Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#1101 » by skones » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:59 pm

stellation wrote:
chonestown wrote:
skones wrote:I was friends with Gillian Jacobs first cousin in college
Friend to Gillian
Gillian Jacobs was in Solitary Man with Mary Louise Parker
Mary Louise Parker was in RIPD with Kevin Bacon

My gf has the degrees to whoever thing in a real way. Her aunt married into a socialite family in the Catskills, and they happen to know everyone. That family also has a couple of critically acclaimed shudder originals, which we happen to nerd out about more than them rubbing shoulders with Elon musk.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using RealGM mobile app

Really Britta'd the 6DoKB right there, Skones.

skones used to live in New York.

just a girl with big city dreams

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,053

Post#1102 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:15 pm

This match is cool as hell.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,913

Post#1103 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:25 pm

Pam Shriver prematch describing the intricacies of doubles: "there's four players on the court".

jfc put me in the booth, I swear I can do a better job than her.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#1104 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:00 pm

Love all these guys but that was a terrible set of doubles :lol:
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#1105 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:23 pm

Tiafoe somehow has both incredible hands around the net and insanely terrible instincts for doubles. :lol:
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#1106 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:27 pm

Sucks that Roger and Rafa couldn't pull out the win but it was honestly great to see Roger look so good out there. It's a shame the knee betrayed him like this at the end because the rest of the game is all still there apart from the movement. Really sucks that this is the end, doesn't feel real yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,053

Post#1107 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:29 am

:cry:
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1108 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:23 pm

Wish I had gotten to see the match, but do have a full recording and have been eating up all the highlights and interviews. He's been "gone" for a while, but it's going to be so weird with him really and truly gone now.

Sidenote, I loved Murray's IG post of him posing with the Big 3. "The Big 3 + some clown." I always enjoyed watching Murray, but the Big 4 moniker aged like milk. I get it, of course - he made way more QFs, SFs, Fs than any other next-guy (incl. Stan) - but it very quickly felt silly. I would imagine it can feel a little awkward for him, too, and he's gotten some uber-dumb interview questions about it over the years.

I tested negative and got back home yesterday. Much better, but still feel lethargic. Didn't lose my taste/smell, but everything does taste/smell the same and it's an awful taste/smell at that. Hoping that course corrects in short order.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#1109 » by chonestown » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:12 pm

I got four laying hens (waddup Wendy, Lisa, Sheila E and Nia), but I will still fk up a sausage,egg and cheese biscuit from Kwik Trip on the reg.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#1110 » by stellation » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:29 pm

chonestown wrote:I got four laying hens (waddup Wendy, Lisa, Sheila E and Nia), but I will still fk up a sausage,egg and cheese biscuit from Kwik Trip on the reg.

Four here, too- Merry, Berry, OJ, Rosie. Great company, great entertainment, great eggs- but they could shut the **** up some mornings if I don't feel like jumping out of bed at the crack of dawn. :D
#FreeChuckDiesel
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#1111 » by stellation » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Wish I had gotten to see the match, but do have a full recording and have been eating up all the highlights and interviews. He's been "gone" for a while, but it's going to be so weird with him really and truly gone now.

Sidenote, I loved Murray's IG post of him posing with the Big 3. "The Big 3 + some clown." I always enjoyed watching Murray, but the Big 4 moniker aged like milk. I get it, of course - he made way more QFs, SFs, Fs than any other next-guy (incl. Stan) - but it very quickly felt silly. I would imagine it can feel a little awkward for him, too, and he's gotten some uber-dumb interview questions about it over the years.

I tested negative and got back home yesterday. Much better, but still feel lethargic. Didn't lose my taste/smell, but everything does taste/smell the same and it's an awful taste/smell at that. Hoping that course corrects in short order.

Sorry about the messiness of catching it on your trip. My one bit of advice is from my experience it takes a while to recover, and just accept that's the case and don't try to push yourself and you'll be all the better for it mentally.
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#1112 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:53 am

You guys all know my thoughts on the Beatles but I have to say the coda in Hey Jude really slaps.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,423

Post#1113 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:00 am

Ouch

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#1114 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:52 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Ouch

Read on Twitter

Swear to god this is a true story.

I live out west in a mountain town that hosts a PBR rodeo event a few blocks from my house. I was playing wiffleball with my 3 boys and another 6-7 neighborhood kids. A rodeo bull escaped from the loading area, and ran through our outfield, approx 15 feet from my 8 year old son. I thought to myself.. did that F’ing happen or am I crazy? Then a guy on a horse with a lasso came through, followed by four or five guys with guns and atvs. Only in Montana.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1115 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:41 pm

Does anyone do a treadmill or I guess maybe recumbent bike while they WFH?

I have like zero time to exercise with younger kids but I work at home 3 days/week. I have a older low-profile treadmill that I sneak down for 30-60 minutes on on the WFH days before picking up the kids but I'm borderline cutting work to do so since I don't really have my laptop in the basement with me.

Thinking of either getting a new treadmill or I guess getting a table to put on the one I currently have so that I can just walk at a slower pace for 3-4 hours/day working and maybe if I can take a few morning calls while on it on the other days.

Any tips, experiences, etc? Also may consider some sort of recumbent bike but that seems tough to do.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,423

Post#1116 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:05 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Does anyone do a treadmill or I guess maybe recumbent bike while they WFH?

I have like zero time to exercise with younger kids but I work at home 3 days/week. I have a older low-profile treadmill that I sneak down for 30-60 minutes on on the WFH days before picking up the kids but I'm borderline cutting work to do so since I don't really have my laptop in the basement with me.

Thinking of either getting a new treadmill or I guess getting a table to put on the one I currently have so that I can just walk at a slower pace for 3-4 hours/day working and maybe if I can take a few morning calls while on it on the other days.

Any tips, experiences, etc? Also may consider some sort of recumbent bike but that seems tough to do.

I bought a cheap treadmill when WFH started a couple of years ago. It doesn't go fast (max 3.7) and doesn't incline. It's very slim, which doesn't work for everyone. But it's light and easy to fold up and roll so it does the job. I also have a bike (not recumbent). And I have one of these (great workout):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074B3B22G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I get at least an hour a day of cardio and of course you don't have to do it all at once. Doing 10 minutes 6 times a day gives you the same benefit as doing an hour straight.

For strength training I have the usual dumb bells and kettlebells.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1117 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:28 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Does anyone do a treadmill or I guess maybe recumbent bike while they WFH?

I bought a cheap treadmill when WFH started a couple of years ago. It doesn't go fast (max 3.7) and doesn't incline. It's very slim, which doesn't work for everyone. But it's light and easy to fold up and roll so it does the job. I also have a bike (not recumbent). And I have one of these (great workout):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074B3B22G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I get at least an hour a day of cardio and of course you don't have to do it all at once. Doing 10 minutes 6 times a day gives you the same benefit as doing an hour straight.

For strength training I have the usual dumb bells and kettlebells.

Yeah, I think my plan is to walk on the treadmill for 3-4 hours/day when I'm working and mix in some strength training by my desk as I move this all into the basement.

Maybe catch some early morning meetings on the treadmill on the days I have to go into the office.

As I said, I have a cheap/**** treadmill with a slight incline but it is very loud and won't fit well under a desk. So I think I am looking to get some sort of walking pad and maybe have a standing desk I can put on top of it along with my current desk for when I want to sit down.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1118 » by jschligs » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:22 am

Anyone else getting just bombarded with political texts? It’s annoying as hell and they’re almost all to a lady named Jeanette (that isn’t me), and they’re from both parties.

I get about 5 a day now and it’s been getting progressively worse…I’m at my wits end.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1119 » by jute2003 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:44 am

jschligs wrote:Anyone else getting just bombarded with political texts? It’s annoying as hell and they’re almost all to a lady named Jeanette (that isn’t me), and they’re from both parties.

I get about 5 a day now and it’s been getting progressively worse…I’m at my wits end.
I spent the last cycle opting out of future texts and asking them to leave me the hell alone. For the most part, it has seemed to work. I still get the occasional text or call but nothing like it was.
only a fan, only an opinion
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1120 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:59 am

jschligs wrote:Anyone else getting just bombarded with political texts? It’s annoying as hell and they’re almost all to a lady named Jeanette (that isn’t me), and they’re from both parties.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks