ImageImage

Preseason Game 1: Memphis at Milwaukee - 10/1/22 - 7:00 - NBATV

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Re: Preseason Game 1: Memphis at Milwaukee - 10/1/22 - 7:00 - NBATV 

Post#121 » by Shaffty » Sun Oct 2, 2022 6:57 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, it's clear as day with a guy like MarJon that he just "gets it" defensively. Dude is just so long, quick, and active out there. If he can put it together offensively, he's the SG version of Tayshaun Prince.
He will play because of his defense, he will start if he figures out his offense

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,777

Post#122 » by Ayt » Sun Oct 2, 2022 8:13 pm

drew881 wrote:I came here for Marjon analysis and hot takes and all I see is everyone talking about Nwora. Feels like a summer league all over again where the chuckers suck away all the attention.

He really can't do anything off the dribble unless he has a huge lane, but you could see his length, athleticism, and instincts on the defensive end all night. Hopefully, he shoots well enough that he can be playable because he could be special defensively.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#123 » by old skool » Sun Oct 2, 2022 9:23 pm

I was not impressed with Beauchamp. Very rookie-like. Not ready to contribute. Definitely not a lock down perimeter defender. He seemed to get turned around often on defense, especially when guarding someone without the ball. He clearly does not understand the team defense scheme and where to funnel the ball.

His jump shot was off. O-fer all of them. Turnovers were also disappointing.

A lot of those issues on both ends could be magnified by playing with other inexperienced teammates.

The impressive bright spot was his giannis-like (small "g") burst to the basket. Wow. He looks like he can drive by people with ease.

Infitesimally small sample size and too early for any hint at a conclusion, but he looked like a rookie to me. Eager to see more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Couch Potato
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#124 » by Couch Potato » Sun Oct 2, 2022 10:35 pm

old skool wrote:I was not impressed with Beauchamp. Very rookie-like. Not ready to contribute. Definitely not a lock down perimeter defender. He seemed to get turned around often on defense, especially when guarding someone without the ball. He clearly does not understand the team defense scheme and where to funnel the ball.

A lot of those issues on both ends could be magnified by playing with other inexperienced teammates.

The impressive bright spot was his giannis-like (small "g") burst to the basket. Wow. He looks like he can drive by people with ease.

Infitesimally small sample size and too early for any hint at a conclusion, but he looked like a rookie to me. Eager to see more.

Well Allen,Hill,Nwora can all go when trade dead line lurks. Our late first and every second round pick can go. UPS Horst missed out on Jerami Grant with our own pick I see. WOW. That be another strike over the strike of the chalk board showing our draft of leakage. UPS or FED EX Horst isn't delivering. Are these 3 billionaires seeing this of the misses we maybe had? Or all hush hush? You can't let a Jerami Grant go by. I would of offered that first down the road and like 4 second round picks and Nwora sign and trade and Hill and Allen and more for picking up the phone. Round 1. I would of had a reliable player instead of three turds and picks.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#125 » by skones » Mon Oct 3, 2022 12:29 am

Marjon is raw with try hard instincts. I wouldn't bet on anything in the immediate. It's the physical ability plus role-playing peripherals you're betting on. If experience hits and IQ follows, you're looking at a fringe all-star. As-is, you're looking at a guy who likely carves a role as doesn't stop, sheer effort defensive player with average triple shooting.

I'm not looking at the shooting percentages or ugly with the ball. I'm looking at the 6 rebounds, 2 steals, and block to know that nose for the ball he showed in the g-league translates. Those are the things that make him high floor even if it'll take a minute to get there.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,896

Post#126 » by Plossum » Mon Oct 3, 2022 12:44 am

Nwora is going to look really good filling up the score sheet as a tank commander one day.
#LockUpChuck
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,896

Post#127 » by Plossum » Mon Oct 3, 2022 12:57 am

Thing I don’t get about Nwora is he has the perfect skill set to be a solid 3&D wing and make a ton of money in his career. And yet he plays like someone whose NBA hero is Russell Westbrook.
#LockUpChuck
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#128 » by skones » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:09 am

Shaffty wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, it's clear as day with a guy like MarJon that he just "gets it" defensively. Dude is just so long, quick, and active out there. If he can put it together offensively, he's the SG version of Tayshaun Prince.
He will play because of his defense, he will start if he figures out his offense

His defense needs a lot of taming. Hes a way off of being worthy of PT.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#129 » by Shaffty » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:10 pm

Couch Potato wrote:
old skool wrote:I was not impressed with Beauchamp. Very rookie-like. Not ready to contribute. Definitely not a lock down perimeter defender. He seemed to get turned around often on defense, especially when guarding someone without the ball. He clearly does not understand the team defense scheme and where to funnel the ball.

Well Allen,Hill,Nwora can all go when trade dead line lurks. Our late first and every second round pick can go. UPS Horst missed out on Jerami Grant with our own pick I see. WOW. That be another strike over the strike of the chalk board showing our draft of leakage. UPS or FED EX Horst isn't delivering. Are these 3 billionaires seeing this of the misses we maybe had? Or all hush hush? You can't let a Jerami Grant go by. I would of offered that first down the road and like 4 second round picks and Nwora sign and trade and Hill and Allen and more for picking up the phone. Round 1. I would of had a reliable player instead of three turds and picks.
You know to make salaries work we would have had to trade brook right?

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#130 » by chonestown » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:52 pm

Plossum wrote:Thing I don’t get about Nwora is he has the perfect skill set to be a solid 3&D wing and make a ton of money in his career. And yet he plays like someone whose NBA hero is Russell Westbrook.

Yes, the perpetual engine motor of Russell Westbrook is an apt comparison for the easy-going hijinks of Jordan Nwora.

Russ slander is out of control.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,887

Post#131 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Oct 3, 2022 3:59 pm

Plossum wrote:Nwora is going to look really good filling up the score sheet as a tank commander one day.

I wish that day was today, please get him to the Jazz asap.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#132 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 4:15 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
Plossum wrote:Nwora is going to look really good filling up the score sheet as a tank commander one day.

I wish that day was today, please get him to the Jazz asap.

Nwora would make a perfect Danny Ainge tank commander out there.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#133 » by raferfenix » Mon Oct 3, 2022 4:43 pm

Nwora can be traded after Dec. 24.

Conveniently, Joe Ingles should be returning not too long after that.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,514

Post#134 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:30 pm

Couch Potato wrote:Well Allen,Hill,Nwora can all go when trade dead line lurks. Our late first and every second round pick can go. UPS Horst missed out on Jerami Grant with our own pick I see. WOW. That be another strike over the strike of the chalk board showing our draft of leakage. UPS or FED EX Horst isn't delivering. Are these 3 billionaires seeing this of the misses we maybe had? Or all hush hush? You can't let a Jerami Grant go by. I would of offered that first down the road and like 4 second round picks and Nwora sign and trade and Hill and Allen and more for picking up the phone. Round 1. I would of had a reliable player instead of three turds and picks.

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#135 » by DrWood » Mon Oct 3, 2022 7:55 pm

Plossum wrote:Thing I don’t get about Nwora is he has the perfect skill set to be a solid 3&D wing and make a ton of money in his career. And yet he plays like someone whose NBA hero is Russell Westbrook.

Except for the D part.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#136 » by chonestown » Mon Oct 3, 2022 8:05 pm

Couch Potato wrote:Well Allen,Hill,Nwora can all go when trade dead line lurks. Our late first and every second round pick can go. UPS Horst missed out on Jerami Grant with our own pick I see. WOW. That be another strike over the strike of the chalk board showing our draft of leakage. UPS or FED EX Horst isn't delivering. Are these 3 billionaires seeing this of the misses we maybe had? Or all hush hush? You can't let a Jerami Grant go by. I would of offered that first down the road and like 4 second round picks and Nwora sign and trade and Hill and Allen and more for picking up the phone. Round 1. I would of had a reliable player instead of three turds and picks.

theres some thing to be said for stability you cant kill tubers with one stone inmyo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks