D
31%

Total votes: 36

leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Re: #24 - MarJon Beauchamp - Poll Added 

Post#821 » by leroyjw10 » Sun Oct 2, 2022 11:57 pm

I remain pretty skeptical on Marjon's offensive game. Outside of some bad fouls, he showed some good activity on defense. But when on offense, it's an adventure. His passing, ball-handling and shooting all feel at least a year away from being at an NBA level. He's like a poor man's Tony Allen at this point.

I hope it comes sooner, but I'm not confident it will.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#822 » by Shaffty » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:59 pm

Only take away from Marjons first game should be the one footed dunk.

Every dunk or jump in summerleague was a 2 footed jump and it was a detriment several times on fast breaks.

The fact that he/the team saw that weakness and they already started to fix it is very promising.

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,731

Post#823 » by emunney » Mon Oct 3, 2022 3:15 pm

MarJon's got to keep working on his all around skill level, clearly, and especially ball-handling so he can take advantage of that long, explosive first step. But the most intriguing thing about him is combining that motor with how absolutely huge he's going to be. Artest was already huge when he was drafted but I'm not sure MarJon's frame is much smaller, he's just far less developed. He's going to be able to defend a really wide range of players in a year or two.

I think his shot's a work in progress as he tries to speed up the release and shoot off the hop more, but I like the wrist involvement and how the ball comes off his hand, and I definitely buy him being a good shooter in time. Dribbling [in NBA traffic] is a lot farther away imo.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#824 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 12:18 pm

Beauchamp looks fine. He has solid instincts and is generally where he needs to be. Once he settles in, I think he's going to be solid.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#825 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 4, 2022 8:33 pm

emunney wrote:But the most intriguing thing about him is combining that motor with how absolutely huge he's going to be. Artest was already huge when he was drafted but I'm not sure MarJon's frame is much smaller, he's just far less developed. He's going to be able to defend a really wide range of players in a year or two.

I think you hit the nail on the head, this guys frame has a lot of potential for development. I'm hoping he also gets more explosive with NBA training.

Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#826 » by Shaffty » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:14 pm

CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#827 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:59 pm

Good thing for MJB is being drafted on a really good team with not only the best player alive (who happens to be the model for player development and work ethic), but also other really good veteran players who are, as far as we know, model citizens with pro attitudes. He'll get opportunity to get some minutes, especially in the first half of the year which could very well pay dividends toward the gear up to the playoffs.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#828 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:17 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Good thing for MJB is being drafted on a really good team with not only the best player alive (who happens to be the model for player development and work ethic), but also other really good veteran players who are, as far as we know, model citizens with pro attitudes. He'll get opportunity to get some minutes, especially in the first half of the year which could very well pay dividends toward the gear up to the playoffs.

I guess outside of him maybe having an influence on Khris, do we have example of a player where we can evenly anecdotally say Giannis made X player better?
Nwora has not gotten any better, Jabari/DDV/Merrill/Others didn't develop enough to stick around, vets have come and gone. Maybe Bobby? I love Giannis but I think we overrate how transferrable his work ethic/leadership is. He isn't the Kobe/Jordan/Butler type to force players to change. He leads by example, but that can be limited.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#829 » by Shaffty » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:21 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Good thing for MJB is being drafted on a really good team with not only the best player alive (who happens to be the model for player development and work ethic), but also other really good veteran players who are, as far as we know, model citizens with pro attitudes. He'll get opportunity to get some minutes, especially in the first half of the year which could very well pay dividends toward the gear up to the playoffs.

I guess outside of him maybe having an influence on Khris, do we have example of a player where we can evenly anecdotally say Giannis made X player better?
Nwora has not gotten any better, Jabari/DDV/Merrill/Others didn't develop enough to stick around, vets have come and gone. Maybe Bobby? I love Giannis but I think we overrate how transferrable his work ethic/leadership is. He isn't the Kobe/Jordan/Butler type to force players to change. He leads by example, but that can be limited.

patty C
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#830 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:30 pm

Pat and Bobby for sure. And it always helps that Gianni is very coachable in the Duncan mold. Always want a young player to see that.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,683

Post#831 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:07 pm

All I know is that it's never a bad thing when a young player is surrounded by veterans with good habits. Just look at Andrew Wiggins. Dude was well on his way to being Joe Smith 2.0, gets traded to a competent organization, and now in Year 2 with Golden State already looks like one of the best 3&D guys in the league. The talent has to already be there, but I think that's the least of worries with MJB.
emunney
RealGM

Post#832 » by emunney » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Shaffty wrote:

patty C

Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#833 » by Shaffty » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:23 pm

emunney wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I guess outside of him maybe having an influence on Khris, do we have example of a player where we can evenly anecdotally say Giannis made X player better?

patty C

idk yet
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#834 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:38 pm

emunney wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I guess outside of him maybe having an influence on Khris, do we have example of a player where we can evenly anecdotally say Giannis made X player better?

patty C

ETA i guess you cant due a URL timestamp? Start at 24 seconds
emunney
RealGM

Post#835 » by emunney » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:42 pm

emunney wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

patty C

ETA i guess you cant due a URL timestamp? Start at 24 seconds

<quietly notes that the Bulls starters are better than the Herd>
Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#836 » by Shaffty » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=E1Ie4e38W_tvKJxS6aMCgQ&s=19

Giannis basically calling marjon our kawhi

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#837 » by Jez2983 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:27 pm

This post is two weeks old, but I would suggest Snell, Thon, Bobby and Patty all played their best ball with Giannis. Khris and Jrue could also be argued to have had their biggest oncourt impact with him. At times I think he's getting close to unlocking Grayson too.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#838 » by Shaffty » Sat Nov 5, 2022 5:01 am

Shaffty wrote:Marjon background i wrote for a friend i figured id post here so we are all on the same page

So he was a top aau prospect in highschool, 5 star. Mvp of one of the hardest aau leagues as a junior and was going head to head against alot of guys from the 2021 draft class and holding his own. Then he decided instead of going to college he would go to a private training facility in san fran called chamelon BX that was run by former nba coaches because he wanted to work on his body and add muscle (and rumor is he had some academic problems that woulda made getting into some colleges tough, however he did have lots of offers from alabama georgetown washington and usc.)

So he joins this private facility and then covid hits and cali shuts everything down. Hes stuck lifting alone in his apartment and trying to find outside courts to play in and spirals into lonliness and depression and moves home.

Basically is forgotten and is about to quit ball all together, when his childhood friends convince him to come play for their team at the local community college, where he remembers why hes loves basketball and also dominates. Then with the some help from jamal crawford he gets a try out for the g league ignite and makes the team. He becomes the 2nd leading scorer on a team with a bunch of greedy guards and a coach who admitted he never ran a play for him.

Hes an elite 5 star prospect who because of covid and his choices kind of got forgotten by the league.

be on the right side of history
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,405

Post#839 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Nov 5, 2022 5:08 am

He'll have some bad games and get ripped but he definitely showed something tonight for a team that really needed an influx of young talent.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#840 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Nov 5, 2022 5:09 am

He is 22 so Im not sure how much weight he will gain. I think he will fit in regardless.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks