ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Bucks Get Khash Back (From the Herd)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,915

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Training Camp Opens 

Post#381 » by jschligs » Fri Oct 7, 2022 1:17 pm

I'm not ready to move Brook. I value his interior d too much to give up for two wings. Especially with Bud tweaking our defense. He's too important situationally.

Carter needs to see all of Hill's minutes this year. He's scrappy, can shoot, and bothers opposing guards.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#382 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 7, 2022 1:36 pm

Crazy that we might have gotten a Patrick Beverly caliber player for the vet minimum. He's always been a solid 3PT shooter, but if he's taken the Pat-C shooting leap at the same age, then that's pretty huge for us.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,729

Post#383 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 2:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Crazy that we might have gotten a Patrick Beverly caliber player for the vet minimum. He's always been a solid 3PT shooter, but if he's taken the Pat-C shooting leap at the same age, then that's pretty huge for us.

He's the perfect pesky on-ball defender that can be used against teams without traditional ball-handling PGs. If he knocks down his threes at a 38%+ clip that's all the more gravy. He's pretty good at pick-and-rolls too except for when he probes too deep in the lane amongst the trees. Would be fun to see a Carter/Jrue/Pat/Khris/Gianni lineup for two-way awesomeness.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,774

Post#384 » by emunney » Fri Oct 7, 2022 2:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Crazy that we might have gotten a Patrick Beverly caliber player for the vet minimum. He's always been a solid 3PT shooter, but if he's taken the Pat-C shooting leap at the same age, then that's pretty huge for us.

Based on Carter's track record, I feel like it should be more surprising if he didn't shoot well with the kind of looks he'll get.

-- Barely under 80% from the line at WVU
-- 38.9% and 39.3% from 3 his jr and sr years
-- 38.3% from 3 as a pro on a high rate of 3 attempts

I feel like people for some reason decided that shooting 33% with the Nets was the only data available on him. He shot 39.7% for the Suns taking 6.4 3s/36.

Here's the other thing about Carter -- he sucks inside the arc, so you should be running him off the arc, but if you do that, you take a defender away from the paint/Giannis. So he's going to get those shots. He's in a perfect situation and probably should be starting.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,866

Post#385 » by Prez » Fri Oct 7, 2022 2:49 pm

I’d like to see more from Serge before I entertain trading Brook without getting a big back. Serge’s play has been promising and is validating my hesitance to call him totally washed this past offseason, but I still want to see more.

But I agree as cold as it would be to trade a beloved guy like Brook, it’s time to explore options.

Also agree with Jevon potentially starting if he continues playing well.
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#386 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Fri Oct 7, 2022 3:05 pm

How can he be starting as the team is currently constructed?
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#387 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Fri Oct 7, 2022 3:05 pm

Personally, I'd prefer him more off the bench as a microwave scoring option
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#388 » by JayMKE » Fri Oct 7, 2022 4:53 pm

Brook for Crowder+Biyombo works after December 14th, everybody is expiring and vet. Crowder+any min contract works right now, I dunno what everybody's value is.

Can't trade Nwora until Jan 14, would be nice if he can prove something before Khris gets healthy.
FREE GIANNIS
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,918

Post#389 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Oct 7, 2022 6:12 pm

Another big defensive wing is an absolute MUST for the Bucks. It was an obvious weakness against Boston last year, and still would have been a weakness if Khris was healthy. Boston doubled down by acquiring Brogdon. I'm not convinced Crowder is the answer, but I am convinced the answer is not on the current roster. Get it done, Horst.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,277

Post#390 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 6:34 pm

Been saying since last year that with more opportunities I can see Jevon becoming somewhat of the guard version of Bobby for us. Not in the style of play necessarily but as far as finding a guy in the perfect role and a perfect situation to create a long term home.

Our Bucks are quite unique in this way. Seems like a tight knit fraternity that’s quite hard to get into but once you’re in its family.
Do it for Chuck
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#391 » by BUCKnation » Fri Oct 7, 2022 9:35 pm

Bill Simmons mentioned on the latest Zach Lowe pod that Lasry's share may be up for sale. He was pretty connected on the initial sale and I hadn't heard anything like this prior.

Around the 44 min mark.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,100

Post#392 » by RiotPunch » Fri Oct 7, 2022 9:54 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Bill Simmons mentioned on the latest Zach Lowe pod that Lasry's share may be up for sale. He was pretty connected on the initial sale and I hadn't heard anything like this prior.

Around the 44 min mark.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,141

Post#393 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Oct 8, 2022 1:09 am

BUCKnation wrote:Bill Simmons mentioned on the latest Zach Lowe pod that Lasry's share may be up for sale. He was pretty connected on the initial sale and I hadn't heard anything like this prior.

Around the 44 min mark.

Was waiting for someone to post this.

Simmons had the first inside info that Edens/Lasry were looking to purchase the team. Came out of nowhere on a Saturday in a tweet. Just like this nugget.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#394 » by stellation » Sat Oct 8, 2022 1:31 am

Around the 44 min mark.

I have so little idea of the relative value of sporting franchises, and how much money the mega rich have to throw around, I initially thought 44 min mark meant either $4.4 billion minimum or $44 million minimum. I think the only reason I didn't think it was possibly $44 billion was because that sounded closer to the price for twitter, but even then I was a bit "eh, maybe?"
#FreeChuckDiesel
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,254

Post#395 » by The Wet Whistle » Sat Oct 8, 2022 2:15 am

Offer Jamal Cain the other 2 way spot. Though I'm guessing the Heat will probably keep him around

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using RealGM mobile app
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,614

Post#396 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 8, 2022 2:29 am

I could see any/all of LED cashing out while Giannis is still here.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#397 » by DrWood » Sat Oct 8, 2022 7:33 am

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:Personally, I'd prefer him more off the bench as a microwave scoring option

a high volume shooter isn't what he is.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,141

Post#398 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Oct 8, 2022 9:44 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I could see any/all of LED cashing out while Giannis is still here.

Lasry would have been the last guy I would see cashing out, unless he takes his money and puts it in a different club. Then again, he’s only got 18-months left as Governor, before it flips back to Edens.

The wildcard is Fascitelli. He’s been absolutely everywhere the past year, with a profile as high as Edens and Lasry. You get a sense the guy is really enjoying being an NBA owner. Maybe he’d buy enough of Lasry’s shares to make him do-equal with Edens and Dinan.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#399 » by raferfenix » Sat Oct 8, 2022 1:35 pm

The Lasry's bailing on Wisconsin so soon after Alex's Senate run would be a choice.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,215

Post#400 » by skones » Sat Oct 8, 2022 8:11 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:How can he be starting as the team is currently constructed?

Pretty simple. You just slide Jrue to the 2.

Carter/Jrue/Middleton/Giannis/Brook

That's a scary defensive lineup. I suspect you'll see plenty of it throughout the season anyway.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks