Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: PG Boston - No Middleton, No Problem 

Post#421 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 3, 2022 12:21 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
emunney wrote:Thought live that Jrue absolutely was baiting this pass. Sneaky mf. You can tell by the angle he took he knew exactly what they were doing.

Read on Twitter

There is so much beautiful poetry in that second clip.

The steal, the pull up dagger from a guy questioned over his playoff o game, to the defeated early goodbye.

Of course Smart ends up on the ground. Half of his 32 minutes were spent sprawled on the court.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#422 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue May 3, 2022 1:24 pm

blazza18 wrote:Giannis and Jrue weren't as serious on defence this season. It's not as big a deal as you think :dontknow:

Agreed, and I'm glad they weren't. I'm all for letting guys like Smart compensate for their short-comings by treating every regular season game like it's the playoffs and having that recognized. Let the baby have his bottle.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#423 » by Ayt » Tue May 3, 2022 2:40 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Timelord was really anchoring Boston's D. That's a tough call for Ime. Putting out one fire to start another if he benches him for Theis.
Read on Twitter
?

There was a play in the second half that Grayson drove right at him, stopped, and hit a shot in the lane. Not sure how that is not included in this stat.

I suspect the people who keep these kind of stats, including assists, are bored and possibly drunk

The boxscore on NBA.com has it correct. I don't know where statmuse get their stats.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#424 » by HKPackFan » Tue May 3, 2022 2:48 pm

I watched half a dozen media guys post game or next day. Suddenly almost unanimous talk of Giannis being the best player in the world.

Seriously? After all he's done it took one game vs the Celtics?! And now finally almost everyone is on board?
#FreeChuckDiesel
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#425 » by buckboy » Tue May 3, 2022 2:55 pm

HKPackFan wrote:I watched half a dozen media guys post game or next day. Suddenly almost unanimous talk of Giannis being the best player in the world.

Seriously? After all he's done it took one game vs the Celtics?! And now finally almost everyone is on board?

Imagine what they'll think when he scores 50 to win a title.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#426 » by HKPackFan » Tue May 3, 2022 2:58 pm

buckboy wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:I watched half a dozen media guys post game or next day. Suddenly almost unanimous talk of Giannis being the best player in the world.

Imagine what they'll think when he scores 50 to win a title.

I still heard a few disclaimers about a toe or nets injuries on our championship.

Apparently the nets getting swept wasn't enough to stop talking about the toe.

Looks like the bucks just gonna have to run it back again to get the media goalposts pushed back further.
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#427 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 3, 2022 5:47 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Admittedly I didn't know anything about Jevon Carter until he got to Milwaukee. How Brooklyn lets a guy like that go when they're trying to win a championship is beyond comprehension. Anyway, now its time to get greedy. Lets go out and win game two.

They let him go because he doesn't follow the mantra, the best defense is a good offense.

Wth was Carter doing on a team like the nets in the first place!

Oooo I know why he got let go

1. They felt like they needed one more star type to push them to the next level
2. Keep away from the Bucks who always look to add shooters
3. They were adding a guard so it didn't make sense to lose a big, plus they already lack size
4. Some contracts are guaranteed or made in a way that's harder to cut them
5. They probably didn't want to cut Carter -- notice how Bembry (crowd fav) got let go on the move before him so I think they felt forced into it -- a gamble that didn't pay off since Carter seems to be a better 2 way player than Dragic at this point
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#428 » by old skool » Tue May 3, 2022 6:25 pm

Right after Carter joined the Bucks I watched him during pre-game shooting drills. He was missing badly; 4 makes on 30-something attempts. Using my infallible RealGM super powers I quickly concluded he was inept on offense.

Bad take on my part. Now I expect his shots to go in. As a bonus, he has looked rock solid under pressure from the FT line.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#429 » by emunney » Tue May 3, 2022 6:27 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Admittedly I didn't know anything about Jevon Carter until he got to Milwaukee. How Brooklyn lets a guy like that go when they're trying to win a championship is beyond comprehension. Anyway, now its time to get greedy. Lets go out and win game two.

They let him go because he doesn't follow the mantra, the best defense is a good offense.

Wth was Carter doing on a team like the nets in the first place!

Oooo I know why he got let go

1. They felt like they needed one more star type to push them to the next level
2. Keep away from the Bucks who always look to add shooters
3. They were adding a guard so it didn't make sense to lose a big, plus they already lack size
4. Some contracts are guaranteed or made in a way that's harder to cut them
5. They probably didn't want to cut Carter -- notice how Bembry (crowd fav) got let go on the move before him so I think they felt forced into it -- a gamble that didn't pay off since Carter seems to be a better 2 way player than Dragic at this point

Just want to point out that they cut Carter off a 2 year guaranteed deal and are paying him 3.9m next year.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#430 » by emunney » Tue May 3, 2022 6:28 pm

The reason they cut him is they thought Dragic would be better. They were wrong.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks