ImageImage

bulls fan here

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

bulls fan here 

Post#1 » by dflaschberger » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:14 pm

bulls fan living in Milw. I see bucks going nowhere fast. I would LOVE to get Bogut, like to get Redd.

Any interest in dealing with your neighbor? I like Yi for you guys, never thought Mo was a starting point, better a 6th man type. we would take on bad deals (simmons and dannyG)

So, what would it take to get Bogut?
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#2 » by Debit One » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:23 pm

I honestly think that you'd have an easier time getting Redd than Bogut. I believe that our front office sees Yi and Bogut as the future, and would rather build around them than around Yi and Redd.

If you wanted Redd, I think that Nocioni would be a key to making a deal happen, as we need to plus our SF hole. Maybe something like Redd + CV for Nocioni, Noah or Thomas, Gordon. We'd prefer Hinrich to Gordon.

If you insisted upon Bogut, we would obviously need to be addressing a big need in order to be motivated. We want perimeter defense. Maybe something like Williams + Bogut for Hinrich, Nocioni and two of Thomas, Noah and Gray. That being said, I can't see this happening unless we got back a reasonable starting C in return, and you don't have one to offer, so it probably requires a third team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:23 pm

Bogut, Gadzuric and Bobby Simmons for Ben Wallace, Hinrich and Noah.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Debit One
Starter

Post#4 » by Debit One » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:26 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Bogut, Gadzuric and Bobby Simmons for Ben Wallace, Hinrich and Noah.

Are you playing Redd at SF after that deal?

Williams, Hinrich, Redd, Yi, Wallace?

Would Mo & Redd ever allow Hinrich to touch the ball?
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#5 » by BrewersGM » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:49 pm

If you wanted Redd, I think that Nocioni would be a key to making a deal happen, as we need to plus our SF hole. Maybe something like Redd + CV for Nocioni, Noah or Thomas, Gordon. We'd prefer Hinrich to Gordon.

I'd take that trade. Nocioni would bring alot to this team. A guy that can spread the floor... They can keep Noah, he didnt want to play here...That would be another problem.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Bogut, Gadzuric and Bobby Simmons for Ben Wallace, Hinrich and Noah.

Change Noah to Tyrus and I'd do it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#7 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:58 pm

Debit One wrote:-= Are you playing Redd at SF after that deal?

No, I'm moving Mo to sixth-man then like Ben Gordon is for the Bulls.

But as with all these trades, I can't see Chicago taking our two awful contracts and giving up Hinrich and Noah just to get Bogut. Sure we take back a bad deal in Ben Wallace, but he's at least a serviceable player right now....I'm not sure the dropoff from Bogut to Ben would be much at all....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Re: bulls fan here 

Post#8 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:56 pm

dflaschberger wrote:bulls fan living in Milw. I see bucks going nowhere fast. I would LOVE to get Bogut, like to get Redd.

Any interest in dealing with your neighbor? I like Yi for you guys, never thought Mo was a starting point, better a 6th man type. we would take on bad deals (simmons and dannyG)

So, what would it take to get Bogut?

we would love to give you Re in a heart beat
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: bulls fan here 

Post#9 » by jerrod » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:03 pm

okanoho wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

we would love to give you Re in a heart beat

don't you think that's getting old yet? we're aware that he's not a good defender
dflaschberger
Analyst

Post#10 » by dflaschberger » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:00 pm

best I would do for redd is wallace, duhon, noc and our #1 for Redd and Danny G or Simmons
trwi7
RealGM

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:01 pm

dflaschberger wrote:best I would do for redd is wallace, duhon, noc and our #1 for Redd and Danny G or Simmons

Would the 1st be unprotected? If it was I'd do it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Post#12 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:15 pm

dflaschberger wrote:best I would do for redd is wallace, duhon, noc and our #1 for Redd and Danny G or Simmons

we will give you simmons then, i think Danny G can walk and give us energy, as long as he doesn't shoot the damn ball he is as good as jake
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#13 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:47 pm

I can't see a Bogut trade, he's one of the very few players actually trying on our team, and clearly the only one who can play any defense. I also think it'd be real hard to get Redd, especially in the same division, but the Bulls are one of the few teams that could make us a package too good to refuse. I think we'd have to go for something like this:

Bucks trade: Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva

Bull trade: Luol Deng, Joe Smith, Chris Duhon, Thabo Sefalosha, Viktor Khrypa

The big question with this scenario is whether the Bulls would really trade Deng. Even if they would it's still a big question of whether Redd is good enough to do it. I think this package might be enough to entice the Bulls, here are some reasons:

1. Redd would be even better on the Bulls than he is here. Playing with a pass first PG like Hinrich would help his offense out a whole lot, and that team is stocked with very smart defenders to help cover up his mental lapses.

2. Redd could be marketed as a superstar there, with an emphasis on a frienldy rivalry with Kobe. His great play for the national team could easily get more traciton in the media, and with the olympics coming up the media could easily latch onto Redd as part of the narrative of why the team is better designed for internatioanl play now. The Kobe narrative woudl also be real interesting, with Kobe wanting to go to Chicago so obviously but them getting Redd instead. Redd also discusses how practicing against kobe every day taught him what it means to be a superstar, and has been trying to have a more all around game because of Kobe.

3. Nocinoi is one of the Bulls' best players. He could easily start and play a bigger role, and he has been a favorite of that franchise for a long time.

4. The Bulls supposedly offered Deng for kobe. Now clearly Kobe has more value than Redd, but this does show that Deng is probably not considered untradable, particularly for a great scoring shooting guard (which Redd is).

5. Villaneuva also would be a good fit there, and he might be enough to make this offer good enough for the Bulls to not risk waiting on Kobe. The Bulls desperately need some low post scoring, and CV could hlep them a lot there. His experience with Ben Gordon also might help with an easier transition chemistry wise at least.
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#14 » by BrewersGM » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:56 pm

raferfenix wrote:I can't see a Bogut trade, he's one of the very few players actually trying on our team, and clearly the only one who can play any defense. I also think it'd be real hard to get Redd, especially in the same division, but the Bulls are one of the few teams that could make us a package too good to refuse. I think we'd have to go for something like this:

Bucks trade: Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva

Bull trade: Luol Deng, Joe Smith, Chris Duhon, Thabo Sefalosha, Viktor Khrypa

The big question with this scenario is whether the Bulls would really trade Deng. Even if they would it's still a big question of whether Redd is good enough to do it. I think this package might be enough to entice the Bulls, here are some reasons:

1. Redd would be even better on the Bulls than he is here. Playing with a pass first PG like Hinrich would help his offense out a whole lot, and that team is stocked with very smart defenders to help cover up his mental lapses.

2. Redd could be marketed as a superstar there, with an emphasis on a frienldy rivalry with Kobe. His great play for the national team could easily get more traciton in the media, and with the olympics coming up the media could easily latch onto Redd as part of the narrative of why the team is better designed for internatioanl play low. The Kobe narrative woudl also be real interesting, with Kobe wanting to go to Chicago so obviously but them getting Redd instead. Redd also discusses how practicing against kobe every day taught him what it means to be a superstar, and has been trying to have a more all around game because of Kobe.

3. Nocinoi is one of the Bulls' best players. He could easily start and play a bigger role, and he has been a favorite of that franchise for a long time.

4. The Bulls supposedly offered Deng for kobe. Now clearly Kobe has more value than Redd, but this does show that Deng is probably not considered untradable, particularly for a great scoring shooting guard (which Redd is).

5. Villaneuva also would be a good fit there, and he might be enough to make this offer good enough for the Bulls to not risk waiting on Kobe. The Bulls desperately need some low post scoring, and CV could hlep them a lot there. His experience with Ben Gordon also might help with an easier transition chemistry wise at least.

Everything sounds good. What are the chances that to sub .500 teams in the same divison make this kind of deal? It looks like a fair trade. I would love to have Deng...
trwi7
RealGM

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:58 pm

They wouldn't trade Deng for Kobe but they'll trade him for Redd?

Just do Redd and Gadzuric for Wallace, Thomas, Sefolosha and an unprotected 1st and start the rebuilding.

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#16 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:01 pm

trwi7 wrote:They wouldn't trade Deng for Kobe but they'll trade him for Redd?

Just do Redd and Gadzuric for Wallace, Thomas, Sefolosha and an unprotected 1st and start the rebuilding.

Actually, I forget who reported this, but supposedly the Bulls did offer Deng but Kobe vetoed the trade with his no-trade clause cuase he thought the Bulls wouldn't be good enough wtihout him to make it worth it.
Debit One
Starter

Post#17 » by Debit One » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:14 pm

trwi7 wrote:They wouldn't trade Deng for Kobe but they'll trade him for Redd?

No way that I trade Redd to Chicago without getting at least one of Nocioni or Hinrich in the deal, and hopefully both. Of the group above, Wallace is pretty much nothing, Thomas hasn't proven a damn thing other than he can jump, and Selfolosha has proven less than Thomas.

Redd + CV for Nocioni, Hinrich/Gordon (much prefer Hinrich, but it would be Gordon), one of Thomas/Noah and Selfolosha
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#18 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:21 pm

I want no part of Ben Wallace. He's a total liability at this point and owed a lot of money.
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#19 » by BrewersGM » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:31 pm

Debit One wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No way that I trade Redd to Chicago without getting at least one of Nocioni or Hinrich in the deal, and hopefully both. Of the group above, Wallace is pretty much nothing, Thomas hasn't proven a damn thing other than he can jump, and Selfolosha has proven less than Thomas.

Redd + CV for Nocioni, Hinrich/Gordon (much prefer Hinrich, but it would be Gordon), one of Thomas/Noah and Selfolosha

Deng and Krik! that would be worth it!
trwi7
RealGM

Post#20 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:32 pm

BrewersGM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Deng and Krik! that would be worth it!

We'd be lucky to get one of those two.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks