ImageImage

What If Woelful's Right?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#21 » by wichmae » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:13 pm

rilamann wrote:If we could pull off some sort of deal sending Redd to the Knicks for #6 and David Lee i'd be all for it.

it wouldnt go down like that...
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#22 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:15 pm

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well???????...guessing we would be taking Marbury's expiring....
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#23 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:15 pm

I'm not as high on Gordon as many here, so the idea of trading up just to get him doesn't really interest me.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#24 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:15 pm

rilamann wrote:If we could pull off some sort of deal sending Redd to the Knicks for #6 and David Lee i'd be all for it.

That would be robbery on our end. I still don't see the Knicks wanting a guard like Redd at $17M per year over a better athlete in Gordon on a rookie scale. Gordon would be better in a D'Antoni type offense than Redd anyway.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#25 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:18 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I'm not as high on Gordon as many here, so the idea of trading up just to get him doesn't really interest me.

Gordon's going to be a better player than Redd and cost significantly less for the next five years, so to me this is a no brainer. We'd probably have to take back a horrendous contract for the Knicks to consider it though.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#26 » by xTitan » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:19 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I'm not as high on Gordon as many here, so the idea of trading up just to get him doesn't really interest me.

I agree with you, If the Bucks were to land Mayo and Alexander I would be very happy. The size/athleticism around the perimeter would be turned around in 1 year....plus both have good basketball IQ's.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#27 » by rilamann » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:20 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That would be robbery on our end. I still don't see the Knicks wanting a guard like Redd at $17M per year over a better athlete in Gordon on a rookie scale. Gordon would be better in a D'Antoni type offense than Redd anyway.

Ok how about we throw in CV and make it a big blockbuster type deal.

And Wichmae I dont appreciate your ''I know but im not gonna tell attitude''.

:lol:

Spill the beans if you know something.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#28 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:21 pm

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you have inside info, give it, you don't have to give your source, but this really doesn't help do anything but have people ask a bunch of questions.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#29 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:23 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with you, If the Bucks were to land Mayo and Alexander I would be very happy. The size/athleticism around the perimeter would be turned around in 1 year....plus both have good basketball IQ's.
I still wonder about Mayo's ability to be a full time PG, BUT if this was the outcome then of our draft I would be okay with that.

In this scenerio would you look to add another SG or move Bobby over?
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#30 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:26 pm

Mayo has fine size for a SG as well, and we'd very possibly be playing him next to Sessions, who is 6-3. That gives you great size at PG, average size at SG, and well above average creating ability overall in the backcourt.

I don't see how we can land Mayo without giving up Redd and the #8 though.
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#31 » by Dags » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:26 pm

Knowing the Bucks luck, if it was the Knicks it'd be Redd for 6 and Randolph.
Das ist nümberwang!
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,394

Post#32 » by randy84 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:29 pm

I am a little confused as to why we want all of the "expiring contracts". It's not like the Bucks are going to pursue a major free agent.

No one wants to come to Milwaukee, that is why we had to overpay Redd to begin with.

The other thing is even if we get extra draft picks, that means we won't be any type of contender for the next 3 to 4 years and only then if we guess right and make good choices with our draft.

We have good players in Redd, Bogut, and Mo, so why give them up for draft choices that may not pan out.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#33 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:29 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Mayo has fine size for a SG as well, and we'd very possibly be playing him next to Sessions, who is 6-3. That gives you great size at PG, average size at SG, and well above average creating ability overall in the backcourt.

I don't see how we can land Mayo without giving up Redd and the #8 though.
I hate the idea of a small backcourt.. and would prefer more size even if we could possibly be okay with a Mayo/Sessions pairing.

If that was the decision made by Hammond, then I would say CB would have to be moved, along with Mo so that we could at least have some more size with our backups than we do with our starters.

LUKE23
RealGM

Post#34 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:30 pm

I could see QRich/Jerome James/#6 for Redd. Both QRich and James have two years remaining. I would do that.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#35 » by rilamann » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:30 pm

I'd say throw in Mo in a Knicks deal but the Knicks wouldnt want him,they already have Marbury so why would they want the poor man's version.

:lol:

Its been a few weeks since I took a jab at Mo and I figured I was due if for nothing but a good laugh and to ruffle a few feathers.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#36 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:32 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I hate the idea of a small backcourt.. and would prefer more size even if we could possibly be okay with a Mayo/Sessions pairing.

If that was the decision made by Hammond, then I would say CB would have to be moved, along with Mo so that we could at least have some more size with our backups than we do with our starters.

That's not a small backcourt. Sessions is 6-3, well above average at PG, and Mayo is 6-4.5, maybe .5 inch below average. Both guys have solid builds as well.

We're likely going to see a change at SF, I could see Mo and CV going out for a 6-7ish SF too.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#37 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:36 pm

Any deals the Knicks make will be to either unload salary or bring in a star. Redd adds salary and isn't a star.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#38 » by fam3381 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:37 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I hate the idea of a small backcourt.. and would prefer more size even if we could possibly be okay with a Mayo/Sessions pairing.

You think a hypothetical Mayo/Sessions pairing would be small? If this year's playoffs are any indication you really don't need a 6'4" PG and 6'8" SG. You don't want midgets (as Adam might say) but Mayo/Sessions would hardly qualify as that. Especially at the point it's very hard to find guys taller than 6'3" who can keep up with all the speedy PGs around.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#39 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:38 pm

randy84 wrote:I am a little confused as to why we want all of the "expiring contracts". It's not like the Bucks are going to pursue a major free agent.

No one wants to come to Milwaukee, that is why we had to overpay Redd to begin with.

The other thing is even if we get extra draft picks, that means we won't be any type of contender for the next 3 to 4 years and only then if we guess right and make good choices with our draft.

We have good players in Redd, Bogut, and Mo, so why give them up for draft choices that may not pan out.
I agree that all this talk of adding expiring contracts or even extra draft picks (in a weak draft) isn't very encouraging in my opinion. We have a number of young players already, and I still feel we need some veterans in here that know how to win on this level. I also know that we need to make some serious changes with this team in order to win consistently. I firmly believe we have to move either Mo or Redd or both, along with CV and probably a few other guys just to get us rejuveniated at this point.

I would prefer to move Mo and CV over anyone else but I know that many teams might be more interested in one over the other (not both), and teams hoping to contend will be more interested in Redd over either of them. I want the best deal we can get for whoever we move.. and I just don't see a scenerio where all of the guys you named will be back with this team next season.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,967

Post#40 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:39 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Any deals the Knicks make will be to either unload salary or bring in a star. Redd adds salary and isn't a star.

Hell, for the cost I'm sure they'd rather have Crawford.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks