ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Bucks Get Khash Back (From the Herd)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Training Camp Opens 

Post#361 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Oct 6, 2022 2:23 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:We all know the trade would be Grayson/Hill for Clarkson....Are we in on that?

Yep, throw in a couple 2nd's if need be to add to Danny's "war chest". Any first rounder is a deal-breaker. Call his bluff just like Detroit did.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#362 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Oct 6, 2022 2:53 pm

If the Bucks are willing to wait until January 15th, it could Allen and Nwora instead of Hill, which I don't know which would be more appealing for Utah because Hill is an expiring contract but Nwora is young and they might think they can get something out of.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#363 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 6, 2022 3:32 pm

Lowe:

The Bucks took Boston to Game 7 without Khris Middleton -- perhaps their second-best player, and inarguably their most important ballhandler. Can anyone beat them four times in seven tries when Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jrue Holiday are healthy? Middleton shouldn't miss much time recovering from wrist surgery, sources say.

Critics see ricketiness on the outskirts: broken-down Wesley Matthews, George Hill, Brook Lopez, Serge Ibaka and Joe Ingles -- coming off a torn ACL. Boston torching Grayson Allen is fresh in their memories. The Bucks have never found their P.J. Tucker replacement -- the tweener forward to beef up Giannis-at-center lineups.

I'm optimistic Lopez and Matthews have another year of 3-and-D in them. Bobby Portis is squarely in his prime, and works in lineups of all sizes. Pat Connaughton is really good, and has a case to start over Matthews. (I'd expect the Bucks to keep Matthews there for now.)

Allen can't guard Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, but he's a nice player. Ingles was never dependent on athleticism, and adds a ballhandling, lob-lofting dimension. Keep an eye on Jevon Carter and Jordan Nwora; Antetokounmpo will make Carter look good.

The Bucks have internal interest in Crowder as that Tucker replacement after getting into the recent Jerami Grant and Bojan Bogdanovic discussions, sources say. They will search all season for one more piece.

I came away from that Boston series feeling Antetokounmpo -- having nearly beaten a great team almost alone -- was coming to lay waste to the league this season.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#364 » by raferfenix » Thu Oct 6, 2022 4:39 pm

If the Bucks really want Crowder, we'd have to pick him up sooner rather than later, even if we'd keep up the search for an additional piece before the deadline:

Lowe: The Bucks have internal interest in Crowder as that Tucker replacement after getting into the recent Jerami Grant and Bojan Bogdanovic discussions, sources say. They will search all season for one more piece.

Also is this the first time we've been linked to Bojan?
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 831

Post#365 » by El Pooch Grande » Thu Oct 6, 2022 4:55 pm

raferfenix wrote:If the Bucks really want Crowder, we'd have to pick him up sooner rather than later, even if we'd keep up the search for an additional piece before the deadline:

Lowe: The Bucks have internal interest in Crowder as that Tucker replacement after getting into the recent Jerami Grant and Bojan Bogdanovic discussions, sources say. They will search all season for one more piece.

Also is this the first time we've been linked to Bojan?

Personally, I think Crowder would be the best fit for this team. Dude just has a championship team type of attitude like PJ had. Think he would be awesome next to Giannis. Really hope the Bucks pounce on this. In fact, I'd prefer Crowder to Clarkson.

"We are the Champions, my friends"
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#366 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Thu Oct 6, 2022 5:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Lowe:

The Bucks have internal interest in Crowder as that Tucker replacement after getting into the recent Jerami Grant and Bojan Bogdanovic discussions, sources say.

Wait....the Bucks were in on Bojan?? He was basically given away.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#367 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Oct 6, 2022 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter

raferfenix
RealGM

Post#368 » by raferfenix » Thu Oct 6, 2022 5:49 pm

Tricky part with Crowder is he wants to start (also an extension) which only works for us if we push Middleton to the 2.

Technically Khris started there on our championship run though PJ ended up guarding guards that Jae couldn't handle.

It's not like Allen is solving anything for us defensively. But he's our only sizable salary that clearly could be on the move so passing on this deal would also be about the opportunity cost if a better fit presents itself later on.

That said, if we don't include Hill in the deal, we'd be able to combine him with Nwora / Ibaka at least. Crowder would make our defense that much more fearsome and Ingles' contributions are a huge variable, but this team would probably be looking for another guard with some offensive punch either way:

PG: Holiday, Carter, Hill
SG: Middleton, Wes, Marjon, Green
SF: Crowder, Connaughton, Nwora
PF: Giannis, Ingles (upon return), Mamu, Thanasis
C: Lopez, Portis, Ibaka
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,962

Post#369 » by RiotPunch » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:08 pm

MKE out: Lopez, Hill, Beauchamp, Nwora, 2nd
MKE in: Richardson, Crowder

Bucks get two switchy win-now wings.

PHX out: Crowder, Craig
PHX in: Lopez, Nwora, 2nd

Suns get Ayton insurance if a trade partner emerges, if not they get an elite backup/mentor.

SAS out: Richardson
SAS in: Beauchamp, Hill, Craig

Beauchamp has Spurs DNA and Pop/Hill get a reunion to round out their careers.

Jrue / Carter
Richardson / Allen / Wes
Middleton / Connaughton
Crowder / Ingles
Giannis / Portis / Ibaka
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#370 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:12 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:Wait....the Bucks were in on Bojan?? He was basically given away.

I think our problem would have been matching salaries. He makes $19.5 million, which means you have to get Utah to take back Hill, Nwora, Grayson, and Ainge probably balked at that. The George Hill $4 million is negative value, will be hard to unload unless as an afterthought in a blockbuster.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#371 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:26 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:Wait....the Bucks were in on Bojan?? He was basically given away.

I think our problem would have been matching salaries. He makes $19.5 million, which means you have to get Utah to take back Hill, Nwora, Grayson, and Ainge probably balked at that. The George Hill $4 million is negative value, will be hard to unload unless as an afterthought in a blockbuster.

Too harsh IMO. Probably neutral value at this point. He is a playable end of bench guy that is expiring. I think he balances out being slightly overpaid with the ability of being an expiring contract.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#372 » by RiotPunch » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:29 pm

Hill being expiring holds value in the right deal.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,651

Post#373 » by Matches Malone » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:29 pm

I like Marjon too much to dump him in a deal like that. I'm higher on him than most though.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#374 » by RiotPunch » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:32 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I like Marjon too much to dump him in a deal like that. I'm higher on him than most though.

Maybe it is just differing takes on his trajectory, but I'm not sure he is ever better than Richardson. I do like MarJon, though. He's got the right attitude and there are tools.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,651

Post#375 » by Matches Malone » Thu Oct 6, 2022 6:39 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I like Marjon too much to dump him in a deal like that. I'm higher on him than most though.

Maybe it is just differing takes on his trajectory, but I'm not sure he is ever better than Richardson. I do like MarJon, though. He's got the right attitude and there are tools.

That's fair. He may not even become as good as Richardson, but I hope they try and see it through. He flashes some really nice skills both offensively and defensively that makes me think he could become a decent 2-way player in our rotation, and I think his personality matches the city/organization, which is something I think they value.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#376 » by emunney » Thu Oct 6, 2022 7:25 pm

I'd like to see MarJon earn some minutes, but I'd have no problem with playing him decent minutes until Khris gets back and then taking him off the court to work on his body for a few months.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Post#377 » by Rstuedes24 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 3:31 am

Out-
Bucks: Lopez/Hill/Allen
Jazz: Clarkson
Suns: Crowder
In-
Bucks: Clarkson/Crowder
Jazz: Lopez/Hill
Suns: Allen

Would get us the 2 guys we were rumored looking at, but leaves us thin at C. Opens up a roster spot
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#378 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 4:37 am

Grayson Allen is better than Jordan Clarkson, especially for this team.
Do it for Chuck
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#379 » by Badgerlander » Fri Oct 7, 2022 12:44 pm

So when can we free up a roster spot for Jamal Cain?

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#380 » by raferfenix » Fri Oct 7, 2022 1:13 pm

If Jevon Carter's 3-ball is for real that could impact the extent to which we value Allen's shooting as opposed to what Crowder (or whoever else) brings to the table.

That also comes in combination with Carter's "trademark hard-nosed defense" (per Nehm) which could earn him more clock, especially if we'd be getting another versatile wing defender with size to help cover for Jevon being 6'1.

Read on Twitter

The impressive shooting display would have been a surprise if not for Carter’s performance when he arrived in Milwaukee last season.

In 20 regular season games after the trade deadline last season, Carter took 43 3-pointers. He hit 24 of those attempts for a ridiculous 55.8 percent shooting tally with the Bucks. In 11 playoff games, he took 7 more 3-pointers and knocked down 3 of them for a 42.9 percent tally during the postseason. Before coming to Milwaukee, Carter was a 36.9 percent 3-point shooter for his career. So while he had always been a slightly above-average shooter, Carter had never shot the ball at such an elite level.

“Honestly, I think it’s just the kind of shots that I get here,” Carter said, when asked why he shot the ball so well in Milwaukee. “Giannis, Jrue, Khris, they draw a lot of attention. So, when we get the ball, you really got all day to line it up, so that’s just target practice, for real. So, I think that has a lot to do with it.”

https://theathletic.com/3665540/2022/10/06/bucks-hawks-abu-dhabi-preseason/

Return to Milwaukee Bucks