OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#1861 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:51 pm

Sparkling Ice is good.

I love sparkling water, I'm not picky at all with it so I'll just go to costco and try a case of whatever I haven't tried before. Lacroix is solid, costco's own brand Kirkland is good, Waterloo has some really good flavors. My favorite is probably the Topo Chico - Twist of Lime flavor, but that is more expensive.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1862 » by Beorn » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:22 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This has been my go-to breakfast recently. Incredibly tasty and fairly straightforward to make. So **** flavorful and tasty.

Huge YES from me
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#1863 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:01 pm

Funny where this discussion went because after my month long attempt at liking tea and failing I switched to sparkling water and love it. I like topo chicos and La Croix.

Ended up buying a simple soda steam and love it. Fun doing up my own creations and since I live in a legal cannabis state I buy cannabis syrup and make some spiked drinks for myself.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,138

Post#1864 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:57 pm

I'm honestly surprised you don't see athletes out with more random sickness and injuries. Granted they are probably pumped up with an IV and other stuff. But no way in hell i could have played basketball anytime in the past 72 hours and would have been severely limited the past 3 weeks with the cold i have had.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#1865 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:54 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Costco sells them by the case.

Just picked up a membership when they came to EC. I'll check this out, thanks.

They go back and forth between 28 packs of 12oz and 24-packs of the 20oz. I prefer the 20oz. obviously.

Propel is sometimes there in addition to Zero too.
ReasonablySober wrote:ETA: Eh, nah. Costco is way more pricey.

Are you looking at online pricing?

I went 2 weeks ago and the 20-oz. 24-pack was $15.99 with Instant Savings.

I just got back from Costco, it was $16.99 for the 20 oz 24 pack. Good deal. Only the variety is available (lemon-lime, fruit punch, glacial cherry). I'd prefer all lemon-lime but the others are decent.

All brands/flavors of sparkling water suck.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#1866 » by Mags FTW » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:02 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm honestly surprised you don't see athletes out with more random sickness and injuries. Granted they are probably pumped up with an IV and other stuff. But no way in hell i could have played basketball anytime in the past 72 hours and would have been severely limited the past 3 weeks with the cold i have had.

Might be more than just a cold. I've had a cough for 2 weeks, so I went and saw my doctor yesterday and she said it was a bronchitis that has been floating around. Said she saw about 1 new case every day.

Started out as just a cough for me, but then peaked last weekend with massive fatigue. There's also something going on with my stomach. Lots of gurgling and bathroom unpleasantness.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#1867 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:25 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm honestly surprised you don't see athletes out with more random sickness and injuries. Granted they are probably pumped up with an IV and other stuff. But no way in hell i could have played basketball anytime in the past 72 hours and would have been severely limited the past 3 weeks with the cold i have had.

Might be more than just a cold. I've had a cough for 2 weeks, so I went and saw my doctor yesterday and she said it was a bronchitis that has been floating around. Said she saw about 1 new case every day.

Started out as just a cough for me, but then peaked last weekend with massive fatigue. There's also something going on with my stomach. Lots of gurgling and bathroom unpleasantness.

My 88 year old mother had it over the holidays. About 3 weeks and then it just disappeared. I honestly thought it might kill her.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#1868 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:05 am

Embarrassing admission: Do you ever have a time where you don't exactly think two people are the same person per se, but details about them blend together in a weird way due to not really knowing/caring much about either?

Well up until recently I kinda thought Wayne Larivee and Pat McAfee were similar people.

I've watched and cheered for the Packers my whole life but never listened to radio or followed much media or got into the weeds too much with my fandom. So at some point in the last few years when I heard Rodgers was a regular on the "Pat McAfee Show" I confused him with the Packers "dagger" radio guy and thought he just had a radio show on the side or something. With all the stuff in the news about Rodgers/the Pat McAfee show I started getting a little more confused about how people were talking about him and wondering why people cared about a Green Bay-based radio host. I had no idea he was some punter who was never associated with the Packers in any capacity apart from being Rodgers' friend.

So...yeah, probably one of the strangest and more embarrassing misconceptions I've had in awhile.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,202

Post#1869 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:42 am

Jesus, what an amazing takedown. Starts around 19:00. Worth it just to hear Stephen A. call Whitlock a fat piece of **** and a bitch. It's all wonderful.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1870 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:56 am

McAfee is the typical ESPN overhyped, no talent hack. I used to enjoy college game day until they shoehorned him in to suck the air out. Can't stand him (going back way before Rodgers)
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,138

Post#1871 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:05 am

MickeyDavis wrote:McAfee is the typical ESPN overhyped, no talent hack. I used to enjoy college game day until they shoehorned him in to suck the air out. Can't stand him (going back way before Rodgers)

Yeah, its just weird. Like he goes out of his way to edgy. Call me old fashioned, but I kind of like it when people wore sleaves on TV and talked at a reasonable voice.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1872 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:57 pm

I just think ESPN and McAfee are a bad match.

I totally get why Pat would take their giant bag of cash but his style and humor was better suited as a independent show catering to his very specific audience.

I kind of understand why ESPN wanted him and his audience but there was always going to be issues with his type of content and he's also the type that if you don't like him you'll find his schtick annoying. So I'm not sure he has the broad appeal to make it work.

We see it all the time where major brands want these 'edgy' small type content creators but the minute they work for the major brand that automatically kills what made the popular to begin with.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1873 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:26 pm

Agreed. "Edgy" gets old fast. And tiresome. He's a cliche.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,288

Post#1874 » by Finn » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:56 pm

PM reminds me of Jim Rome when he was popular. Both are/were irritating.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#1875 » by jschligs » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:11 pm

Problem is that casual fans enjoy the loud mouth breathers. They get clicks/views.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1876 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:30 pm

jschligs wrote:Problem is that casual fans enjoy the loud mouth breathers. They get clicks/views.
I actually think it's the opposite with guys like PM and Rome. They have a niche and specific but loyal fan base and when you try to market to the masses it doesn't hit home. People just want a normy when they tune into GameDay not some stoner ex-punter turned comedian.

With McAfee it was simply chasing his young mid America audience, it's such a valuable demographic to market too brands just throw money at it all willy nilly and hope it works.

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#1877 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:38 pm

I don't watch this stuff on a regular basis, I'd recommend turning all the talking head stuff on sports, and obviously "news" too. Its almost all negativity and trying to get people angry its just not worth it.

However, when traveling I sometimes don't have my normal TV/media setup so at times have thrown ESPN on in background since he went to espn. First, its crazy he's basically on all channels it seems. I never listened to his stuff on pods, radio or whatever before but like I said I generally don't like any of this stuff so I went in fresh. I would say I was pleasantly surprised (obviously I went in with horrible expectations) and thought it wasn't that bad. Most importantly, that it wasn't arguing with each other and focused on negativity. He's a blabbermouth so kind of annoyed me but there was usually decent guests and they just let them talk without the arguing bs.

Then CFB started and he was on Gameday, imo he was a big negative because he just talks tooooo much and overruns everyone else. I noticed the few weeks when I wasn't actually going to games so had it on that they kept running over time by 3-5 mins, which I put on him for not shutting up. They'd even tell him at the picks part to be quick and just pick but he'd still go on a spiel thinking he's the funniest guy every time. And now all this stuff now where it seems he's gotten too full of himself, I don't watch it and don't really click it but my biggest eyeroll was his conspiracy that espn is sabotaging him, yeaaaa that's what they wanna do, handout a ridiculous contract/money and then make the guy fail. All in all, this saga just seems another reminder as to why to not watch this crap. People nerdy enough on sports to be on this site know enough to have our own thoughts, we don't need someone else telling us what to think or be angry about
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,202

Post#1878 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:48 pm

He absolutely ruined College Gameday. One of the best sports studio shows, one of the few worth watching over the last 20+ years, and he killed it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#1879 » by M-C-G » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:07 pm

jschligs wrote: They get clicks/views.

Is there anything about the TV, news, social media that isn't about getting clicks these days? I think it is a symptom of what ails the world these days.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,961

Post#1880 » by stellation » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:09 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
stellation wrote:
Finn wrote:Black cherry & black raspberry are my favorites. Pink grapefruit is good, lemon lime OK. Don't like anything mango (I'm weird). Cherry limeade & classic lemonade pretty good. Coconut pineapple is garbage.

Appreciate your acknowledgement that you are weird for not liking anything mango, but still feel the need to chime in and highlight you're a freak nonetheless.

Middle of summer here, and it's mango city around my house baby. Chopped one up and had it with yogurt and granola for breakfast, and by mid morning I was eyeing off a couple I had sitting in the fruit bowl and wondering if they might be ready to go (they are not). We are blessed with amazing/plentiful mangoes in Australia, and many of us go just a little crazy in the summer.

Ok that sounds amazing, but I also just saw a pic on Reddit of an Australian wasp the size of my fist being eaten by a spider the size of my torso.

We laugh about it, but in the last couple of months I've had a combo of the world's second deadliest land snake AND arguably deadliest spider (funnel web, last week- always have red backs, which are arguably number 2 on the list, about the place but funnel webs are relatively rare) hanging out at my place. I think they're after the mangoes, too! :D
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks