ImageImage

Around the League - Play-In Week

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,049

Re: Around the League - Hawks Sign Bogdanovic to 4 Year, $68 million extension 

Post#801 » by MVP2110 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:42 am

PG Graveyard wrote:After watching 8 minutes of Walker Kessler I would rather have him over Gobert right now. Congrats to that genius GM in Minnesota.

What a disaster trade for Minnesota, it's honestly hard to fathom
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#802 » by ibanezjp » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 am

At what point do we start worrying about the Sixers as a bigger threat to us than the Celtics?
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#803 » by soxperry » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:00 am

why on earth is that the play call? hahaha

Tatum missed two so you go to Brown not your short little forward in traffic
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#804 » by HKPackFan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:10 am

ibanezjp wrote:At what point do we start worrying about the Sixers as a bigger threat to us than the Celtics?

They are starting to be a concern.

The upcoming rematch will be big.
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#805 » by AussieBuck » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:12 am

ibanezjp wrote:At what point do we start worrying about the Sixers as a bigger threat to us than the Celtics?

I think they're a much bigger threat in the second round vs conference finals. Don't like Embiid's chances at keeping up with Giannis head to head with a month or whatever of playoffs in his legs.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,228

Post#806 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:12 am

Screw Philly. Both their stars will disappear when it matters. The stars have aligned for the Bucks
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#807 » by Daver » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:27 am

HKPackFan wrote:

They are starting to be a concern.

The upcoming rematch will be big.

I'll start worrying about Philly if they beat the dubs n Suns in back 2 back on the road then beat Denver in Denver then I'll absolutely worry
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#808 » by BUCKnation » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:41 am

Plossum wrote:Fancy going to Grant Williams for the final shot.

What’s the Bucks equivalent there? Grayson iso?

Crowder if Bud ever lets him be in a closing lineup
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#809 » by th87 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:43 am

AussieBuck wrote:

I think they're a much bigger threat in the second round vs conference finals. Don't like Embiid's chances at keeping up with Giannis head to head with a month or whatever of playoffs in his legs.

While we're better than both, I'm not certain if we're better than both + refs.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#810 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:22 am

Huge break for us that the Celtics lost, obviously. They play the kings in Sac town next game, if the Celtics lose that one they will be in real trouble for the #1 seed. Not out of it, but they'll become the long shot out of the big 3. Provided the Bucks don't **** the bed again like they did Thursday.

As well as the Sixers are playing, they do have a tough stretch coming up. They have a home and home with the Bulls before their west coast trip. Bulls are actually playing pretty good, I wouldn't bet money on the Bulls winning one, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls maybe get the one in Chicago.

Sixers next 9.

vs Bulls
@Bulls
@Warriors
@Suns B2B
@Nuggets
vs Mavs
vs Raptors
@Bucks
vs Celtics

Even if the Sixers even go 6-3 in that stretch, which would be optimistic from the Sixer's point of view, although not impossible with how well they are playing. The Bucks will be in great shape if they win the games they should win and then win at home vs Boston and Philly.

I feel like at this point, whoever earns the #1 seed will be the team who deserves it. With the Bucks/Sixers/Celtics all playing each other down the stretch, it's alsmot like all 3 teams kind of control their own destiny, just matter of who comes out on top in those head to head match ups and who takes the most care of business in their other games.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#811 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:23 am

th87 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

That's one of the things that sucks, the Buck's two greatest threats preventing them from possibly winning a championship this season, just so happen to be two of the NBA's Chosen teams that get all the calls.

Like if you took the Sixer's entire current roster and put it on the Pacers and you took the Celtic's entire current roster and put it on a team team like the Hornets, I would feel considerably better about our chances. Gotta love the NBA.

I agree with you, I think the Bucks can overcome the officiating against one of them, but not both. That's another reason why the #1 seed is huge for us. Not only do you only have to beat one of them if you get the #1 seed, when you do play one of them, you'll have the HCA and the officials won't screw the Bucks quite as bad in Milwaukee as they will in Philly or Boston.

Although when I say that, I think back to game 4 vs the Sixers in Milwaukee back in 2001 with the Bucks leading the series 2-1. One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. I am sure you remember it, the Bucks were called for touch fouls all game while the Sixers were allowed to play.

Then sarcastically, the officials called a touch foul on the Sixers with about 20 seconds left and the Sixers up by like 10. Trolling the Bucks. I Remember the crowd went nuts, I was surprised stuff wasn't thrown on to the court.

I also remember David Stern congratulating Mutombo with an absolute look of relief on his face as Mutombo walked to the locker room.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#812 » by th87 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:12 am

rilamann wrote:
th87 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:I think they're a much bigger threat in the second round vs conference finals. Don't like Embiid's chances at keeping up with Giannis head to head with a month or whatever of playoffs in his legs.

That's one of the things that sucks, the Buck's two greatest threats preventing them from possibly winning a championship this season, just so happen to be the two of the NBA's Chosen teams that get all the calls.

Like if you took the Sixer's entire current roster and put it on the Pacers and you took the Celtic's entire current roster and put it on a team team like the Hornets, I would feel considerably better about our chances. Gotta love the NBA.

I agree with you, I think the Bucks can overcome the officiating against one of them, but not both. That's another reason why the #1 seed is huge for us. Not only do you only have to beat one of them if you get the #1 seed, when you do play one of them, you'll have the HCA and the officials won't screw the Bucks quite as bad in Milwaukee as they will in Philly or Boston.

Although when I say that, I think back to game 4 vs the Sixers in Milwaukee back in 2001 with the Bucks leading the series 2-1. One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. I am sure you remember it, the Bucks were called for touch fouls all game while the Sixers were allowed to play.

Then sarcastically, the officials called a touch foul on the Sixers with about 20 seconds left and the Sixers up by like 10. Trolling the Bucks. I Remember the crowd went nuts, I was surprised stuff wasn't thrown on to the court.

I also remember David Stern congratulating Mutombo with an absolute look of relief on his face as Mutombo walked to the locker room.

I'll never forget that bull **** for as long as I live.

No one cares, but incidentally, I ran into Scott Williams at a club like 10 years later, and got to talking about it, and he was still kind of pissed. Some years after that, saw Mutombo randomly and jokingly told him I kind of hated him as a player because he knocked out my Bucks in 2001. Little did he know I wasn't *really* joking (but he wasn't amused anyway). I couldn't bring myself to imply that the series was rigged though :lol: .

Anyway yeah, the NBA is rigged. You know these refs see the video clips where they ""fell for"" some egregiously obvious flop. Probably getting it texted to them. And so there's no way they're *that* effing stupid, where if they see Smart or Harden flail wildly yet again, that they're not recognizing it as a *thing they always do*. So it has to be by design.

It's an interesting social experiment to see how much corruption one league can have without losing viewers.

Bill Burr sums it up nicely:

And yet I still watch to see if my team can overcome these shenanigans, and now we finally can. But yeah, overcoming the refs twice is going to be difficult.

The 1 seed has never been more important.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#813 » by Prez » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:41 am

I’m still not sure who would be a more concerning matchup, but Philly has at least made it a discussion now whereas a month ago it wasn’t. Embiid’s ceiling is a level or two above Tatum, that alone makes them a comparable threat even if the rest of the team isn’t as good as Boston.

AB is spot on though that seeing one of those two teams in the ECF as opposed to round 2 is massive. A potential Boston/Philly matchup would be a war much like Boston/Milwaukee or Boston/Miami last year, we need to force that matchup. The #1 seed is absolutely critical.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,896

Post#814 » by Plossum » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:16 am

The Celts own Philly. I’d we get the one seed I’d still bank in playing Boston in the ECF (if we make it).
#LockUpChuck
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#815 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:33 am

What's the perfect standings for the Bucks at this point?

I would still rather have Philly at 2 and Boston at 3. Philly is a lot thinner and Harden/Embiid have to make it to round 3 to start.

Was thinking of the hardest round 1 match up for both but at this point it's probably best their is no round 1 match up so they can beat the **** out of each other in round 2.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#816 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:36 am

Philly has the hardest schedule left in the league according to tankathon. Their easiest opponents the Bulls and Raptors are in the play in and have no reason to lose games.

Boston has the 9th hardest and we have the 17th. If Philly gets the 1 seed just gotta tip your cap at that point.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#817 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:47 am

Philly is the only threat to the 1 seed, Boston was done the day we passed them. Boston is the bigger threat to us in the playoffs, because we'll simply don't match up well with them.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#818 » by Ayt » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:01 pm

What do the tiebreakers look like for the Bucks with Boston and Philly?
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#819 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:17 pm

Ayt wrote:What do the tiebreakers look like for the Bucks with Boston and Philly?
Both 1 game to go at Fiserv. Boston 1-1 and 76ers 1-2.

If we beat Philly and then somehow tie at the end of the year it goes to conference record. We currently have the same conference record as of today.
DanoMac wrote:

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#820 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:21 pm

Ayt wrote:What do the tiebreakers look like for the Bucks with Boston and Philly?

We're tied with Boston 1-1 and play them one more time. That will decide it. Sixers lead us 2-1 with 1 game left. If they beat us they have the tiebreaker. If we win it goes to conference record. Currently we're 29-15 and they're 29-15. Both the Celtics and Sixers games are in Milwaukee.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks