ImageImage

Incident Involving Mo & Tony Brown

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,401

Post#41 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:54 pm

FWIW I have also heard about this, it happened last weekend after the GS game.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#42 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There is a large contingent that put it all on Redd. We did get a number of comments knocking Redd for the fact Dunleavy scored a lot the other night, but there wasn't one comment noting that fact that 5'-2" Travis Diener, in his first NBA start ever in three seasons, went off for "15/9" against Mo.

The defense of Mo is that "16/7" makes him a top 10-15 PG so what does "15/9" from Diener mean? Neither stat means anything. It is the context of how you get those stats.
Absolutely.. the criticisms of Michael Redd have been consistent but when Mo Williams gets outplayed by bench fodder he tends to get a free pass. It's ridiculous really.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#43 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Spot on Press.
Giannis
is
UponUs
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,401

Post#44 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:56 pm

I just hope we make some moves soon. We need some new players to rip on.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#45 » by Andrew34r » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I just hope we make some moves soon. We need some new players to rip on.

:lol:
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#46 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:58 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've heard this as well, sis. Clearly the organization believes in Mo or else they wouldn't have re-signed him last summer. But there is a frustration growing with his play and part of that is attributed to the belief that he can play better. I've heard there will be repercussions should Mo not raise his level of play, but whether that's just more hot air or actually will be followed through upon by Krystkowiak remains to be seen.
I've heard about these alleged "reprecussions" but I'm not convinced that they will follow through with any of them.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#47 » by europa » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:58 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:FWIW I have also heard about this, it happened last weekend after the GS game.

Given this, I feel think the possibility is even greater now that Woelfel has also heard about it and that's the subject of his report on the radio last night.
Nothing will not break me.
europa
RealGM

Post#48 » by europa » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:59 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've heard about these alleged "reprecussions" but I'm not convinced that they will follow through with any of them.

Neither am I.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#49 » by Debit One » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:59 pm

Well, if we don't get any new players, at least we have a new Moderator to rip on.

BTW, nice Mickey Davis impression in this linked thread, PP.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=754316

:wink:
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#50 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:59 pm

europa's new avatar = :thumbsup:

And also, yeah this ain't good, but it's what I expect from a team that's self-destructing.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#51 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Chapter29 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They are wrong. He is capable to some degree on the offensive side, but he is not capable defensively.

I hope that they aren't that dumb.

I don't disagree with you.. but some in the organization don't agree with us.

Andrew34r
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by Andrew34r » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:05 pm

Mo might not be capable of being a good defender. I dont really disagree with that but he has improved his numbers in steals per game...if he can get a few steals and at least be close to an average on the ball defender that should be good enough for most people.

And if you look at PG's around the league...there are very few shut down PG defenders most of them are average at best...infact the best PG in the league is a worse defender than Mo.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#53 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:06 pm

I just hope this leads to some kind of roster movement....I am sure there is bad blood throughout this locker room. I don't see many of these guys getting along at all. Time to fire Harris and make drastic moves.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#54 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:I just hope this leads to some kind of roster movement....I am sure there is bad blood throughout this locker room. I don't see many of these guys getting along at all. Time to fire Harris and make drastic moves.

In the emoticons of cbq.. :nod:
Go Bucks!
Debit One
Starter

Post#55 » by Debit One » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Andrew34r wrote:And if you look at PG's around the league...there are very few shut down PG defenders most of them are average at best...infact the best PG in the league is a worse defender than Mo.

I will vehemently disagree with you on this one.

I know that you are talking about Steve Nash. If Nash really is worse defensively than Mo Williams (debatable) then he isn't the best PG in the league. In other words, for all of the wonderful things that Nash does on offense, if he truly is a more of a defensive liability than Mo Williams then there are other PGs who are better on an overall basis.

If Steve Nash was playing for Dallas rather than Phoenix we wouldn't put him in the same tier with Kidd, Paul, D. Williams and Billups. He's good, but in any other system he isn't a superstar.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#56 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Debit One wrote:If Steve Nash was playing for Dallas rather than Phoenix we wouldn't put him in the same tier with Kidd, Paul, D. Williams and Billups. He's good, but in any other system he isn't a superstar.

I'm not so sure about that. Nash was extremely good in his time with Dallas
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
europa
RealGM

Post#57 » by europa » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Nash is a horrible defender but in his defense (no pun intended) he was a pretty damn good PG in Dallas. He was an All Star there and an All-NBA player. He wasn't an MVP but the guy was one of the game's best PGs with the Mavs too so yes I'd say he'd be right there with anyone else mentioned in that tier even if he hadn't gone back to Phoenix.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by Andrew34r » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Debit One wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I will vehemently disagree with you on this one.

I know that you are talking about Steve Nash. If Nash really is worse defensively than Mo Williams (debatable) then he isn't the best PG in the league. In other words, for all of the wonderful things that Nash does on offense, if he truly is a more of a defensive liability than Mo Williams then there are other PGs who are better on an overall basis.

If Steve Nash was playing for Dallas rather than Phoenix we wouldn't put him in the same tier with Kidd, Paul, D. Williams and Billups. He's good, but in any other system he isn't a superstar.

The guy was a 2 time MVP and probably should have been a 3-time MVP and I do think his defense is worse than Mo's. I dont know if he would be as good with other teams but there is no doubt in anybody's mind that he makes players a lot better. Half of that Suns team would be below average players if they were on any other team that does not have Steve Nash on it. But no matter what team he is on he is a below average defender by a lot, imo.
Debit One
Starter

Post#59 » by Debit One » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Andrew34r wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The guy was a 2 time MVP and probably should have been a 3-time MVP and I do think his defense is worse than Mo's. I dont know if he would be as good with other teams but there is no doubt in anybody's mind that he makes players a lot better. Half of that Suns team would be below average players if they were on any other team that does not have Steve Nash on it. But no matter what team he is on he is a below average defender by a lot, imo.

And my point is that if is defense is worse than Mo's (I'm not debating whether or not he is), then he's pretty much the worst defensive PG in the NBA and by definition could not be the best PG in the league.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#60 » by cam2win » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm going to take this rumor with a grain of salt given the sources are two posters on this forum who have been recently critical of Mo. They may be true but they do seem a far stretch.

If they are indeed true then Tony Brown has the maturity of a grade school kid. Why call out the "PG play" when it's obvious who you mean. That sounds like a sibling trying to get another in trouble with their parents.

If I were Mo I'd yell back too. The only one who may get a pass on teh defensive end may be Bogut, but he's been burned against some athletic bigs this year.

Maybe this is true about Mo, and maybe I'm defending him when he's wrong. However the Mo I see is one that actually cares and has worked his butt off this year to improve. It can't be easy to be the PG of a team who changes there identity every 2 weeks, all while being asked to be the reincarnation of Oscar Robertson by most of it's fans.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks