Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,737

Re: PG Boston - No Middleton, No Problem 

Post#401 » by emunney » Mon May 2, 2022 8:52 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Bill didn't even have Giannis as All-Defensive 1st Team. :crazy:

That was so pitiful. "But, I couldn't have two Bucks on first team, because their metrics said they weren't good defensively"

To be fair I don't think that's wrong. The Bucks were bad defensively most of the regular season and that is what the award is based on.

Eh, we were the 14th best defense this year without a center on the active roster; 10th best last year with Brook all year and both guys made 1st team.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#402 » by 4xBuck » Mon May 2, 2022 9:16 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:To be fair I don't think that's wrong. The Bucks were bad defensively most of the regular season and that is what the award is based on.

No, especially with Giannis on the floor.

The board has pointed out the Bucks true defense with the rotation players on the floor. That's what we're seeing now.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#403 » by Jez2983 » Mon May 2, 2022 9:59 pm

4xBuck wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:To be fair I don't think that's wrong. The Bucks were bad defensively most of the regular season and that is what the award is based on.

The board has pointed out the Bucks true defense with the rotation players on the floor. That's what we're seeing now.

I'm sure I remember seeing stats during the season about how Giannis was one of the most difficult players to score on during the season. I think it was points per possession where he was primary defender or something.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#404 » by tedbrogen » Mon May 2, 2022 10:22 pm

4xBuck wrote:

Yeah, it’s been pointed out here numerous times they were top ten when only using playoff rotation players. The lineups with any of Semi, Nwora, Hood, Mamu, Cousins, Monroe, and so forth, brought their rating down big time.

The Bucks were coming off a very short offseason, Jrue and Midds had almost none because of the Olympics, Giannis was coming off playing in the finals on a knee that had just bent the wrong way, and Brook missed almost the entire season. Bud had to give significant minutes to guys who normally wouldn’t be in the rotation. I’m not sure why Nwora being a historically bad defender should be held against Giannis and Jrue.

Doesn’t matter though. Everyone is getting a good look at how good the Bucks defense truly is.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#405 » by tedbrogen » Mon May 2, 2022 10:29 pm

emunney wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
That was so pitiful. "But, I couldn't have two Bucks on first team, because their metrics said they weren't good defensively"

To be fair I don't think that's wrong. The Bucks were bad defensively most of the regular season and that is what the award is based on.

Eh, we were the 14th best defense this year without a center on the active roster; 10th best last year with Brook all year and both guys made 1st team.

And bizarrely having bad teammates is a reason Jokic should be MVP, but having Nwora on the floor is a reason Giannis and/or Jrue can’t be first team all defense.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,401

Post#406 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon May 2, 2022 10:54 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
emunney wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

And bizarrely having bad teammates is a reason Jokic should be MVP, but having Nwora on the floor is a reason Giannis and/or Jrue can’t be first team all defense.
Nobody cares about the Bucks struggles. It's only impressive if it happens somewhere else.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#407 » by blazza18 » Mon May 2, 2022 11:05 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Bill didn't even have Giannis as All-Defensive 1st Team. :crazy:

His reasoning was totally fine but I don't know why he thought Jrue> Giannis.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#408 » by PG Graveyard » Mon May 2, 2022 11:20 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
emunney wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

Ok you guys convinced me. Giannis should have at least been all defense 1st team. He’s amazing.

Edit: I hope no one thinks I’m being sarcastic because I’m not on this one.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#409 » by DingleJerry » Mon May 2, 2022 11:23 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
emunney wrote:

Ok you guys convinced me. Giannis should have at least been all defense 1st team. He’s amazing.

Edit: I hope no one thinks I’m being sarcastic because I’m not on this one.

Has that come out yet? What did he get? I can't believe he's not 1st team.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#410 » by tedbrogen » Mon May 2, 2022 11:24 pm

blazza18 wrote:

His reasoning was totally fine but I don't know why he thought Jrue> Giannis.

His real reason was he’s a homer and wanted two Celtics on there. His justification appears fine at first glance but is garbage if you really dig into it. Just because he didn’t want to dig into the stat, see how many lineups the Bucks used, or watch a single Bucks game to see how Nwora (and other non playoff rotation guys) compromised the defense, doesn’t mean it’s totally fine reasoning. It just means he’s a lazy analyst with bad takes and/or is a complete homer pretending to be able to be neutral for his garbage analysis.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#411 » by blazza18 » Mon May 2, 2022 11:31 pm

Giannis and Jrue weren't as serious on defence this season. It's not as big a deal as you think :dontknow:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#412 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 3, 2022 1:56 am

Leaving Jrue off the 1st team is defensible. Leaving Giannis off isn't. It'd be like taking prime KG off 1st team just because you thought Jermaine O'neal deserved it more for the Pacers having a better defense. Giannis is basically an automatic Top-5 defensive impact guy for the rest of his prime.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#413 » by Licensed to Il » Tue May 3, 2022 3:04 am

Giannis will leave some awards and accolades on the table because he plays in Milwaukee and the media can’t be bothered to pay attention. But it will just add another fun layer to his legacy when we are all in our 90’s and typing in giant font arguing with teen agers in Toronto (who say Siakum was better).
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#414 » by Coach Carter » Tue May 3, 2022 3:18 am

Carter is awesome, Wes playing like he wants a ring.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,286

Post#415 » by HKPackFan » Tue May 3, 2022 3:46 am

emunney wrote:Thought live that Jrue absolutely was baiting this pass. Sneaky mf. You can tell by the angle he took he knew exactly what they were doing.

Read on Twitter

There is so much beautiful poetry in that second clip.

The steal, the pull up dagger from a guy questioned over his playoff o game, to the defeated early goodbye.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#416 » by Perseus1966 » Tue May 3, 2022 5:24 am

RiotPunch wrote:Timelord was really anchoring Boston's D. That's a tough call for Ime. Putting out one fire to start another if he benches him for Theis.
Read on Twitter
?

No it's not true he was guarding Allen and he scored
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#417 » by Pachinko_ » Tue May 3, 2022 5:54 am

tedbrogen wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Timelord was really anchoring Boston's D. That's a tough call for Ime. Putting out one fire to start another if he benches him for Theis.
Read on Twitter
?

There was a play in the second half that Grayson drove right at him, stopped, and hit a shot in the lane. Not sure how that is not included in this stat.

I suspect the people who keep these kind of stats, including assists, are bored and possibly drunk
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#418 » by BUCKnation » Tue May 3, 2022 5:58 am

As we all know, game 1's don't mean a whole lot. There were a lot of good signs though. Seemed like the bucks basically rolled out the same gameplan they ran against the bulls with some more intensity and it stifled them. As we've also learned in '19, the whole 'this guy can't shoot this bad/good all series' argument doesn't hold up either (see Kyrie and FVV for ends of that spectrum), so while I don't expect the J's or Giannis to shoot as poorly, it is possible.

Celtics definitely looked uncomfortable with the matched or even upgraded physicality we had, which would be totally different than what the Nets would have shown. Like stepping out into 0 degree weather with a brisk wind after sitting inside next to a fire all day. I'd anticipate them to be more prepared next game.

I did like the 'is this your king' attitude jrue had on defense though. Giannis and Brook did their usual and others stepped up.

It's early in the series, but it feels like game 2 will be a must win for boston.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#419 » by Pachinko_ » Tue May 3, 2022 6:03 am

RiotPunch wrote:
DrWood wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Pat does look a good bit like Aaron Paul (but a foot taller). Someone said Grayson looked like Jeremy Renner; definitely not Bryan Cranston.

I said he looked like Jeremy Renner. Pat is Cranston because he's older (that's really the joke), Allen because he's younger, nothing about resemblance.

But really this is just an old post of mine from a few years back when Breaking Bad was more pop culture and after a big Pat/Donte game, edited it after a Pat/Grayson game for funs. FWIW, Pat Connaughton is a lot taller than most actors. :)

Pat has exactly the name and face I'd expect someone from Boston to have. Probably because he is from Boston LOL
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#420 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 3, 2022 11:21 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

The Bucks defense was significantly better with Brook on the bench again today. We give up 3s at an alarming rate with Brook on.

It was a defensive masterpiece because our perimeter defenders steered Bostons stars into the help, and others were effective coming down on digs.

Gotta hand it to you; you keep your schtick no matter what

ETA:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for stating facts. Statmuse could post our defensive rating with our playoff rotation, excluding Brook too. Guess what? It's even better!

Sorry if that offends you.

I was waiting for the numbers to update. The Bucks have a freakishly phenomenal defensive rating in the playoffs of 89.8 with Brook Lopez off the floor. That's insanely good.

However, the national media is instead trying to create a narrative that Brook is a savior to our defense instead of the weak link (Brook has the worst defensive rating of any Bucks rational player in the playoffs) so they can continue to discredit Giannis and Jrue. Its sad the lengths they go to in their senseless smear campaign of these 2 great people.

It's also sad for Bobby Portis, who's actually been phenomenal defensively when used at center.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks