Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Re: PG Warriors - Bucks Grind out a Win 

Post#61 » by -Jragon- » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:17 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:With 31 seconds in the half Dame was on the line when Livingston came in and it looked like Dame rolled his eyes.. then 8 seconds later Liv commits an illegal defense lol.. I could have read that wrong idk

I saw a look after the 3 second violation.

He then walked over to pay where I think he was hoping to get some reinsurance and pay did a motion like dude just move your feet out of the lane.

Dame probably loves all those dudes and it's likely his stoicism and robocop demeanor he plays with
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,747

Post#62 » by chonestown » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:30 am

Enthusiasm Jackson
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,281

Post#63 » by humanrefutation » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:44 am

Ajax just plays really intelligently. He sees the floor well and seems to pick the exact right spots where to be. He's exactly the kind of role player every team would want.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#64 » by tedbrogen » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:55 am

Turn Pat/Marjon/Blazers 2nd into Caruso or Thy and baby, we got a stew going.

The starting five plus AJJ/Jae/Bobby/Caruso or Thy is your nine man with Green as your Forbes if you need emergency shooting and Cam as your Teague if you need a break glass in case of PG. (I know it’s not as sexy as trading Brook and/or Bobby for some mythical somehow available big that can switch everything, protect the rim, and still space the floor or flipping Midds for some dominant two way guy but it’s the most realistic scenario)
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#65 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:53 am

tedbrogen wrote:Turn Pat/Marjon/Blazers 2nd into Caruso or Thy and baby, we got a stew going.

That is a fantasy, though, sorry to say. MAYBE Thybulle, but doubtful. Certainly not Caruso. Gotta flip Bobby, maybe even Brook, to a 3rd team for picks for him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#66 » by midranger » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:52 pm

Today was a good Dre.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#67 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:19 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Wonka wrote:
soxperry wrote:i wonder why Marjon isn't playing. He's had some bad games and some really bad mistakes at times, but he's also flashed a decent amount. We used a 1st on him instead of trading for a proven vet. We absolutely need to give him a chance to develop.

His leash is WAY shorter than our other bench players. It's really unfortunate. Doesn't seem like we have much interest in letting him develop now the we have Andre. It's weird because I think they are both good at the things the other isn't good at and they seem to play well when they are both on the floor together.

We've "showcased" him already and now we're keeping him healthy as trade bait.... just hypothesizing

If we were showcasing Marjon for trade, he should have been playing in the Beasley role with the big 3. He's shooting 40% from 3 already, and what would he be shooting if he got all the completely unguarded corner 3s that Beas gets?
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#68 » by randy84 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:22 pm

I know people hate it when I say the Bucks need a better bench, but you need to be at least 7 players deep in the playoffs. Pat is a $9 million boat anchor right now, Bobby is inconsistent, MarJon is too timid, Cam has played like crap, and Rolo and Thanasis are nepo sibs. I have hopes that Jae can do something but the guy has missed a year of basketball. Horst needs to turn some of this chickensh*t into chicken salad if this team wants to make any noise in the playoffs.

Or just get rid of Grief.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#69 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:52 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:Turn Pat/Marjon/Blazers 2nd into Caruso or Thy and baby, we got a stew going.

That is a fantasy, though, sorry to say. MAYBE Thybulle, but doubtful. Certainly not Caruso. Gotta flip Bobby, maybe even Brook, to a 3rd team for picks for him.

Thybulle should be gettable for us. Portland doesn’t even play him that much anymore.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#70 » by sidney lanier » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:20 pm

nagawicka wrote:
KidA24 wrote:**** coach needing to play his stars way too many minutes to ensure victory against the dregs of the league isn't a good sign

When his stars won't do it in fewer minutes, having them learn to do to it in more minutes is more or less what any coach would do, so he can move on and teach/incorporate 6-9 into the whole schmear (see Green & Livingston minutes) and like it or not so the three stars get the burn they to climb down off old habits and sync up so's they can do it more efficiently.

Agree. Build up a little stamina for the playoffs and get them used to the rhythm of playing more than 30 minutes a game. I never liked the way Bud restricted minutes, although you could certainly understand the approach.

And speaking of not coddling star players, I like the way the **** coach **** up those stars during that second quarter timeout after they allowed that **** straight line drive after a **** made basket.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Post#71 » by German Athens » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:08 pm

Giannis, Dame, and Khris are 3rd, 13th, and 25th in EPM, respectively.

That’s pretty freakin awesome.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#72 » by emunney » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:10 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:Letting Ajax finish the game was another good call by Griff.

The way he's handled Dre's development has been a definite bright spot for Griff in my book. I don't think it's always best to "throw guys to the wolves." Let guys have a bite, then let them chew and swallow. The kid is growing, no complaints.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#73 » by emunney » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:17 pm

I think the second half of this game was the first time Dre looked like he was really clicking with the big 3. Could be a blip but this is the kind of small hinge a whole season can swing on.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,041

Post#74 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:25 pm

emunney wrote:Let guys have a bite, then let them chew and swallow. The kid is growing, no complaints.

:eyebrows:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#75 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:29 pm

emunney wrote:I think the second half of this game was the first time Dre looked like he was really clicking with the big 3. Could be a blip but this is the kind of small hinge a whole season can swing on.
We know Giannis, Dame, Khris, can handle things. We know what Brook, Beas, and Bobby are going to give us. Dre and Crowder are going to be the x factor for us. If they can deliver, we can win another championship. Dairy Bird is our dark horse.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#76 » by BigO » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:08 pm

AJJ has a way to go on his one on one defense against guards, but the difference between him and Marjon is stark. One has a high basketball IQ and one doesn't have a clue how to play the game, despite having a lot of talent.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#77 » by buckboy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:41 pm

Prez wrote:What a dope player.

Read on Twitter

:love:
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#78 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:53 pm

emunney wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:Letting Ajax finish the game was another good call by Griff.

The way he's handled Dre's development has been a definite bright spot for Griff in my book. I don't think it's always best to "throw guys to the wolves." Let guys have a bite, then let them chew and swallow. The kid is growing, no complaints.

The way he's handled the three main "young guys" is the one area where I haven't really had complaints. I'd like Green to get a couple starts here and there just to see how his shooting ports over to bigger minutes but otherwise I don't think it's a situation like we've had in the past (think Tobes) where any 3 of them has CLEARLY earned 20-25 MPG and he's doghousing them.

With Marjon particularly I just don't think there's much there but it's not like Griffin hasn't given him the opportunity.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#79 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:45 pm

Prez wrote:Image

The shoes are what takes this picture to the next level
emunney
RealGM

Post#80 » by emunney » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:52 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
emunney wrote:Let guys have a bite, then let them chew and swallow. The kid is growing, no complaints.

:eyebrows:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks