ImageImage

The Ramon Sessions ManLove Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,738

Post#441 » by emunney » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 am

europa wrote:Sessions is now averaging 10-11-5 in April. He's bumped his shooting percentage up to 42% which is much more respectable than it was a few games ago.

And 13 assists/game in 6 games as a starter.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#442 » by DanoMac » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:20 am

rilamann wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Forget an email I say we all get together and go straight to the ESPN studios and take over the set and show Bucks highlights till the cops smoke us all out.

:lol:

Paper bag revolt v. 2 in the background of SportsCenter.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#443 » by Wade-A-Holic » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:36 am

I've been trying to reserve judgment on Sessions while I watch him play a bit more. My observations are pretty basic and echo a lot of sentiments shared here.

First of all, his focus on defense MUST improve. There are reasons to give him a bit of a pass for the time being.

First of all, he's adjusting to size, speed, quickness, and everything else about the NBA game that is head and shoulders above the D-League and what he saw in college at Nevada. He's going against much more experienced players right now. Second, I believe he's very eager just to be at the NBA level, knows we're really not competing for anything right now, and is probably just focusing on being a distributer and good teammate right now. Finally, I doubt Larry K is taking a hard stance on anything right now, let alone the defensive intensity and consistency of a rookie point guard who is just getting his feet wet in the league. I do not think Sessions will ever be a lock down defensive player. I do think that a more respected, reputable coach (such as Carlisle) can and will demand more from him on that end and we WILL see some improvement.

The thing that stands out most for me with Sessions is his court awareness and vision offensively. Right now, he'll ebb and flow with his turnover numbers, but his instincts, awareness, and vision are apparent even without a thorough understanding of the offensive system (as if Larry K's is difficult to grasp) or a highly developed rapport with his teammates. Sessions is crafty offensively and is the type of point guard that teammates love. That is reason enough to live with his defensive deficiencies for now. I'm not worried about his shooting percentages right now. There are countless examples of point guards that have come into the NBA without reliable jump shots only to develop them down the line as an addition to their games. Guys like Rafer Alston come to mind.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#444 » by wichmae » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:43 am

rilamann wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Forget an email I say we all get together and go straight to the ESPN studios and take over the set and show Bucks highlights till the cops smoke us all out.

:lol:

I'm all for a smoke out :D
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#445 » by St.Nick » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:47 am

24 assists?! Did I read that right?!

Congrats on stealing this kid.
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#446 » by beyond_the_arc » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:04 am

For all the Mo fans, let's say Ramon is every bit as bad at defense as Mo. Given that idea, I'll take the PG who passes and sets up teammates and gets them the ball on time over a PG who only gives a damn about scoring. This does not take in contracts as the $ doesn't make the way the guy plays. Mo has NEVER been a PG and NEVER will be. Ramon already is, end of story.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#447 » by bullzman23 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:10 am

Hey guys,

We have a thread about Sessions on the Bulls board. It'd be appreciated if some of you guys could come and give us some insight into his game.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#448 » by bayrdbandit » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 am

emunney wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And 13 assists/game in 6 games as a starter.

that is a big number.

there's plenty to be excited about this offseason.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#449 » by ITK9 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 am

are u guys f*** kidding me??? 24 assists?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#450 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:07 am

El Duderino wrote:One last thing we get to thank Larry Harris for is that six year deal to Charlie Bell.

Sessions is showing that at worst he should be a solid backup PG and now the role left for Bell is shrinking up to near designated bench pouter for next season, but we get the pleasure to pay him for five more seasons.

Yay

It is a 5 year matched offer sheet for Charlie Bell. It is Mo who has the 6 year deal (with ETO then PO)

Just like with Mo, the cronies got involved in the contract negotiations and messed things up. I'm not sure how Larry Harris would be when it came to negotiating contracts if he had been allowed to actually do so himself.
The only contract I would say that Larry Harris is responsible for messing up is the Gadzuric contract. We could have gotten away with waiting to match a 5 year $30 mil offer sheet for Gadz, but Harris was paranoid about Atlanta writing a more lucrative 5 year offer sheet, so Harris asked for and received permission to tack on an extra year and an extra $6 mil.

And as for Bell, it was Senator Kohl himself, personally, that botched the Bell negotiations from the start. It still bugs me that Senator Kohl went to Bell personally and made our initial offer (which was an insultingly low offer to Bell) instead of Harris doing it. GTFO Kohl.

I think Bell turned things around after his craptacular start to the season (and that putrid start was mostly his own fault due to not working out in the offseason, having mental issues with his contract situation, etc.)

I guess we could have gotten away without retaining him in the manner we did, but I'm in favor of keeping Bell as our 2nd string SG who would also serve as our 3rd string PG.

Ideally, Sessions would be the 2nd string PG and we'd find a better option at starting PG, but quite frankly I would honestly not be too upset if we had to go with Sessions as our starter with a solid 2nd string PG added to the roster and then keeping Bell as the 3rd string PG (and 2nd string SG) like I described.

P.S.

Ramon Sessions is your new bicyle.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#451 » by Nebula1 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:22 pm

It seems obvious to me that Villanueva is Ramon's favorite target and seems to have the games of Villanueva, Simmons, Mason, and to an extent, Bogut working much better. He's not quite on page with Redd yet, but give Ramon the weapons, and he'll use them. I'd be curious to see the stats for Villanueva and Simmons since Ramon's entry into the starting lineup.

Nice work for the rookie.

Anybody got a clip of his dunk?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#452 » by europa » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:19 am

In a press release from the NBA, David Stern has announced that the name of the National Basketball Association has been changed to the Ramon Sessions Association.

The RSA playoffs will begin on Sunday. Stern announced that the winner of the Finals will not be crowned the champions. Instead, that team will play Sessions in a best-of-seven series.
Nothing will not break me.
TYEZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 7

Post#453 » by TYEZ » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:45 pm

:clap: Congrats on Sessions.
I hope he gets the minutes next year. Looks like if he does he can produce big time!!!

We'll give you TJ Ford back for him :D
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#454 » by steger_3434 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Sessions better put up 18 and 10 because he's more than likely going to give up the same amount on the other end of the court. I really don't understand how so many people are in love with the guy. He's EXACTLY like any Bucks player in former years. Years that many of us want to forget and look forward to a brighter future.

He's an offensive force putting up huge stats in meaningless blowout losses all the while playing awful D.

Sure, bring up the fact he's a rookie, etc, but if he's a rookie and able to put up those offensive numbers, there is no reason he can't be a rookie and be at least decent on the defensive side of the ball.

I've moved on from this type of player. I used to love CV. His offensive game as a rookie left me wanting more. Little did I know that he was so horrid defensively that it didn't matter what he could do offensively. The same holds true for Redd. Once LH was fired and Hammonds took over I took over a different approach with this team. I don't care about offensive numbers. I care about how you look on the defensive side of the ball.

That is why the only guy worth keeping and getting excited over is Bogut in my opinion. He has elevated him game tremendously on the defensive end while playing good offense. I want two way players, not offensive guys that can't gaurd the Chris Duhons of the world.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#455 » by El Duderino » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:03 am

steger_3434 wrote:Sessions better put up 18 and 10 because he's more than likely going to give up the same amount on the other end of the court. I really don't understand how so many people are in love with the guy. He's EXACTLY like any Bucks player in former years. Years that many of us want to forget and look forward to a brighter future.

He's an offensive force putting up huge stats in meaningless blowout losses all the while playing awful D.

Sure, bring up the fact he's a rookie, etc, but if he's a rookie and able to put up those offensive numbers, there is no reason he can't be a rookie and be at least decent on the defensive side of the ball.

I've moved on from this type of player. I used to love CV. His offensive game as a rookie left me wanting more. Little did I know that he was so horrid defensively that it didn't matter what he could do offensively. The same holds true for Redd. Once LH was fired and Hammonds took over I took over a different approach with this team. I don't care about offensive numbers. I care about how you look on the defensive side of the ball.

That is why the only guy worth keeping and getting excited over is Bogut in my opinion. He has elevated him game tremendously on the defensive end while playing good offense. I want two way players, not offensive guys that can't gaurd the Chris Duhons of the world.

I understand your point and am in the camp of shedding this team of it's soft all offense/no defense guys like Redd/Mo/CV.

I also did closely watch Sessions on defense and he was flat out miserable, i was surprised at how bad he was on that end. With that said, in such a small sample of games, him being a rookie, and not having much practice time, i by no means am ready to just assume he can't get better on defense.

It's probably safe to guess that whoever our next coach is, it will be an experienced guy with a backround of past teams playing defense. If Sessions wants to earn minutes next year, he won't get them by playing well on offense, but being a matador on defense.

We'll find out then if Sessions can put away the red cape and instead work hard to improve on his obvious weakness.
TYEZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 7

Post#456 » by TYEZ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:43 am

steger_3434 wrote:Sessions better put up 18 and 10 because he's more than likely going to give up the same amount on the other end of the court. I really don't understand how so many people are in love with the guy. He's EXACTLY like any Bucks player in former years. Years that many of us want to forget and look forward to a brighter future.

Oh I didn't know he played no D. I really only saw his O stats in fantasy hoops. Thats a bummer. Good luck anyways.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#457 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:48 am

TYEZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh I didn't know he played no D. I really only saw his O stats in fantasy hoops. Thats a bummer. Good luck anyways.

Yeah Chris Duhons line against him,
22 points (on 8 of 9 fgs), 15 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 turnovers in 30 minutes.
gobbler
Junior

Post#458 » by gobbler » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:38 am

beyond_the_arc wrote:For all the Mo fans, let's say Ramon is every bit as bad at defense as Mo. Given that idea, I'll take the PG who passes and sets up teammates and gets them the ball on time over a PG who only gives a damn about scoring. This does not take in contracts as the $ doesn't make the way the guy plays. Mo has NEVER been a PG and NEVER will be. Ramon already is, end of story.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although I personally would not state the 2nd to last sentence so strongly.
lawry beard wrote:Does anyone else find it ironic that the only player in the NBA the bucks can shut down is Bogut?
gobbler
Junior

Post#459 » by gobbler » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:45 am

Nebula1 wrote:It seems obvious to me that Villanueva is Ramon's favorite target and seems to have the games of Villanueva, Simmons, Mason, and to an extent, Bogut working much better. He's not quite on page with Redd yet, but give Ramon the weapons, and he'll use them. I'd be curious to see the stats for Villanueva and Simmons since Ramon's entry into the starting lineup.

Nice work for the rookie.

Anybody got a clip of his dunk?

I agree.

I think that Sessions would do really good job of utilizing Yi. I'm excited to see it (and hope to see it) next year.

Sessions does a good job of utilizing guys who are outside shooters like CV and Simmons - whose guys collapse on Sessions. He also does a good job just making the nice fast break pass or hitting the cutting/slashing guy like Mason and also Simmons do. I don't know if he makes Bogut better, but I think that they play well together.

Accordingly, Yi's sweet jumper and athleticism should work really well with the way Sessions plays.
lawry beard wrote:Does anyone else find it ironic that the only player in the NBA the bucks can shut down is Bogut?
gobbler
Junior

Post#460 » by gobbler » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:50 am

Steger man, we just want hope. We want something positive rather than the bitter pill this season has been. Yi didn't amaze me. CV didn't amaze me. I already believed in Bogut. Bogut was a #1 pick who we'll always wish was LeBron level. Sessions can be our little underdog steal for now.

Also, I wanted the Bucks to draft Sessions. I saw him play a game or two in college and I saw footage of the pre-draft camps. The guy has it in him to play good, smart D and use his size.

Also, I've just been so frustrated with having a Mo-style PG that I'm just elated to have a passer / floor general like Ramon. I didn't have D before with Mo, so I'm not missing it.

That said, we'll see how it does when he plays in a few games that count.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks