D
31%

Total votes: 36

soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Re: #24 - MarJon Beauchamp - Poll Added 

Post#801 » by soxperry » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:02 pm

rilamann wrote:The thing I like about MarJon is that he seems like a guy who is willing to accept his role and be a star in that role. Those are the types guys you want on a championship caliber team.

Unlike a guy like Nwora who doesn't seem to accept his role and tries to do too much. Which leads to a bunch of bad shots and a bunch of unforced turnovers. Which eventually leads to him getting permanently benched by the all-star break.

MarJon has the right attitude, we'll find out soon if he can actually play.

if hes a worker i think hes got a shot. nwora doesn't seem to have that. i remember watching a video on bucks.com of bucks players goofing around at practice and nwora pointed at khris and said, "Thats my mentor right there," and Khris responded in a matter of fact tone like "ahh no, that ship sailed a long time ago man...."

i was surprised they got something that real on tape and actually posted it. could be im just not in tune w the latest sarcasm. but to me that was very telling in regards to Nwora.

That they put Marjon next to Giannis in the locker room was a great idea, i just hope Marjon is good enough to justify it or its going to get awkward.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#802 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 pm

Yeah Beauchamp being placed between Gianni and Jrue should do wonders for his work ethic and professionalism. And this team needs a young, athletic player who will do garbage duty and hardly require any plays set up for him. He has a nose for the ball and the basket which is a great quality to have out of the gate. A consistent corner three would be excellent.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#803 » by rilamann » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:14 pm

soxperry wrote:
rilamann wrote:The thing I like about MarJon is that he seems like a guy who is willing to accept his role and be a star in that role. Those are the types guys you want on a championship caliber team.

Unlike a guy like Nwora who doesn't seem to accept his role and tries to do too much. Which leads to a bunch of bad shots and a bunch of unforced turnovers. Which eventually leads to him getting permanently benched by the all-star break.

if hes a worker i think hes got a shot. nwora doesn't seem to have that. i remember watching a video on bucks.com of bucks players goofing around at practice and nwora pointed at khris and said, "Thats my mentor right there," and Khris responded in a matter of fact tone like "ahh no, that ship sailed a long time ago man...."

i was surprised they got something that real on tape and actually posted it. could be im just not in tune w the latest sarcasm. but to me that was very telling in regards to Nwora.

That they put Marjon next to Giannis in the locker room was a great idea, i just hope Marjon is good enough to justify it or its going to get awkward.

Nwora seems like one of those people who never takes anything seriously. He seems like he's the type who is always goofing off and thinks everything is a joke. Nothing wrong with having some fun but you have to know the time and place and take your job seriously at some point. Giannis has fun and tells his dad jokes, but Giannis is not going to be running up the court laughing after dribbling the ball off his foot.

That and the fact Nwora doesn't seem like a guy who accepts his role is going be his downfall. Talent wise, I think he could be a pretty decent NBA rotation player. He just doesn't have the focus or the mentality for it.

MarJon seems to have the right focus and mentality, we just need to find out if he has the talent to go with it.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#804 » by Shaffty » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:46 am

this is what the g league ignite does
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#805 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:26 pm

Shaffty wrote:

It's gonna be interesting seeing how all the Ignite guys develop and how much that factors into the future draft stock of these amateur prospects that take the G-league route. Let's just say I don't think I feel confident the Ignite coaching staff is really teaching these kids defensive fundamentals as their first priority.

Green looked ok but was far and away the least impressive rookie in that Top-4 group that were all billed as franchise-player level talents. The raw talent is certainly there, but there's already some rumblings about Kuminga's lackluster work ethic. Then this year you have Daniels and Hardy, both supremely talented offensive prospects, but a bit of chucker mentality and playstyle concerns as well. Todd barely got PT on a bad WAS team so who knows, could be a complete bust or could come around as a rotation guy. MarJon seems like the lone exception where his talents are better suited as a supporting role-player.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#806 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

It's gonna be interesting seeing how all the Ignite guys develop and how much that factors into the future draft stock of these amateur prospects that take the G-league route. Let's just say I don't think I feel confident the Ignite coaching staff is really teaching these kids defensive fundamentals as their first priority.

Green looked ok but was far and away the least impressive rookie in that Top-4 group that were all billed as franchise-player level talents. The raw talent is certainly there, but there's already some rumblings about Kuminga's lackluster work ethic. Then this year you have Daniels and Hardy, both supremely talented offensive prospects, but a bit of chucker mentality and playstyle concerns as well. Todd barely got PT on a bad WAS team so who knows, could be a complete bust or could come around as a rotation guy. MarJon seems like the lone exception where his talents are better suited as a supporting role-player.

I like the idea of the Ignite team, but think it is a little overrate. It's 6 months where players are treated like kings since they have all the leverage since they are not paid. Coaches in college nor G-league are going to totally hold a top 5 draft pick 100% to task on defense. Its probably bad to point out draft picks that are underwhelming based on their projected potential, since that describes 75% of all pics. I don't see people saying I'm not picking Duke guys, look at how bad Jabari was on defense.

IMO It is still probably way better than going to a school, like say MU, where even if they practice hard are going against guys supposedly named Ben Gold. Except for a few conference and tourney games, the majority of their 30 game season is spent playing against teenagers that wouldn't even make summer league rosters. Add in having to play school and being distracted by college life, I like the mindset of spending that year focusing on development in a pro-style atmosphere.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,941

Post#807 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:26 am

Read on Twitter
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,337

Post#808 » by HKPackFan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:37 am

soxperry wrote:

Wow,

I was literally thinking this morning.... That it seems like nwora thinks he's all star Middleton, but ironically has no idea nor clue/care about the absolute grind and work Khris took to become all star Middleton. And here you have Jordan implying it.

And Marjon, seems like a guy who says.... Coach gimme a chance I'll do anything. And coach tells him to play D or be a garbage man and Marjon is going to work his tail off to do that 100% over and over again.

It just seems like two vastly different attitudes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,728

Post#809 » by AussieBuck » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:03 am

HKPackFan wrote:
soxperry wrote:

Wow,

I was literally thinking this morning.... That it seems like nwora thinks he's all star Middleton, but ironically has no idea nor clue/care about the absolute grind and work Khris took to become all star Middleton. And here you have Jordan implying it.

And Marjon, seems like a guy who says.... Coach gimme a chance I'll do anything. And coach tells him to play D or be a garbage man and Marjon is going to work his tail off to do that 100% over and over again.

Middleton never had me at ease as a mentor type for Nwora. He's got that Redd thing going on where he's either got the hard work behind him and/or he does it on his own in the offseason and then cruises through the regular season. What's Nwora getting from what he sees other than talented bucket getter goes at his own pace?

He didn't see Mids fighting Giannis through practice after practice when they were fighting for SF minutes in the early days trying to establish themselves in the league. He's watching the vet all star work on his post iso action at his own pace.

The kid has probably already joined the Giannis/Pat gym junkie group and learned quickly what hard work is if he's still wondering.

*This post is not at all a shot at Middleton*
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#810 » by HKPackFan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:11 am

AussieBuck wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
soxperry wrote:

Wow,

Middleton never had me at ease as a mentor type for Nwora. He's got that Redd thing going on where he's either got the hard work behind him and/or he does it on his own in the offseason and then cruises through the regular season. What's Nwora getting from what he sees other than talented bucket getter goes at his own pace?

He didn't see Mids fighting Giannis through practice after practice when they were fighting for SF minutes in the early days trying to establish themselves in the league. He's watching the vet all star work on his post iso action at his own pace.

The kid has probably already joined the Giannis/Pat gym junkie group and learned quickly what hard work is if he's still wondering.

*This post is not at all a shot at Middleton*

I think that's the irony. He sees Khris as this finished product, and says.... Ya that's basically me, I just need a chance to show it.

Missing the whole point of Khris's journey especially those first few years.

I feel marjon has a better shot at being a regular rotation guy just based on attitude vs Jordan.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#811 » by Badgerlander » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:31 am

Middleton has always had that nba level one legged mid range shot that he can get off against any defender. Nwora has no nba level skill that he can go to when nothing else is working outside of his 3pt shot. MarJon looks like he has the standing reach to get his shot off and to finish around the rim, plus hustle on D. If his corner 3pt is real he might stick.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#812 » by emunney » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:56 pm

Show me somebody who says defense is 100% effort and I'll show you somebody who will never understand defense.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#813 » by raferfenix » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:33 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Read on Twitter

I watched this a couple of times and am struck by Jrue reporting on how much he has shown offensively in particular:

Athletic, tall, and he’s hungry. I feel like that’s the most important thing. He loves the game of basketball you can tell. He doesn’t back down from anybody. He’s got a great shot, can get to the basket, can finish over the top of guys, and he has the length on defense. He brings this all around game that is really good for us and that we like. He just needs some experience kind of playing against real NBA guys, having that confidence when taking those shots that we are going to need him to take, and he’s been doing it. He’s been doing it here with no fears.

Seems like MarJon could be playing a significant role soon enough if he's already showing this much out of the gate.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,498

Post#814 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 1, 2022 1:43 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#815 » by 4xBuck » Sat Oct 1, 2022 9:36 am

HKPackFan wrote:
soxperry wrote:if hes a worker i think hes got a shot. Nwora doesn't seem to have that.

wow,

I was literally thinking this morning.... That it seems like Nwora thinks he's all star Middleton, but ironically has no idea nor clue/care about the absolute grind and work khris took to become all star Middleton.

Interesting takes... So, Nwora hanging out in Milwaukee for most of the offseason lifting and working on defense is what- total BS; it doesn't count because it's not inline with the agenda to bash all things Nwora or something else?
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#816 » by HKPackFan » Sat Oct 1, 2022 10:24 am

4xBuck wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
soxperry wrote:if hes a worker i think hes got a shot. Nwora doesn't seem to have that.

wow,

I was literally thinking this morning.... That it seems like Nwora thinks he's all star Middleton, but ironically has no idea nor clue/care about the absolute grind and work khris took to become all star Middleton.

Interesting takes... So, Nwora hanging out in Milwaukee for most of the offseason lifting and working on defense is what- total BS; it doesn't count because it's not inline with the agenda to bash all things Nwora or something else?

I can only go by what I've seen on the court.

I hope I'm wrong and he's a new player this season, we could use some youth.
#FreeChuckDiesel
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#817 » by 4xBuck » Sat Oct 1, 2022 11:06 am

HKPackFan wrote:
4xBuck wrote:Interesting takes... So, Nwora hanging out in Milwaukee for most of the offseason lifting and working on defense is what- total BS; it doesn't count because it's not inline with the agenda to bash all things Nwora or something else?

Fair enough. He's flashed some talent as a shooter, a guy who can get his own shot and as a rebounder. Those are flashes. Overall, last year, he was disappointing with his overall game and kind of indifferent body language.

But, you also dinged him for work ethic. By all accounts, he worked hard on his game and body this summer. Is that irrelevant somehow?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,941

Post#818 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Oct 1, 2022 6:50 pm

4xBuck wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
4xBuck wrote:Interesting takes... So, Nwora hanging out in Milwaukee for most of the offseason lifting and working on defense is what- total BS; it doesn't count because it's not inline with the agenda to bash all things Nwora or something else?

Fair enough. He's flashed some talent as a shooter, a guy who can get his own shot and as a rebounder. Those are flashes. Overall, last year, he was disappointing with his overall game and kind of indifferent body language.

But, you also dinged him for work ethic. By all accounts, he worked hard on his game and body this summer. Is that irrelevant somehow?

Last year was a pretty let down showing by Jordan. Showed those flashes but it was very brief. Committ to being that version of himself & he's pushing the rotation.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#819 » by Shaffty » Sun Oct 2, 2022 5:19 pm

From Nehms athletic article on the game

“I think you can see the physical attributes that he brings to the game, his length, his athleticism. Can guard multiple positions,” Lee said of Beauchamp after the game. “I thought that he made a really big impact defensively and then offensively, we put him in a bunch of situations.”
“He had to be a pick-and-roll ballhandler. He played off some (dribble handoffs). I thought he made some pretty quick decisions and let it fly when open. Good first night for him in front of a crowd and stuff and he has a great way about him, like a quiet competitor, that comes in with the right mindset and approach every day. So really happy with the step he took tonight in his first preseason game.
While the Bucks’ main focus will be competing for a championship this season, they also have a group of veterans that care about imparting their wisdom to the next generation. Matthews did not play after tweaking his ankle in Friday’s practice, but that didn’t keep him from consistently making a break from his chair on the end of the bench to find Beauchamp as he exited for a timeout. Before the rookie even got near the bench, Matthews was in his ear, talking to the rookie about what he was seeing out on the floor on recent possessions.
“That’s love, man,” Beauchamp said of Matthews. “That’s my guy. First day I met him, he’s been genuine and been there for me and just trying to help me because he’s been in the league for 14 years, so he knows a lot. And I’m just taking it all in. But nah, he’s been hyping me up since I’ve been here.”
Matthews did not speak to reporters after the game since he was out with an ankle injury, but he did reference helping Beauchamp in particular earlier in the week.
“I’ve had a conversation with him where it was like, ‘Anything that he’s going through, he’s never going to be alone with it.’ He can always come to anybody,” Matthews said. “And sometimes we may even see it before he wants to come to somebody about it. It’s like a village raising a son. He’s got some special to him and we all see it and we’re all excited for him to be here and help in any way that we can.

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#820 » by Couch Potato » Sun Oct 2, 2022 10:46 pm

Not to put a lot of pressure on Beauchamp to be a beast and start. But I think he should. He's a hungry kid. Almost homeless and tough times. I think this kid will do well for the Bucks. I'd hold off on him in most trades unless for a star coming back. Not a old injured star or almost washed up either. So yeah nothing left. Let the kid have some fun I hope he starts over ALLEN at SG.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks