ImageImage

PG 3-3

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Re: PG 3-3 

Post#361 » by Siefer » Sat May 14, 2022 2:30 pm

It's not Bud fault we're down a guy, or that we don't have Tucker, but it is his fault he let Carter rot on the bench while Hill got killed. It his fault that Allen got 22 minutes and was out there at all in the second half when Wes only got 27 minutes and Pat got 33. That was an elimination game. Play your best guys.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#362 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Now that we have a game 7 on the road against a better team I hope we realize that pissing away home games against Detroit in December have consequences. May cost us another championship
Home court wouldn't help us in game 7. We need either Middleton, or Bud to play more Jevon & Pat.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#363 » by PG Graveyard » Sat May 14, 2022 2:47 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Now that we have a game 7 on the road against a better team I hope we realize that pissing away home games against Detroit in December have consequences. May cost us another championship
Home court wouldn't help us in game 7. We need either Middleton, or Bud to play more Jevon & Pat.

Yes home court would help in game 7. No matter what has happened previously.

Also my point is more that we should have the 1 seed and have been playing that quitting Sixers team rather than this scorched earth series without home court advantage. We pissed too many regular season games away and it cost us…probably a repeat title.
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#364 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:53 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Sorry Gianni we were looking for 55/30/10 apparently

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app

I'm not sure that would be enough.
Bmaasse
Senior
And1: 570

Post#365 » by Bmaasse » Sat May 14, 2022 2:56 pm

Antinomy wrote:Our best defensive game was Game 1 — with Bobby starting, Hill was out & Grayson/Carter off the bench.

That lineup had won 4 straight to that point.

Boston couldn’t score at the rim AT ALL in Game 1 & needed a hot shooting half from Brown to win Game 2..

After losing Game 2, Bud inexplicably adds Grayson to the starting lineup (potentially to spark the offense, which didn’t happen) — he also started playing Hill as the main G off the bench.

Ever since then, Brook has been rendered ineffective, Grayson has been awful, Bobby has no rhythm & Hill has provided absolutely NOTHING.

My suggestion for Game 7: either go back to starting the big lineup OR play the Jrue-Wes-Pat-Bobby-Giannis lineup 40+ minutes.

It's crazy how Bud can easily bury Bobby on the bench while guys like Allen and Hill who have contributed far less overall, get a leash that extends forever.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#366 » by machu46 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:57 pm

Siefer wrote:It's not Bud fault we're down a guy, or that we don't have Tucker, but it is his fault he let Carter rot on the bench while Hill got killed. It his fault that Allen guy 22 minutes and was out there at all in the second half when Wes only got 27 minutes and Pat got 33. That was an elimination game. Play your best guys.

I think there’s plenty of rational reasons for choosing Hill/Grayson over Jevon, but at the end of the day, those reasons haven’t really played out to matter to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Post#367 » by BigO » Sat May 14, 2022 2:58 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
BigO wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Just got back from the game. I’m as ticked as all you guys. That said, you get a different perspective being there in person. Did Lasry, Horst and Bud **** the bed, culminating in this loss? Of course. But damn, the Celtics just kept hitting everything. Tip your hat to them. They needed a complete bull shooting night to keep their season alive. They got it.

I can see where you might think that watching the game, but the Celtics didn't shoot out of their mind. They shot a little under 44% and a little under 40% on threes. Both are good, but not great. The problem is that the minutes Hill and Allen were in were the ones where the Bucks got cooked. We played them even for all the other minutes.

And then you look at the pathetic offensive performance and the same hold true for Hill and Allen.

Why leave out Brook? He was -22, and it was his lack of defense that let the Celtics stars get comfortable. Tatum hit a few versus a stationary Brook, and suddenly he was in a zone.

You need to read my original post. The two guys I mentioned were Lopez and Allen. So really three total. But the two main problems last night were Allen and Lopez.
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#368 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:09 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Maybe we should have kept washed Rodney Hood? Give Thanasis a few why the **** not minutes?
No on Hood, but even Thanasis would have probably brought more to the table than Grayson or Hill on sheer heart alone.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 348

Post#369 » by Mtsportsfan » Sat May 14, 2022 3:16 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Maybe we should have kept washed Rodney Hood? Give Thanasis a few why the **** not minutes?
No on Hood, but even Thanasis would have probably brought more to the table than Grayson or Hill on sheer heart alone.
why not ! Anything to give this team a spark ! Even if is just for a minute , sic him in Tatum for a few possessions or so, see where that takes us. Maybe we won't look so worn out towards the end.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#370 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat May 14, 2022 3:23 pm

if bud played carter instead of a healthy hill or allen and we lost he'd get roasted even worse. he had to go this route at least first

the same things gonna happen if middleton comes back for game 7 and cant move well. hes still gonna get his minutes
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#371 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat May 14, 2022 3:26 pm

no sure about hood being a good idea but thanasis yes and id even give mamu a shot. let the celts target them in that switch and just see if the extra length and athleticism rushes him or affects a shot and makes a difference for us
Siefer
RealGM

Post#372 » by Siefer » Sat May 14, 2022 3:37 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if bud played carter instead of a healthy hill or allen and we lost he'd get roasted even worse. he had to go this route at least first

the same things gonna happen if middleton comes back for game 7 and cant move well. hes still gonna get his minutes

I think the big thing is we've seen Hill and Allen offer little on offense while getting cooked on D the entire series. It's only been getting worse as Boston zeroes in on the hole. There are no guarantees, but if you split 20 of their combined 40 minutes between Carter, Wes, and Pat, we might be having a really different conversation right now.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#373 » by SirChurros » Sat May 14, 2022 3:46 pm

I mean the Game 1 rotation is exactly what I would be rolling with if I'm Bud, after last night's **** debacle. Probably too heavy on the Allen minutes, but those can be adjusted based on what he's giving you offensively. I probably give Patty the 28 minutes and Allen the 20.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#374 » by mattg » Sat May 14, 2022 3:48 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if bud played carter instead of a healthy hill or allen and we lost he'd get roasted even worse. he had to go this route at least first

I mean Bud shouldn't be worried about getting roasted for making decisions as he's the coach with championship clout. And if he doesn't have the clout to bench George Hill who hasn't been reliable and healthy since literally 2019 then he needs to be fired.

Additionally Carter played well in game 1 so there's already precedent in this series of Carter being more impactful than Hill. He might be smaller than Hill, but he takes away space because he can actually move his feet and play substantially closer to offensive players so he doesn't actually end up playing smaller. Factor in that he plays with far more energy and hustle than Hill and it's such a no brainer that it's inexcusable. Carter is also a good matchup in this series because of how the refs have called it, it plays perfectly to his strengths and he will 100% generate turnovers with his defense even vs the big wings like Brown and Tatum because they have weak handles and Carter can sit in their pocket.

Hill is not Khris Middleton, never was, never had that clout. He's been a 7th/8th man here, the situation is not the same. One guy is a multi time all star, one guy is best known for quitting on the team. Hill has been given a ton of minutes and hasn't been able to give us ANYTHING remotely positive at all. He also is completely incapable of giving the contributions that previously made him valuable on offense (can't run a PnR or even get open anymore). Also, I don't think Hill looks healthy at all, he moves for **** and can barely dribble.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#375 » by Siefer » Sat May 14, 2022 3:48 pm

One of the most maddening things is that Bud has coached a great series in a bunch of ways! I know we're short and need to keep trying to get useful minutes from these guys, but he literally benched a dude that was giving us a good 15 in this series. Bud is a sharp guy, I know he saw Allen and Hill getting wrecked on screen after screen, switch after switch. Our offense is what it is without Midds, but we've lived and died by our D, and Bud chose death last night.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Post#376 » by BigO » Sat May 14, 2022 3:56 pm

[quote="GHOSTofSIKMA"]if bud played carter instead of a healthy hill or allen and we lost he'd get roasted even worse. he had to go this route at least first

the same things gonna happen if middleton comes back for game 7 and cant move well. hes still gonna get his minutes[/quote]

No. Hill was -15 in the previous game, which the Bucks won. Bud''s job is not to worry about we think, but to look at the facts. He rarely does that.

He has a rigid view of the game. Veterans are good. Rookies are bad. Drop defense is good. Lopez is good. Hill is good. He should be adapting to what the game and series showing him. The Bucks are a team that utilizes advanced stats, yet Bud is about as opposite as can be with the modern game.

I don't see the Bucks winning tomorrow, but if they do, it will be because Giannis goes wild as usual and Bud makes the obvious changes. Bobby has to play 30 plus minutes. And Lopez has to be monitored. You can't start him in the drop and get behind 10 points every game.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#377 » by Antinomy » Sat May 14, 2022 3:57 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Sorry Gianni we were looking for 55/30/10 apparently

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app

I'm not sure that would be enough.

I’m not sure how he’d get the assists.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#378 » by Antinomy » Sat May 14, 2022 4:01 pm

Looking at the box score……

How the F*CK did Bobby only play 29 minutes yesterday?

Idgaf if they start Ibaka next game! Just get Allen & Hill off the floor.

Wes needs to give us more than 28 minutes too — we’ve gone to a switching defense so there’s no reason for him to be tired compared to earlier in the series.

I actually understand playing Grayson to certain extent, because maybe he could hit some 3s & be an x-factor.

There is literally no justification for Hill being out there for 20 minutes.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#379 » by FAH1223 » Sat May 14, 2022 4:02 pm

Read on Twitter
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#380 » by PG Graveyard » Sat May 14, 2022 4:08 pm

mattg wrote:

I mean Bud shouldn't be worried about getting roasted for making decisions as he's the coach with championship clout. And if he doesn't have the clout to bench George Hill who hasn't been reliable and healthy since literally 2019 then he needs to be fired.

Additionally Carter played well in game 1 so there's already precedent in this series of Carter being more impactful than Hill. He might be smaller than Hill, but he takes away space because he can actually move his feet and play substantially closer to offensive players so he doesn't actually end up playing smaller. Factor in that he plays with far more energy and hustle than Hill and it's such a no brainer that it's inexcusable. Carter is also a good matchup in this series because of how the refs have called it, it plays perfectly to his strengths and he will 100% generate turnovers with his defense even vs the big wings like Brown and Tatum because they have weak handles and Carter can sit in their pocket.

Hill is not Khris Middleton, never was, never had that clout. He's been a 7th/8th man here, the situation is not the same. One guy is a multi time all star, one guy is best known for quitting on the team. Hill has been given a ton of minutes and hasn't been able to give us ANYTHING remotely positive at all. He also is completely incapable of giving the contributions that previously made him valuable on offense (can't run a PnR or even get open anymore). Also, I don't think Hill looks healthy at all, he moves for **** and can barely dribble.

I thought Carter did a pretty decent job in game 1 vs Brown and Smart. It’s obviously just an on the margin move but really seems like a no brainer here.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks