ImageImage

ATL - Poole 4/140

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,479

Re: ATL - Herro 4/130 extension 

Post#1061 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:29 am

I don’t know much about Poole’s personality, but this is pretty on brand for Draymond. It’s a little surprising after a title run but money/ego always trumps winning and those guys futures are linked.

As far as that Simmons trade, I don’t think it helps the warriors all that much, and it does make the lakers significantly better but probably doesn’t push them into contention, which shouldn’t stop them if it’s available.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,545

Post#1062 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Oct 6, 2022 12:57 pm

Lol, **** posting Simmons is the best Simmons, but GS would never do that deal. I get that he's getting older and may no longer be the DPOTY level guy he once was, but Draymond's still way too important to their identity and scheme. They'd cut bait with Poole (and so would I) way before they move Dray.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1063 » by raferfenix » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:20 pm

Not surprised Draymond would be set off by Poole getting extended instead of him (and probably talking trash about it).

If the Warriors were to risk letting Green walk, could he just sign with the Lakers as a free agent in the offseason?

Draymond has also been linked to Detroit fwiw (certainly could be agent leaks to negotiate in the media):

"Green has always wanted to play for the [Detroit] Pistons at some point,” Jack Simone of Heavy.com said. "getting the chance to play for his hometown team would likely be a dream come true.”

Tasked with paying Green along with Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins and Jordan Poole, who all sit at or near the end of their current contracts, the Warriors will be hit hard when it comes to their wallets. Recent estimates expect Golden State's luxury tax bill to soar near the $500 million range.

Still owed $27.6 million next season, that's where Green's departure could take place. And an NBA executive, who spoke with Sean Deveney of Heavy.com believes this could work.

“Draymond has always wanted to go there, he has always wanted to play for the Pistons," the executive told Deveney. "And they’ll have the cap space. It’s hard to see Draymond playing anywhere else outside Golden State but if it going to happen anywhere, Detroit would be a good bet."

https://www.si.com/nba/warriors/.amp/news/draymond-green-playing-for-pistons-could-be-a-dream-come-true
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#1064 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:53 pm

From what I've gathered from Warriors fans on Reddit, Poole is a known **** talker that thinks he's the second coming. So yeah, I can see that getting under Dray's skin given the extension variables in play.

Mind you, I hate Dray and his personality. Not trying to explain it away for him.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#1065 » by jute2003 » Thu Oct 6, 2022 2:07 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:From what I've gathered from Warriors fans on Reddit, Poole is a known **** talker that thinks he's the second coming. So yeah, I can see that getting under Dray's skin given the extension variables in play.

Mind you, I hate Dray and his personality. Not trying to explain it away for him.
**** + dbag = punches thrown

Shocker
only a fan, only an opinion
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,929

Post#1066 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 6, 2022 2:55 pm

Sounds like Poole is the problem, or Draymond has an agent that's better at leaking things.

But with Draymond I always think of this whenever reports come out about him beefing with someone.

Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#1067 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Oct 6, 2022 3:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Sounds like Poole is the problem, or Draymond has an agent that's better at leaking things.

But with Draymond I always think of this whenever reports come out about him beefing with someone.

That was such a perfect clip. Draymond (and Richard Sherman) are two guys that need to watch that clip and take a weekend retreat to reflect on what it means about them.

My favorite Draymond moment was when he told Masai Ujiri he couldn't understand racism, because he was from Canada.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,619

Post#1068 » by emunney » Thu Oct 6, 2022 5:01 pm

Well can we trade for Poole then?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#1069 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Oct 6, 2022 7:03 pm

Dray hitting Kerr, that's the hysterical part in this.

*Maybe Steve jumped in to avoid further issues if it landed.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1070 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 6, 2022 7:13 pm

It's highly amusing that Draymond has spent the last 10 months talking about the death of traditional media, declaring himself New Media™, and the first incident he's involved in this season he goes the traditional media route of having Klutch leak to the Athletic and be his mouthpiece.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1071 » by BucksFanSD » Thu Oct 6, 2022 8:45 pm

Draymond's contract already looking really bad (negative value), now worse with another episode.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#1072 » by ReginaldDwight » Fri Oct 7, 2022 12:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Utterly fascinated with this deal and don’t know what to think of it

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=c-MuXTmdbkYDjTrISTiDhw

The Rare Lose Lose Lose trade IMO.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,863

Post#1073 » by RiotPunch » Fri Oct 7, 2022 12:16 am

0.0000000000000000000% chance Indy moves Turner and Hield for.................. just Westbrook.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,863

Post#1074 » by RiotPunch » Fri Oct 7, 2022 12:17 am

Draymond is just jumpstarting his shock merchant post-playing career, he knows he's french toast.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#1075 » by Prez » Fri Oct 7, 2022 12:44 am

RiotPunch wrote:0.0000000000000000000% chance Indy moves Turner and Hield for.................. just Westbrook.

They're getting the '27 and '29 LAL 1sts in that deal
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1076 » by raferfenix » Fri Oct 7, 2022 1:21 am

Those Lakers firsts are some of the most valuable assets theoretically available at the moment.

Myles Turner in contrast is injury prone and on an ending contract at a stage in his career where his next deal could be awful if his health doesn’t hold out.

I don’t see the Warriors extending Turner. If they trade Green I think they’d want someone for more than just this season at a baseline.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#1077 » by mattg » Fri Oct 7, 2022 1:49 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:It would be a cool story of the local kid finding great success at the highest level.... except he's such a D-bag

Don’t follow him much, but my impression is that he and Dad generally want the NBA world to think he’s from Compton or grew up on 8-mile with Eminem. Can’t recall them ever embracing any Wisconsin narratives, once he made the decision to attend Kentucky.

that has NEVER been the case. Only on this board where 95% of posters are UW hardcores who still aren't over getting jilted by a HS kid not wanting to play for their program is that somehow a myth. Herro has talked about being from a "small town" where people don't generally make it to the highest level of athletics, which is true. Whitnall is like a 800 some enrollment public school, they don't recruit like private HS do, and is not some hotbed of basketball talent other than having strong youth programs feeding their HS. Name another white kid who's made it as a guard in the NBA from suburban Milwaukee?

Aside from the fact that Herro sponsors the top AAU team in the state that he created, his inner circle is literally his family, an ex-Whitnall player who he met when he was in like 4th grade when that guy was helping out as a high schooler at the local elementary school, and even when Herro got drafted he had the custom suit repping Whitnall and UK. He still shouts out Wisconsin all the time. Literally wtf do some of you want from the kid?

If you want to clown how he talks go right ahead, but the fact is the kid spent most afternoons after school in middle and HS playing at the boys and girls club in a straight up garbage ass neighborhood surrounded by people who talk like that. Yeah, maybe it comes across as disingenuous, or maybe it just was out of a desire to fit in as a teenager who completely stood out from everyone he was surrounded by?

Also, listening to how people describe Herro as an NBA player on here is ABSURD. This board like I said can't look at him with any sort of remote objectivity. This particular board has ALWAYS struggled evaluating young guards and never seems to learn from their mistakes evaluating young guards, Devin Booker was literally trashed on here his first however many years as a total loser chucker, posters here have no comprehension of how long it takes young skilled guards to develop a complete floor game, continually writing off young dudes who are like 22-23 years old because they aren't scoring high volume at 60+TS% with elite playmaking and defense, as if there are more than a few of those dudes total in the entire NBA. You'd think Miami just signed a total bum to 130m deal. His age completely disregarded. Fact that he was injured in the playoffs? Doesn't matter. The fact that he has literally improved immensely EVERY SINGLE YEAR since he was like 14 years old and continues to still work and get better? Disregarded. You've got people trying to legit compare him to Grayson **** Allen. I'm half expecting some clown to pipe in and say they'd rather sign Jeremy Lamb or Alec Burks to that deal. The kid's work ethic is legitimately maniacal. Like the only player we have on the same tier of worker is Giannis, no other player on our roster works remotely near as hard as Herro and that's why this deal will be a total steal unless he literally destroys his knee or something.

Is he a bit douchey as a millionaire 22 year old pro athlete? Sure he wears cut offs showing his biceps while talking to the media, dresses in a way that I wouldn't consider cuz it's stupid looking, and has bad tattoos...but that's just called being young.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1078 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 7, 2022 2:07 am

Found Mama Herro's burner. Gotta admit, hell of a long game.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,545

Post#1079 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 7, 2022 2:22 am

mattg wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:It would be a cool story of the local kid finding great success at the highest level.... except he's such a D-bag

Don’t follow him much, but my impression is that he and Dad generally want the NBA world to think he’s from Compton or grew up on 8-mile with Eminem. Can’t recall them ever embracing any Wisconsin narratives, once he made the decision to attend Kentucky.

that has NEVER been the case. Only on this board where 95% of posters are UW hardcores who still aren't over getting jilted by a HS kid not wanting to play for their program is that somehow a myth. Herro has talked about being from a "small town" where people don't generally make it to the highest level of athletics, which is true. Whitnall is like a 800 some enrollment public school, they don't recruit like private HS do, and is not some hotbed of basketball talent other than having strong youth programs feeding their HS. Name another white kid who's made it as a guard in the NBA from suburban Milwaukee?

Aside from the fact that Herro sponsors the top AAU team in the state that he created, his inner circle is literally his family, an ex-Whitnall player who he met when he was in like 4th grade when that guy was helping out as a high schooler at the local elementary school, and even when Herro got drafted he had the custom suit repping Whitnall and UK. He still shouts out Wisconsin all the time. Literally wtf do some of you want from the kid?

If you want to clown how he talks go right ahead, but the fact is the kid spent most afternoons after school in middle and HS playing at the boys and girls club in a straight up garbage ass neighborhood surrounded by people who talk like that. Yeah, maybe it comes across as disingenuous, or maybe it just was out of a desire to fit in as a teenager who completely stood out from everyone he was surrounded by?

Also, listening to how people describe Herro as an NBA player on here is ABSURD. This board like I said can't look at him with any sort of remote objectivity. This particular board has ALWAYS struggled evaluating young guards and never seems to learn from their mistakes evaluating young guards, Devin Booker was literally trashed on here his first however many years as a total loser chucker, posters here have no comprehension of how long it takes young skilled guards to develop a complete floor game, continually writing off young dudes who are like 22-23 years old because they aren't scoring high volume at 60+TS% with elite playmaking and defense, as if there are more than a few of those dudes total in the entire NBA. You'd think Miami just signed a total bum to 130m deal. His age completely disregarded. Fact that he was injured in the playoffs? Doesn't matter. The fact that he has literally improved immensely EVERY SINGLE YEAR since he was like 14 years old and continues to still work and get better? Disregarded. You've got people trying to legit compare him to Grayson **** Allen. I'm half expecting some clown to pipe in and say they'd rather sign Jeremy Lamb or Alec Burks to that deal. The kid's work ethic is legitimately maniacal. Like the only player we have on the same tier of worker is Giannis, no other player on our roster works remotely near as hard as Herro and that's why this deal will be a total steal unless he literally destroys his knee or something.

Is he a bit douchey as a millionaire 22 year old pro athlete? Sure he wears cut offs showing his biceps while talking to the media, dresses in a way that I wouldn't consider cuz it's stupid looking, and has bad tattoos...but that's just called being young.

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#1080 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Oct 7, 2022 2:28 am

Personally, would have rather signed Alec Burks to that deal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks