'm sure he's a fun guy to root for, but objectively speaking he should be out of the league.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks