ImageImage

JS: Bogut gets more plays

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

JS: Bogut gets more plays 

Post#1 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:40 am

I'm really glad to hear more plays for Bogut.

Hopefully he can produce with this opportunity he's being given.

Long time overdue.

Making a big impression
Bogut getting chances to score
By TOM ENLUND
tenlund@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Jan. 7, 2008

Philadelphia - In an attempt to breathe some life into an often stagnant offense, the Milwaukee Bucks unveiled a secret weapon Sunday in their victory over the Charlotte Bobcats.

Andrew Bogut scored a season-high 25 points in the Milwaukee Bucks' victory Sunday over the Charlotte Hornets.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Andrew Bogut the Australian scoring machine.

Working productively around the basket, Bogut scored a season-high 25 points. And that was no accident, since before that game coach Larry Krystkowiak had added a handful of plays to the team's repertoire that had Bogut's name on them.

And that was just fine with Bogut.

"It's good for my confidence knowing that the coach is trying to get me the ball," he said. "Even if I missed a couple shots, he still came back to me, which is a good sign."

Said point guard Royal Ivey, "Andrew played a great game."

It's not as if Bogut's offensive abilities are an unknown quantity, it's just that with the Bucks' perimeter-oriented attack, he doesn't get a chance to show them off very often.

The Bucks have been searching for ways to manufacture points - especially with guard Michael Redd sidelined with a thigh injury - and on Sunday, Krystkowiak decided to look more in Bogut's direction. The plan is to keep him involved in the offense.

"We're certainly going to do that," Krystkowiak said. "I think what's gone on in the past is we've have a couple of sets that throw it to Andrew and he hasn't been productive and we've kind of stopped. I think from a coach's perspective, you have to have confidence in your big guy and that's what I'm doing is instilling that in him, that we're going to keep coming at you.

"We're looking to get him the ball inside and telling the other four guys, 'Look, take a peek at him in there.' It can be real effective. I don't think you can be a good team or a playoff team without having a serious post threat. And hopefully the rest of our shooters can fill in the gaps and we can become more productively offensively."

Bogut averaged 9.4 points per game as a rookie and 12.3 last season, with his career high of 27 points coming last Jan. 15 at Charlotte. Through 33 games this season, Bogut is averaging 12.1 points and his season high before Sunday was the 23 points he scored against Memphis on Nov. 14.

Bogut started well and finished very well Sunday.

He scored on two dunks and a short hook shot in the first 5 minutes to help the Bucks take a 12-4 lead. He added six points in the second quarter and five in the third, and then scored eight points in Milwaukee's 12-0 spurt in the final 3
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#2 » by paul » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:47 am

Halla Freaking Lujah.

Judging by other threads going on recently there might be some debate on what LK has said in here, but....

"I don't think you can be a good team or a playoff team without having a serious post threat. And hopefully the rest of our shooters can fill in the gaps and we can become more productively offensively."

....describes my exact point of view as well. The other part that was good to hear was LK saying

"I think what's gone on in the past is we've have a couple of sets that throw it to Andrew and he hasn't been productive and we've kind of stopped. I think from a coach's perspective, you have to have confidence in your big guy and that's what I'm doing is instilling that in him, that we're going to keep coming at you."

Many posters on here have been saying this, it's nice that LK agrees this has been a mistake.

Bring on the inside out game.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#3 » by Newz » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:51 am

Uh oh, apparently Michael Redd told the coaches it was okay to start calling more plays for Bogut.

Maybe they'll start to call other plays besides Isolations for him at the end of the game when he is healthy?

Who knows.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#4 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:58 am

I personally want more plays called for Voskuhl, especially at home. I can never get enough of Joe Esposito.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#5 » by paul » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:07 am

BuckFan25226 wrote:I personally want more plays called for Voskuhl, especially at home. I can never get enough of Joe Esposito.

I personally didn't see any sarcasm coming from you in this thread after the discussion in the other one BuckFan, thought u'd be all for this :D
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#6 » by skones » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:09 am

This article brings a smile to my face.
schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#7 » by schweig » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:09 am

I will say this, if you give LK 33 games, he will be able to identify some problems and start to make positive changes.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#8 » by jerrod » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:17 am

someone go find his car and spray paint

"go up strong"

in big letters
schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#9 » by schweig » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:21 am

jerrod wrote:someone go find his car and spray paint

"go up strong"

in big letters

I couldn't have been the only one who was scared for a second when he stepped out from the no-charge circle for his 50.4% chance at the winner, instead of going for the rim.

Disclaimer: it was a great pass, great shot and score, lots of credit to Andrew and I'm excited to see what he brings tomorrow. (these disclaimers can cut down on 50.4% of the arguing posts around here)
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,758

Post#10 » by Serge28 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:24 am

I guess we'll see tomorrow night if this was just a one time thing or a real change in offensive strategy.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#11 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:32 am

Serge28 wrote:I guess we'll see tomorrow night if this was just a one time thing or a real change in offensive strategy.

Is Redd going to play tomorrow?

It's only real if they give it to Drew when Redd comes back
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#12 » by pasting_monkeys » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:33 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:It's only real if they give it to Drew when Redd comes back
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#13 » by icat2000 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:43 am

What they said. Otherwise its another day at the office . .
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,758

Post#14 » by Serge28 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:13 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Is Redd going to play tomorrow?

It's only real if they give it to Drew when Redd comes back

I disagree. If the guards (not just Redd) make a conscientious effort to get Bogut the ball, I don't thing there will be a major change from that when Redd comes back. Instead of passing the ball to him, they will pass it to Bogut.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#15 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:17 am

jerrod wrote:someone go find his car and spray paint

"go up strong"

in big letters

I tried but the **** kangaroo wouldnt hold still long enough.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,283

Post#16 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:17 am

Bo(g)ut time.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#17 » by skones » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:56 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Way to be culturally insensitive.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#18 » by icat2000 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:10 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

One look at your mug is enough to send anyone hopping. Personally I never eat Skippy.
KingCammo
Veteran
And1: 50

Post#19 » by KingCammo » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:19 am

Dude, kangaroo tastes awesome. Very tender, everyone should eat their national emblem.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#20 » by blkout » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:05 am

I wouldn't say it tastes awesome, it's kinda average :lol: but cheap and nice enough if you mix it with other things.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks