crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#41 » by crkone » Fri Jun 6, 2008 3:09 pm

mcfromage wrote:Via JSONLINE:

LSU's Randolph among Bucks workout warriors
By Charles F. Gardner
Friday, Jun 6 2008, 09:19 AM
The Bucks released the list of the six draft prospects who will work out today at the Cousins Center, and it includes Louisiana State freshman forward Anthony Randolph.

The 6-foot-11, 220-pound Randolph averaged 15.6 points and 8.5 rebounds for the Tigers last season. He won't turn 19 years old until July 15.

Also scheduled to work out for the Bucks today are junior small forward Joe Alexander of West Virginia; senior guard Stanley Burrell of Xavier; freshman forward Donte Greene of Syracuse; senior guard Brian Roberts of Dayton; and sophomore forward Walter Sharpe of Alabama-Birmingham.

The 6-9, 245-pound Sharpe was academically ineligible for the spring semester at UAB and played in just 12 games, averaging 14.2 points and 6.8 rebounds.

The Bucks hold the eighth and 37th picks in the June 26 draft.

General manager John Hammond said the recent Orlando pre-draft camp gave the Bucks staff a better feel for what is available to them in the lottery portion of the draft. The projected top picks did some individual drills at the end of the camp, in addition to being weighed and measured.

"What it made me feel like, it reassured me we would get a good player at No. 8," Hammond said.

Sounds like he had his doubts and maybe more inclined to keep the pick.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#42 » by mcfromage » Fri Jun 6, 2008 3:20 pm

crkone wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sounds like he had his doubts and maybe more inclined to keep the pick.

I thought the same thing.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#43 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jun 6, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm just happy that once again Bucks.com will be offering video footage and interview info on the website. It would be nice (won't happen I'm sure) if they showed a clip of Randolph v. Alexander...
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,282

Post#44 » by xTitan » Fri Jun 6, 2008 4:13 pm

What I find most interesting is the players that have been brought in, a large number of potential second round picks.....Alexander, Randolph, and Greene are first rounders witht he potetial of Alexander or Randolph most likely at #8.

Will these workouts be open to reporters?
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#45 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:19 pm

xTitan wrote:What I find most interesting is the players that have been brought in, a large number of potential second round picks.....Alexander, Randolph, and Greene are first rounders witht he potetial of Alexander or Randolph most likely at #8.

Will these workouts be open to reporters?
If it is, will the MJS staff wake up long enough to even report something significant about the workout? Or will they do the usual and print something like: "The Bucks worked out Andrew Bogut today and he's a star player from the Dominican Republic hoping to get picked with the 6th pick in the 2007 NBA draft".. Or probably something like: "Greg Oden is a lock to be the first pick of the 2008 NBA Draft."
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#46 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:50 pm

EDIT: I meant to edit, not quote. Sorry :)

Updated through New Jersey (in alphabetical order) with new info. Most notably, new videos from Indiana and individual interviews from New Jersey for Javale McGee and Sonny Weems.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#47 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Jun 6, 2008 8:16 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Today's workout (according to Bucks.com) is with:

Joe Alexander
Stanley Burrell
Donte Greene
Anthony Randolph
Brian Roberts
Walter Sharpe

I'd love to see some tape on a 3 on 3 drill.

JA/DG/AR v. SB/BR/WS.... :rofl:
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#48 » by Bernman » Fri Jun 6, 2008 8:59 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah he was really nervous.

Also, I recognize that I am on a message board primarily with men as the posters, but I want to add something perhaps only a female would notice when looking at Nathan Jawai. It's funny I kept staring at his eyes in this video because it looked like he had on eyeliner or mascara. I could definitely see him as a crossdresser/female impersonator.

Okay I will move on now. :lol:

He's a good bloke of John Amaechi, guaranteed.

I've never met a straight man who thought Nicole Kidman was attractive. That's all hype from gays because she doesn't stretch the dresses they make.

If we draft him.....don't bend over in the locker room Flintstone!
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#49 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:11 pm

Draft workout #1: Q & A's

June 6, 2008

MILWAUKEE -- The Bucks held their first draft workout this afternoon at the team's Training Center. The session featured six athletes and lasted for about an hour and half. After the workouts concluded, Bucks.com caught up the guys for some quick interviews, highlighted with some Bucks trivia.

Joe Alexander - West Virginia
Forward | 6-8, 230 lbs

Q: If you were drafted by Milwaukee, how would your abilities fit in with the Bucks roster?

A: I think my skills would fit in very well with this roster because I can play the 3. I play hard and I think one of the skills that coach Skiles values is players who play physical, guys who are willing to be physical on defense, especially in the post and that
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
xTitan
RealGM

Post#50 » by xTitan » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:25 pm

I was told that it appears to this point the Bucks are not going to run many players through, not like in past years when waves of players have come through for workouts. If that is the case and ole Johnny Hammonds is not to sneaky and shifty, it would appear the Bucks are poised to choose a small forward and that Randolph was brought in to see if he could actually play the 3 spot. Of course if Hammond has some Ron Wolf in him they will either draft a Pf or a 2 guard.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#51 » by stellation » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:45 pm

Bernman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
He's a good bloke of John Amaechi, guaranteed.

I've never met a straight man who thought Nicole Kidman was attractive. That's all hype from gays because she doesn't stretch the dresses they make.

If we draft him.....don't bend over in the locker room Flintstone!

It's encouraging to see someone with the courage to not be intimidated by using stereotypes to the extent that they can throw a whole bunch into the one post!

He's a kid, I imagine he opted for Nicole Kidman because he hadn't heard of Helen Reddy; he may stretch to having heard I am Woman, but I doubt he knows it was written and recorded by an Australian ;)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#52 » by Bernman » Fri Jun 6, 2008 10:06 pm

stellation wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's encouraging to see someone with the courage to not be intimidated by using stereotypes to the extent that they can throw a whole bunch into the one post!

He's a kid, I imagine he opted for Nicole Kidman because he hadn't heard of Helen Reddy; he may stretch to having heard I am Woman, but I doubt he knows it was written and recorded by an Australian ;)

Hey mate, you're from Australia, right?

It's good to see that being politically correct to the point of not having a sense of humour, isn't solely limited to Americans. :D
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#53 » by stellation » Fri Jun 6, 2008 10:20 pm

Bernman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey mate, you're from Australia, right?

It's good to see that being politically correct to the point of not having a sense of humour, isn't solely limited to Americans. :D

Yep- I was only joking, the ;) was originally after the first paragraph then I went back and added in the other one so it probably didn't come across that way :P
#FreeChuckDiesel
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#54 » by Wise1 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 10:52 pm

Nice crop of guys. Obviously John has brought over his love for size and length from the Pistons.

Randolph remains my favorite at 8 with Westbrook being second. I like Joe Alexandar as well, but I'd be displeased if we drafted him over Randolph and Westbrook

Goodness would I love to pick up the Knicks pick at 6. Westbrook and Randolph.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#55 » by xTitan » Fri Jun 6, 2008 10:55 pm

Wise1 wrote:Nice crop of guys. Obviously John has brought over his love for size and length from the Pistons.

Randolph remains my favorite at 8 with Westbrook being second. I like Joe Alexandar as well, but I'd be displeased if we drafted him over Randolph and Westbrook

Goodness would I love to pick up the Knicks pick at 6. Westbrook and Randolph.

I would be very unhappy if Randolph was chosen over Alexander....Westbrook I am up in the air on.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#56 » by mcfromage » Fri Jun 6, 2008 11:43 pm

JS report on workout:
Bucks work out prospects
By Tom Enlund
Friday, Jun 6 2008, 05:57 PM
St. Francis - The Milwaukee Bucks' draft preparation moved into its next phase Friday afternoon when they conducted their first of several workout sessions for draft prospects at the team's practice facility.

Working out for the Bucks Friday were forwards Anthony Randolph of Louisiana State, Joe Alexander of West Virginia, Donte Greene of Syracuse, Walter Sharpe of Alabama-Birmingham, and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute of UCLA; along with guards Brian Roberts of Dayton, and Stanley Burrell of Xavier.

The Bucks currently hold the No. 8 spot in the June 26th draft.

"This is part of the process," said general manager John Hammond after the conclusion of the workout. "You have guys like (director of player personnel) Dave Babcock all year evaluating these kinds of players and those guys have a great handle on how good these players really are. But a part of the draft process is this. It gives our coaches a chance to see the guys. To come out and spend some individual time with them on and off the floor. So it is a part of the process. But to say the exact importance of it, I don't know if it's more important than anything else we do. But it's a part of the process."

Randolph, Alexander and Greene are all being projected as high first-round picks and any or all of them could be on the board at No. 8. Randolph averaged 15.6 points and 8.5 rebounds last season for LSU, Alexander averaged 16.9 points and 6.4 rebounds for West Virginia, while Greene averaged 17.7 points and 7.2 rebounds for Syracuse. All three seemed pleased with their workouts.

"It was great," said Randolph. "I had a lot of fun playing against those guys. It was real good. They had me doing a lot of ball-handling and shooting a lot of jumpers and getting up and down. Everybody did a great job. But I'm the best player on the court. That's how I feel."

Said Greene, "I feel good. I came out and had a strong performance. I felt like I shot the ball well and established my drive game. I'm trying to show teams that I'm not just a jump shooter, that I can drive. I handled the ball a little bit too. Overall, I definitely had fun out there."

Alexander indicated that the workouts provided a glimpse into the emphasis coach Scott Skiles puts on the mental part of the game.

"We did a lot of three-on-three situations," said Alexander. "A lot more than (in previous workouts). Less shooting. I think that shows how coach Skiles really works on the mental side of the game and reading situations."

Hammond and owner Herb Kohl were in attendance along with the coaching staff and front-office basketball staff. The Bucks have more workouts planned for next Thursday and Friday.

"I liked this whole group," said Skiles. "I thought they all played well. If someone didn't, I wouldn't throw them under the bus but this group was very good today. It was competitive and the guys were kind of similar and overall it was a very good workout."
Wise1
RealGM

Post#57 » by Wise1 » Sat Jun 7, 2008 2:04 am

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I would be very unhappy if Randolph was chosen over Alexander....Westbrook I am up in the air on.

Well, we know that both Randolph and Alexander are in the running or else Hammond wouldn't have brought them in. I see Randolph as a taller, longer Tayshaun Prince. If Randolph can play the 3 at 6'11, he's easily the pick between the two. I don't know if anyone (executives) has Alexandar rated higher than Randolph....just going by where many are projecting the two.

I'm drooling over the prospect of having a 6'11 guy that can handle it, shoot it and defend at the 3 playing next to a 7'1 pf (Yi) and a 7'0 center (Bogut). With Skiles at the helm, the defense up front would be much improved. Randolph may or may not take a year or two to develop fully, but he's certainly worth the wait with those measurables of his and the skill set. Same holds true for Yi who many are too quick to give up on as well.

I like Alexander a lot. Powerful athlete, but not as skilled as Randolph. I want the Bucks to trade for a second lottery pick so that they'd have an opportunity to draft 2 of Randolph, Westbrook and Alexander. If Love dropped, he'd be one of my guys as well.
Wise1
RealGM

Post#58 » by Wise1 » Sat Jun 7, 2008 2:17 am

"It was great," said Randolph. "I had a lot of fun playing against those guys. It was real good. They had me doing a lot of ball-handling and shooting a lot of jumpers and getting up and down. Everybody did a great job. But I'm the best player on the court. That's how I feel."

....I agree son. I agree.

**Encouraging that the Bucks had Randolph doing "a lot of ball-handling and shooting a lot of jumpers and getting up and down". Sounds like they have him correctly slotted as a small forward prospect.

If Randolph comes as advertised, he'd fit this team's needs perfectly imo.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#59 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sat Jun 7, 2008 2:42 am

I noticed that one of the Q & A's was missing. Here it is:

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,747

Post#60 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Jun 7, 2008 3:01 am

I'm becoming a big fan of Randolph and Alexander.

Can't see what all the hype for Gallinari is about. Luckily, I don't feel like our management has very much interest in him.

I think my rankings of how this draft will be remembered down the line goes:

Rose
Beasley
Mayo
Bayless
Love
Randolph
Augistine
Alexander
Gordon
Westbrook

Return to Milwaukee Bucks