ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Bucks Get Khash Back (From the Herd)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Training Camp Opens 

Post#341 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 4:03 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Am I just missing the Clarkson tweet? Am not seeing anything new.

Apparently there was a tweet from somebody random that a deal was close that MD deleted and I can't seem to find anywhere so :dontknow:

A cousin of mine sent some post from a page called "NBA Updates" via a guy named Michael Saenz (no clue who that is) claiming the Bucks "are nearing an agreement with the Utah Jazz that'll send Jordan Clarkson to Milwaukee." Per MD it's fake news. Could just be a clickbait social media post (I don't have social media).
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,818

Post#342 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Oct 5, 2022 4:09 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Am I just missing the Clarkson tweet? Am not seeing anything new.

Apparently there was a tweet from somebody random that a deal was close that MD deleted and I can't seem to find anywhere so :dontknow:

A cousin of mine sent some post from a page called "NBA Updates" via a guy named Michael Saenz (no clue who that is) claiming the Bucks "are nearing an agreement with the Utah Jazz that'll send Jordan Clarkson to Milwaukee." Per MD it's fake news. Could just be a clickbait social media post (I don't have social media).

Ah yeah that's lame. I thought maybe it was a "guy on twitter has actual inside info" situation but that sounds like pure fake news.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#343 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Oct 5, 2022 4:16 pm

As much I'd like to get Clarkson or Crowder on the Bucks, and am open to trading Grayson, I'm thinking leaving the SG position up to Wes & MarJon is a dicey scenario unless there's a followup move planned to shore up SG.

*Although, Tony Snell is still out there....
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#344 » by MVP2110 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 4:34 pm

In this article Donte mentions how he thought he was getting dealt to Boston last year for Dennis Schroder
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,218

Post#345 » by Matches Malone » Wed Oct 5, 2022 4:36 pm

Wholesome content for a little Wednesday pick-me-up.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#346 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

I mean, this is a pretty obvious "no duh" quote from Grayson (also relevant when speaking about Giannis). Shocking it took Bud three years to figure this out.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#347 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:40 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:As much I'd like to get Clarkson or Crowder on the Bucks, and am open to trading Grayson, I'm thinking leaving the SG position up to Wes & MarJon is a dicey scenario unless there's a followup move planned to shore up SG.

If you add Crowder, Khris is the SG.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,085

Post#348 » by DingleJerry » Wed Oct 5, 2022 5:49 pm

I'd assume Wes would be the technical starter and Clarkson would stagger to be off the bench. But your best/closing etc type lineup would essentially be Clarkson as the 1/Jrue 2. Label however you want I guess, but those would be your two guards, and they do complement each other fairly well with opposite skillsets. Clarkson is listed at 6'4

Someone posted a bit back how Clarkson would be a great tank commander. That's probably true, elevating him to lead type guy is a role he's not good enough for if a team wants to win. But he'd put up some gawdy ppgz. Almost wonder if he'd rather stay in Utah for that role and use it to get a big contract from some dumb team. He's only 30. Could make an argument financially that would be better for him than being the 4th man on a winning team, getting 15ish ppg.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#349 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 7:26 pm

MVP2110 wrote:In this article Donte mentions how he thought he was getting dealt to Boston last year for Dennis Schroder

I read that whole piece. Nowhere in it do we get the money shot, i.e. a discussion of what exactly Donte and his agent were asking for in a new contract.

I am of firm belief that after that John Hollinger piece, where he said Donte should get "4 years/$99 million" that it stuck in Donte's head. So he blew his opportunity to sign what would have been a lucrative extension the Bucks offered. And the Kings let him go to UFA as well. There is a lot of "Sprewell" or "Nerlens Noel" asking for too much and ending up getting burned.

All that said, he'll thrive with GSW and he's perfectly paid given his injury risk.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#350 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Oct 5, 2022 8:00 pm

MVP2110 wrote:In this article Donte mentions how he thought he was getting dealt to Boston last year for Dennis Schroder

link to article please??
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#351 » by MVP2110 » Wed Oct 5, 2022 8:40 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:

link to article please??

Read on Twitter
?t=WcBFuh4f95jX3VnT9K53CQ&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,825

Post#352 » by tedbrogen » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:13 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:As much I'd like to get Clarkson or Crowder on the Bucks, and am open to trading Grayson, I'm thinking leaving the SG position up to Wes & MarJon is a dicey scenario unless there's a followup move planned to shore up SG.

If you add Crowder, Khris is the SG.

Any team with two quick guards would torch the Bucks. Not that Grayson at SG solves that but they would need a plan for a closing lineup that didn’t feature Midds as the 2.

Guess it would hurt them against the Celtics though, if the idea is they are the only team capable of sticking with a healthy Bucks in the east.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,201

Post#353 » by dbrodz7 » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:26 am

Jordan Clarkson would make a perfect Buck. 41.9% from the field and 31.8% from 3 last year. He's a career 43.9% shooter and 33.8% from 3. In other words he sucks at shooting and would fit in perfectly with the rest of our lineup that forgets how to shoot in the playoffs. I can already see him going 0/8 from 3 in a big game of the conference finals. Is Clarkson an elite defender or something? Otherwise, I'm not seeing why people want him. If you let Nwora shoot 14 times a game he can score 16 PPGZ too.
Misery loves company
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#354 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:40 am

dbrodz7 wrote:Jordan Clarkson would make a perfect Buck. 41.9% from the field and 31.8% from 3 last year. He's a career 43.9% shooter and 33.8% from 3. In other words he sucks at shooting and would fit in perfectly with the rest of our lineup that forgets how to shoot in the playoffs. I can already see him going 0/8 from 3 in a big game of the conference finals. Is Clarkson an elite defender or something? Otherwise, I'm not seeing why people want him. If you let Nwora shoot 14 times a game he can score 16 PPGZ too.

Been a 38/38/42/40/42% " wide open" shooter the past 5 years, probably hard to say he doesn't have the capability to knock down shots he'd see. I'm not overly enamored with Clarkson but I do think the "he can't shoot!" rhetoric is kinda just wrong. Now talks about his shot selection I wouldn't even attempt to defend.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#355 » by AussieBuck » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:47 am

Clarkson's value is in being able to create a better than typical shot when things break down, late clock etc. If a guy can get you a .9pps average in a regular situation he sucks but if he's doing it in a scenario where you're at the point in the clock where you're likely to get .7pps then he's efficient. Of course how much late clock is an issue for your team and other stuff comes into it but he's got a particular role that he's demonstrated value at that isn't useful to one for one compare with a league average return on output.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#356 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:21 pm

The value of a guy like Clarkson is that he can come off the bench and at times single-handedly keep your offense afloat while one or two of the Big-3 sit. We've been kinda fooled into staring at eFG% and TS% as the only important measures of efficiency for primary scorers over the years, but look at some of the lineup numbers and:

On-Court offensive RTG w/UTA

'19-20: 116.7
'20-21: 117.9
'21-22: 117.6

Jazz never dipped under a 115 RTG in the postseason with him on the court either (they cratered at 101.4 with him off vs. the Mavs last playoffs). Bucks have been under a 115-ORTG in 7 out of 11 playoff series in the Bud era. On/off splits certainly aren't a perfect measure either, but unlike the Jazz, we can mix in Clarkson with plenty of good defenders and not have anywhere near the same kind of defensive issues they had.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,085

Post#357 » by DingleJerry » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:28 pm

Yup, Bucks seriously lack creators and quickness and he's a guy that can do those very well. He can really run a PnR/Ballscreen which he and Giannis should pair well at. Now, will the coaches actually let someone with this skillset actually use it rather than have them stand in a box and stare at Giannis while he plows into 3 guys is a different question.

As said, his percents are skewed low due to the difficulty of shots he's taking off the dribble. In the playoffs we need guys who can get those shots off and make them at a reasonable percent like he does vs good Ds and kind of have to make things out of nothing when things break down. And of course a flaw of him is also shot selection, so some improvement there can help and having a guy like Giannis should help him on both of these fronts.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#358 » by Shaffty » Thu Oct 6, 2022 1:56 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:Jordan Clarkson would make a perfect Buck. 41.9% from the field and 31.8% from 3 last year. He's a career 43.9% shooter and 33.8% from 3. In other words he sucks at shooting and would fit in perfectly with the rest of our lineup that forgets how to shoot in the playoffs. I can already see him going 0/8 from 3 in a big game of the conference finals. Is Clarkson an elite defender or something? Otherwise, I'm not seeing why people want him. If you let Nwora shoot 14 times a game he can score 16 PPGZ too.
Watch the game

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app
PG Graveyard
Head Coach
And1: 4,461

Post#359 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Oct 6, 2022 2:15 pm

We all know the trade would be Grayson/Hill for Clarkson....Are we in on that?
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#360 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Oct 6, 2022 2:19 pm

I'd be fine with Clarkson as a microwave scorer. He can attack close-outs well and run a pick-and-roll.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks